Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 1:40pm
|
mxnick
3/17/2015 11:23am
Something is strange.

In 2000 Kelly Smith was a KTM and was #41, so this would / could have been his, but it is not a KTM.

So that is fishy. But the mods look very cool and pretty trick, so it probably belonged to someone who was pretty fast. Are you sure it is a 2000?
3/17/2015 12:56pm
Someone's just good at crashing, and their dad's made them a stiffer subframe.

Why would they go adding weight to a race bike?
3/17/2015 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 1:39pm
mxnick wrote:
Something is strange. In 2000 Kelly Smith was a KTM and was #41, so this would / could have been his, but it is not a...
Something is strange.

In 2000 Kelly Smith was a KTM and was #41, so this would / could have been his, but it is not a KTM.

So that is fishy. But the mods look very cool and pretty trick, so it probably belonged to someone who was pretty fast. Are you sure it is a 2000?
3/17/2015 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 1:39pm

The Shop

mxnick
3/17/2015 1:29pm

I think goodluckmonkey was being sarcastic, caption sensitive!

Obviously whomever did the welding / support work was very good and it looks like it was a nice part.
3/17/2015 1:33pm

Personally, I just reckon they were winging it, and it's not the product of finite element analysis or months of product testing.

That's obviously why all factory bikes look like this too, eh?

3/17/2015 1:35pm

mxnick wrote:
I think goodluckmonkey was being sarcastic, caption sensitive! Obviously whomever did the welding / support work was very good and it looks like it was a...

Obviously whomever did the welding / support work was very good and it looks like it was a nice part.
Cheers Nick, I guess the subtleties of the British sense of humour pass some by.
3/17/2015 1:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 1:39pm

Personally, I just reckon they were winging it, and it's not the product of finite element analysis or months of product testing. That's obviously why all...
Personally, I just reckon they were winging it, and it's not the product of finite element analysis or months of product testing.

That's obviously why all factory bikes look like this too, eh?

3/17/2015 1:47pm
A ha ha ha ha ha!

You're right! Armour playing the sh*t out of everything IS the way forward.

Aaaaand the further you add mass from the centre of mass, the better it is.
Forgot that bit from A-level physics class.

mxnick
3/17/2015 2:15pm
mxnick wrote:
I think goodluckmonkey was being sarcastic, caption sensitive! Obviously whomever did the welding / support work was very good and it looks like it was a...

Cheers Nick, I guess the subtleties of the British sense of humour pass some by.
Canadians, eh....
3/17/2015 2:19pm
mxnick wrote:

mxnick wrote:
Canadians, eh....
Wink
3/17/2015 2:45pm
Nah, you crack on.

It's St Paddys day, I've had a long day at work, had a couple of Single malts, and am just trolling about being facetious.

I'll stay out of this now, I'm done. Wink
mxnick
3/17/2015 3:15pm

The British bloke probably has been hitting the beers today, and it was all in good fun.

Dont get all sensitive on us! And if you are, then probably you shouldnt post on Vital!

3/17/2015 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2015 3:19pm
Is this the ad ? :

" Date Listed 10 March 2015

Price

$3,000.00

Orangeville, ON L9W

Make Honda
Model CR
Engine Displacement (cc) 250
Year 2000

Super trick bike
Blackfoot Honda machine
The ACTUAL bike that JSR won the 2001 Cdn Pro 250 Championship on!! Even has his AMA sticker on the steering head for his US outings!
I started to take apart as I had ideas of doing a CR500AF conversion but sold that motor
Have a new set of decals n seat cover for this too "

Funny I looked at his other ads, hardly and pictures.. just saying.
Neat project though. Post up what you find out !
3/17/2015 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 1:40pm
mxnick wrote:
The British bloke probably has been hitting the beers today, and it was all in good fun. Dont get all sensitive on us! And if you...

The British bloke probably has been hitting the beers today, and it was all in good fun.

Dont get all sensitive on us! And if you are, then probably you shouldnt post on Vital!

3/17/2015 3:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 1:40pm
Is this the ad ? : " Date Listed 10 March 2015 Price $3,000.00 Orangeville, ON L9W Make Honda Model CR Engine Displacement (cc) 250 Year...
Is this the ad ? :

" Date Listed 10 March 2015

Price

$3,000.00

Orangeville, ON L9W

Make Honda
Model CR
Engine Displacement (cc) 250
Year 2000

Super trick bike
Blackfoot Honda machine
The ACTUAL bike that JSR won the 2001 Cdn Pro 250 Championship on!! Even has his AMA sticker on the steering head for his US outings!
I started to take apart as I had ideas of doing a CR500AF conversion but sold that motor
Have a new set of decals n seat cover for this too "

Funny I looked at his other ads, hardly and pictures.. just saying.
Neat project though. Post up what you find out !
3/17/2015 3:30pm
A buddy of mine ended up with an '07 -'08 CRF450 the year after. I can't for the life of me remember whose it was..
Either JSR or one of the other famous Québec pros back then. I'll ask and get back.
What stands out is how poorly the bike was advertised and the great deal he got on it.
Bought it like in December or something.

Unfortunately a divorce put and end to that dream and it was sold off cheap during the great recession.
Of course I found out about it after the fact.
3/17/2015 3:43pm
Cool story ! Would not be hot I hope. Over here in Québec you need a title to even
think of trailering it out in the open or in the back of your truck.

I think the CRF450 was Marco Dubé's, and could of been an '06
I'll ask Jeff and get back in a day.

I don't think that '00 250 will sell very fast btw, just my impression.
MaxPower
3/17/2015 5:46pm
Im embarassed I missed the sarcasm too. I thought to myself" what's up with GLM? That response was out of character, he isn't a douche"
I thought British humor was old men dressing up in women's cloths like Benny Hill or Monte Python or the silly bickering in Top Gear.

Every time I remove a subframe I can't believe they are so strong for their weight. Those gussets are a nice touch.

3/17/2015 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2015 6:24pm
OK the '06 CRF450 that my buddy bought used to be Carl Vaillancourt's bike. It was more of a professionally set-up play bike
with FC suspension on it. Was stone reliable, low hours, too bad he didn't keep it.

CV no longer races, maybe only some vintage or vet events here and there. I heard his kid is into mogul skiing, Jean-Luc Brassard style. He also runs the family window manufacturing company.

Sorry I can't help with the '00 CR, I was just getting back into riding at that point and not up to speed on what the local pro's were up to.
5/26/2015 11:44am
@Ranger08082012

The sub frame is reinforced could possibly a aftermarket AC racing subframe? (i have yet to figure that out) or, It could be custom subframe the team built to add rigidity and strength to the rear end. The front brake rotor is aftermarket with a over-sized rotor.

I opened one of the images you posted into a new page to see if i could get a better look at the bike, and it took me to a photobucket page, Where i was able to find more pictures.

The bike is a AMA blackfoot racing bike, Tom morgan, TMR racing built the bikes for the blackfoot racing team for the 2000-2001 season.

http://motocross.transworld.net/features/mod-squad-tom-morgan-racing-ho…

The bike should be equipped with the parts listed in the link above. Vortex cdi dual map ignition linked to a KX250 kehian carb with a powerjet. ect... The cylinder should also be ported, The cylinder jug, and suspension should have "TMR" engraved into them.

I own one of the other team bikes. I came across this forum when my curiosity got the best of me and i decided to see if i could find some images of what the graphics on the bike looked like during the race season.

I've posted some pictures of My blackFoot racing bike below, The bike don't look anything like the original race bike anymore, but, The changes are all cosmetic and will probably be changed back to the team race bike graphics in the future. I did some restoration to it about 4 years ago. I've owned the bike for approx 7 years. I really wish the "AMA" sticker was still with it Sad

Post a reply to: .

The Latest