1992 Peak Pro Circuit CR125 Build

chuckdavies
Edited Date/Time 2/3/2018 11:26am
Hey guys! Felt it was about time to start my build thread as i've had a few cool parts turn up recently and this could help find me some parts I need.

My year long search for a genuine set of 92 Peak Graphics and Seat cover ended recently when I found this full kit for sale in Belgium and snapped it up! Wanted to build a 92 bike for ages as Pro Circuit were the first people to really change the image of MX bikes, plus this bike was unveiled as I was being born so thats pretty cool!

I visited Pro Circuit at the beginning of the year whilst on a ride trip with CMH (i'm from the UK), and snapped a couple of pics of the 92 bike to help me with the parts they ran.

I picked up a gem of a bike to use as a base mainly for the frame and motor (i'm joking really - it was hideous!)

Stripped it down last week, the junk pile continues to grow!

Graphics/Seat cover turned up! Super cool...

Brand new Acerbis 21-10 Front Number board

Seat cover fitted to refurbed Seat base and a genuine 91/92 Seat foam! Probably the most nervous i've been fitting a seat cover but it went on perfectly Smile

New pair of discontinued Mcgrath bend Renthal Silver/Blue bars from the USA

My best find yet! An almost Brand New pair of 92 forks!! Used to run a bike in and sat in storage for 22 years Smile Paid a small fortune in shipping them over from America but so worth it!! They'll be going to my suspension guy soon for new seals and oil, black fork feet and red anodised fork caps...

And my final purchase so far in the form of a new Pro Circuit 92 Works exhaust! It was a lot of hassle but CGH Imports (PC UK), have them making me a works pipe at the minute, and it's coming with their next shipment in a couple of weeks time!

More parts on their way, i'll keep it updated! Chuck
|
EL Sammo
8/5/2014 4:53am
Awesome!! Will be a nice looking machine when shes done.
8/5/2014 10:32am
Can't wait to see the finished product. These bikes were some of my favorites as a kid!
NESC838
8/5/2014 5:33pm
Looks like a fun build. Did the seat cover that came on the bike get tossed when you stripped it down?

The Shop

8/6/2014 12:37am
I think you're gonna strugle to beat the look and style of the original bike there Chuck... How you gonna "out cool" that STP sticker and the red gennerator cover..... it's just not gonna happen bud.... LaughingWhistling

I can't wait to see this one finished!! She's gonna be a beauty!!

Stevie
chuckdavies
8/6/2014 4:38am
StevieD113 wrote:
I think you're gonna strugle to beat the look and style of the original bike there Chuck... How you gonna "out cool" that STP sticker and...
I think you're gonna strugle to beat the look and style of the original bike there Chuck... How you gonna "out cool" that STP sticker and the red gennerator cover..... it's just not gonna happen bud.... LaughingWhistling

I can't wait to see this one finished!! She's gonna be a beauty!!

Stevie
Cheers guys! Just ordered up a few more parts will post pics when they're here!

The stock grey airbox is actually good condition but it needs a refurb. Im guessing the normal tank restoration procedures will work using different grades of wet and dry paper?

Haha thanks Stevie! It made me laugh when I picked the bike up. The guy asked me what I thought to the stickers, thinking he was joking, so I said yeah they look awesome! He said yeh my friend bought a sticker machine and made me up a full set for free!!

Maybe I could keep the front fender as it is, seeing as it already has a splitfire logo on Smile
chuckdavies
8/6/2014 4:39am
NESC838 wrote:
Looks like a fun build. Did the seat cover that came on the bike get tossed when you stripped it down?
Yes bud sorry, ive had a few people ask the same! It had actually been painted in by hand with red paint to try and refurb it haha! It basically fell apart as I was taking it off, sorry!
barkhard696
8/6/2014 5:49am
>Did the seat cover that came on the bike get tossed when you stripped it down?

In understand that Throttle Jockey will be doing a run of the HRC team seat covers soon. Pretty sure this will be the '96 pattern.
chuckdavies
8/7/2014 9:09am
Im certain I wont find the real deal Acerbis blue rear end but im against using the UFO ones because the shape is so far wrong.

Just had turn up a pair of NOS White Acerbis rear number boards and an Acerbis NOS rear fender!! Dropped them at the paint shop yesterday to be painted but theyre waiting for me to tell me the paint code. Anyone have any ideas please?!
Moto Mofo
8/7/2014 12:33pm
>Did the seat cover that came on the bike get tossed when you stripped it down? In understand that Throttle Jockey will be doing a run...
>Did the seat cover that came on the bike get tossed when you stripped it down?

In understand that Throttle Jockey will be doing a run of the HRC team seat covers soon. Pretty sure this will be the '96 pattern.
Good to know. I wish they would do a run of the '95 seat cover, though...
barkhard696
8/7/2014 5:09pm
It could be the '95. All I know is that DJ got two team Honda seats and sold me the one that is on my '95 Henry replica. He said that TJ was reproducing the other one. Why don't you call TJ to find out for sure?
Eejit360
8/9/2014 12:47am
Cool project Chuck. Like many others, I'm excited to see this one come together. Good luck with the build!
chuckdavies
8/9/2014 8:36am
Eejit360 wrote:
Cool project Chuck. Like many others, I'm excited to see this one come together. Good luck with the build!
Thanks a lot! All systems go here... Frame being shot blasted right now so i can get it all 100% and weld tabs on for the WC skid plate before powdercoating. Motor will be stripped this week for vapour blasting and bottom end powdercoating.

I have a huge order going in with MotocrossWorld by me who have a crazy amount of NOS 92 parts left..

I really need to find a RAL paint code for the blue plastics, or a paint colour i can get mixed? Hoping someone can help please!
chuckdavies
8/13/2014 2:04pm
Thanks bud, you're right. I'm waiting to speak to Rob to see what paint code he used to paint his, if not i'll just find the closest match to that dark blue seat panel i think?
chuckdavies
8/13/2014 2:11pm
One of the cooler pieces on the build is well underway... In 92 the team ran an ignition cover with the old style Pro Circuit logo raised. It was a black cover with the letters sanded back to silver and was never sold to the public.

Luckily i have a company in the UK making custom billet clutch covers so had to put the effort in to do a PC 125 ignition cover!

Here's the CAD model which doesn't show it off too well, but it should be finished machining soon so i'll make sure i post pics up...

kelroy_leon
8/14/2014 9:40am
I was just going to settle for something like this.

What models do you have a program for? I'd be interested in purchasing a few!
chuckdavies
8/14/2014 4:12pm
Yes i have that exact sticker drawn up in illustrator ready to print but i'm not cutting any corners on this build as i plan on keeping this thing forever! I have only the programmes for 125 right now but kinda wanna keep them exclusive! Email me if youre interested tho chuck_davies@hotmail.com . I also have Honda CRF250, 450, KTM 85, 250f and 350f covers ready for custom designs Smile
8/15/2014 12:41am
Hi Chuck, sorry for the late Answer (im pretty busy at the Moment)
I haven´t a color-code, we mixed the paint by hand to match the lower blue at the Seatcover.

Ignition Cover looks pretty good!
chuckdavies
8/15/2014 5:22am
Hi Chuck, sorry for the late Answer (im pretty busy at the Moment) I haven´t a color-code, we mixed the paint by hand to match the...
Hi Chuck, sorry for the late Answer (im pretty busy at the Moment)
I haven´t a color-code, we mixed the paint by hand to match the lower blue at the Seatcover.

Ignition Cover looks pretty good!
No worries bud, thanks for posting! That's cool then, i'll take the seat to the paint shop and get it matched up!

Thanks!
8/15/2014 11:49am
Wow, very cool man!
funny thing is a '92 CR250 is up for $800 here in South Africa, she don't look too bad, and for that money its almost a no-brainer!
I sure hope you stumble across the Acerbis OEM plastics, I always like to think that someone, somewhere in the world is just about to put them on Ebay : "NOS blue acerbic plastics - $50" LoL!!
I love the attention to detail - keep it up!!
8/15/2014 11:51am

Looks ok hey?
Sorry for the hi-jack, just wanted to know what you think, your '92 had quite a pile of junk going on! What kind of stuff did you manage to get from Motocross World? Plastics?
chuckdavies
8/16/2014 1:38am
OnedayWhip wrote:
Wow, very cool man! funny thing is a '92 CR250 is up for $800 here in South Africa, she don't look too bad, and for that...
Wow, very cool man!
funny thing is a '92 CR250 is up for $800 here in South Africa, she don't look too bad, and for that money its almost a no-brainer!
I sure hope you stumble across the Acerbis OEM plastics, I always like to think that someone, somewhere in the world is just about to put them on Ebay : "NOS blue acerbic plastics - $50" LoL!!
I love the attention to detail - keep it up!!
Thanks bud. I have low hopes of finding the proper acerbis plastic but i wont stop looking. I've decided i won't use UFO as they are a different shape to the proper Acerbis stuff, so bought some NOS Acerbis stuff off Dirk Timmer recently to be painted which i'm happy with!

I'm also really struggling to find the period correct PC pegs so may have to settle for some a little newer for now...Most of the other stuff should be pretty accurate to how McGraths bike was in 92!
chuckdavies
8/16/2014 1:38am
Yeah that 92 looks like a good base you should do a 93 Factory Honda rep Smile
8/17/2014 9:42am
Yeah that 92 looks like a good base you should do a 93 Factory Honda rep Smile
It looks ok hey? I'm busy with a '96 rep so it would be pretty cool.
'96 #1
'06 #2 (I'm busy with a '03 to replicate the '06 Phoenix SX CR250)
'93 #3

That would make a nice MC collection!

Cant wait to see the PC cover!

Can you make Honda Racing covers for the RC CR250 engine?
chuckdavies
8/26/2014 5:13am
Came home from holiday to a couple of presents! Big thanks to CGH Imports for the pipe! And a blue cloth Renthal barpad. Its pretty tidy but still looking for a new one, and a new red one too!

barkhard696
8/26/2014 6:29am
Chuck, my blue pad is NOS and the offer is still open to swapping for a decent quality red one.
8/26/2014 6:55am
[URL=http://s40.photobucket.com/user/chuckdavies/media/10603347_10152202490020807_6437455726466908036_n_zps915a7539.jpg.html][IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e238/chuckdavies/10603347_10152202490020807_6437455726466908036_n_zps915a7539.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
That cover looks pretty good, although not nearly as nice as that works pipe! I used Vanish 02 on mine, made a paste, rubbed it in, and then put the cloth pad cover in a delicate cycle (wife's advice). Came out really nicely and didn't affect the colour, just made the Renthal really white. I think you guys have Oxiclean, just check its got that 02 TEAD stuff in it.
Barkhard pointed me to a nice Renthal bar pad on E-bay, glad I scooped it up coz they don't come up too often...
chuckdavies
8/26/2014 10:32am
Chuck, my blue pad is NOS and the offer is still open to swapping for a decent quality red one.
I've been searching the internet daily for a NOS/mint red pad so we can do that deal dude! I wont stop searching until i get one cus you're the only one i know who has a NOS one! My buddy of mine has just messaged and said he has an almost new blue cloth one that i can have which is cool. He has some tidy chrome Renthal bars too i'm trying to buy!

Post a reply to: 1992 Peak Pro Circuit CR125 Build

The Latest