Long-term relationship.... Me and my Kawi

Leget
Fantasy
1650th
Edited Date/Time 6/28/2017 10:50am
Just sharing some recent race pics of my 1992 KX250.

I've owned this bike since 1993, its been rebuilt from the frame up a couple of times.
I've just kept up on maintenance, made some changes here and there.

I've used it for MX, hare scrambles and trail riding over the years.

I raced it in the 40+ class last weekend at East Bend MX, I made it less than 1 lap in the first moto before the front end washed out and i dislocated my thumb, but I popped my thumb back into place and finished the moto.

Lined up for the second moto and did my best Allesi impression, I got a great start and then dropped back into the pack. My fitness just wasn't up to snuff, but i'm officially blaming my thumb..LOL.
The bike ran perfect, no problems at all...it's still way faster than i am. Smile

|
Leget
Fantasy
1650th
6/24/2017 4:22pm
Thanks nicko-31

At the race, I had several people come up and ask if it was a 500.
I thought the older guys would comment on the bike more but it was mostly kids that was checking it out.

Here she is cleaned up....not bad for 25 years old.

chuckie108
6/24/2017 7:06pm
That's awesome!! I've got my '98 YZ250 I've owned since new, need to get it back on the track!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

The Shop

starchild
6/25/2017 5:21am
Great looking kawi and an awesome bike! I love my older KX too. Looking good out on the track!
Leget
Fantasy
1650th
6/25/2017 5:59am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2017 6:01am
Thanks guys

Looking at the photo of that bike made me remember a photo I have that was taken after a Hare Scramble where it isn't so clean. This bike is no garage queen. Smile

Simple Green and an old toothbrush works like magic.

yak651
Fantasy
214th
6/25/2017 6:45pm
Nice, that track looks pretty fun also!
Tbteam
6/26/2017 5:25am
Love the 86 DB One helmet.

I wore mine at Diamond Don's AHRMA race in April and they weren't going to let me race because it was too "old"!

They put a special sticker on it that meant that I assumed full liability for the outdated technology. I just laughed.
Leget
Fantasy
1650th
6/28/2017 7:25am
Tbteam wrote:
Love the 86 DB One helmet. I wore mine at Diamond Don's AHRMA race in April and they weren't going to let me race because it...
Love the 86 DB One helmet.

I wore mine at Diamond Don's AHRMA race in April and they weren't going to let me race because it was too "old"!

They put a special sticker on it that meant that I assumed full liability for the outdated technology. I just laughed.
That's one of my favorite helmets too.
I started racing in the early 80's and David Bailey was always one of my heros, along with O'Mara, Ward and the list goes on.

I always wanted to ride and look like those guys. I still have my "Johnny O'" Answer replica gear from when I was a kid.

Leget
Fantasy
1650th
6/28/2017 7:31am
yak651 wrote:
Nice, that track looks pretty fun also!
It is really fun, its one of my favorite local tracks. We used to ride a Zoo City a lot but it got shut down.
We need more MX tracks in NC...
Leget
Fantasy
1650th
6/28/2017 9:07am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2017 10:50am
Bike looks good and gear is on-point!
Remember, "it's better to look good than to feel good."
And, "you look mahvelous."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gbDgptNlvA
LOL... thanks

I'm just here for the fashion. Smile
Gotta give props to my Daughter, she likes to get my gear ready. I grabbed another pair of pants that day and she said "NO !".

EDIT:
I actually need to give props to the whole family.
My wife took the first three pics (which are awesome) and took care of everything. My daughter kept me from looking like a goon and she also took the last photo when we were lining up. And my son was turning wrenches and helped keep the old Kaw running and rideable. (I had forgotten to tighten up the steering stem nut and didn't notice until we were called for practice).
I haven't mentioned half of what they did (you know how race days are).
I really only had to ride the bike that day. I know I'm lucky to have such a great Family.
Mini Elsinore
6/28/2017 11:15am
Bike looks good and gear is on-point!
Remember, "it's better to look good than to feel good."
And, "you look mahvelous."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gbDgptNlvA
Leget wrote:
LOL... thanks I'm just here for the fashion. :) Gotta give props to my Daughter, she likes to get my gear ready. I grabbed another pair...
LOL... thanks

I'm just here for the fashion. Smile
Gotta give props to my Daughter, she likes to get my gear ready. I grabbed another pair of pants that day and she said "NO !".

EDIT:
I actually need to give props to the whole family.
My wife took the first three pics (which are awesome) and took care of everything. My daughter kept me from looking like a goon and she also took the last photo when we were lining up. And my son was turning wrenches and helped keep the old Kaw running and rideable. (I had forgotten to tighten up the steering stem nut and didn't notice until we were called for practice).
I haven't mentioned half of what they did (you know how race days are).
I really only had to ride the bike that day. I know I'm lucky to have such a great Family.
You, sir, have a quality family! There is nothing better than that...
Leget
Fantasy
1650th
6/29/2017 6:40am
Motocross, it's a Family thing... Smile

Leget
Fantasy
1650th
6/30/2017 9:11am
chuckie108 wrote:
That's awesome!! I've got my '98 YZ250 I've owned since new, need to get it back on the track!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
Curious if you got that YZ out yet.
What kind of condition is it in now?
chuckie108
6/30/2017 5:52pm
Not yet- was looking at it last weekend though. It's in pieces in my garage rafters. I took it apart as I was mod-ing the frame to accept a Ohlins 360 motor I had built. But money got tight at some point and I ended up selling the 360 motor and shelving the 250. I'm currently framing my modern bike, and I'm still incomplete on my YZ400. As soon as I get those wrapped up, I'm gonna start on my 250. I'm gonna make it my desert/off road bike- although with the factory race team look.
markit
6/30/2017 9:21pm
Man I'm missing my 94 now.

Post a reply to: Long-term relationship.... Me and my Kawi

The Latest