1991 YZ250 Build

socalsand
7/2/2017 4:44pm
reggie426 wrote:
Hi all, new member here, joined after searching a few things and found this site. I've picked up a running 1991 YZ250 for 2 bottles of...
Hi all, new member here, joined after searching a few things and found this site.

I've picked up a running 1991 YZ250 for 2 bottles of Jack Daniels, and I've decided to do a frame up rebuild as a fun project. I've always been a 4 stroke guy so this is all new territory for me. The bike has fuel running out the overflow of the carby and first gear doesn't work but it starts cold after 4 or 5 kicks and is complete.

I'm aiming to have it looking like this

but without the Ohlins bits obviously.

I'm going to have to split the cases to get to the gearbox, and I'll do top and bottom ends, bearings etc at the same time. I have a spare 1995 engine here that's apparently seized, I've stripped the cylinder off and the pistons in backwards for a start but not sure what else is wrong.

So, my first question is, is the '95 tranny different to the 91? Can I use the gear set from that bike in my build?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

socalsand wrote:
When your bike is all done and your ready for the handle bar moto pad like on that bike, look me up. I recreate the old...
When your bike is all done and your ready for the handle bar moto pad like on that bike, look me up. I recreate the old bar pads. I made this one for a guy.
ddr0986@aol.com

I will need a pad thanks .
I responded to your email. Thanks
7/4/2017 2:27am
Thanks mate, but I decided to stick with the stock magenta rebuild. This has stalled a bit, I've been mucking around with a 99 KX 125 as well so I haven't really done anything to this one lately.

The Shop

Post a reply to: 1991 YZ250 Build

The Latest