1983 RM 125 shock

CamP
9/10/2015 6:12am
Mike, I have a spare shock body you can have. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will fit/work for you.
mb60
9/10/2015 7:46am
Cam that would be great. I have already order another seal head and I can try yours. I will send you a text message.
UFOpilot
4/14/2024 10:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2024 10:17pm
Suzuki "miniaturized" the RM125 shock with the '82 model. The two years ('82-'83) RM125 are unique in this respect. The '81 has essentially the same shock...
Suzuki "miniaturized" the RM125 shock with the '82 model. The two years ('82-'83) RM125 are unique in this respect. The '81 has essentially the same shock as the 250/465/500.

The first-gen Floaters are great years for us Suzuki guys, it will be worth the effort to get the bike set up properly. You can also try FullFloater.com on FB, lots of guys there who race these bikes regularly, you should be able to find a spring for a swap or buy. Or, try RaceTech or Works Performance for springs .. but it is possible that you might have to get one custom wound.

CamP knows a place to get this done, he races an '82 RM250, and he's in your area (Grapevine-Colleyville). He's a regular here and on FullFloater.com FB and is one of the great guys of our hobby.

Hello, wondering if you guys can help out. Restoring a 1981 RM465.  The frame came with a shock so I assumed it was original to the bike.  Hose is a bit worn, needs a new one but still OK, only when I came to replace the spring adjusters or spinners, the upper one holding the spring I replaced with a NOS part only to find it far wider, it was well over 50mm. The original thread is roughly 48- 49mm. I'm hoping the part was wrongly numbered and im hoping I'm not throwing time, effort and money into restoring the wrong shock. I know the adjusters on the CMS parts schematic show the 125/250/465 share the same adjusters and part numbers although, the 82 125(US) have a totally different part number.  The only identifying mark on the shock is a thinly stamped number on the base of the shock. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

P.S. If anyone has a spare NOS hose for sale please get in touch. 

Regards Gaz.

barkhard696
4/17/2024 1:56pm

WOW this is a way-dead thread. I sold off all my stuff a while back. But as it turns out I just happened to be here doing some research to help out a buddy. What I said 9 years ago is still true. Start with FullFloater.com on Facebook. Also there are several groups on FB just for RM 125 and 250s. Also groups for vintage MX bikes. You can list on Mark's Vintage MX site for Info/Parts Wanted. There was like another vintage site out of Italy that had GREAT stuff and there's a place called like CSMB(?) in the Netherlands that stocks older NOS parts. You're going to have to do some networking for this info and that hose which means joining different groups and talking to folks. GL    

The Shop

UFOpilot
4/17/2024 2:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2024 2:27pm
WOW this is a way-dead thread. I sold off all my stuff a while back. But as it turns out I just happened to be here...

WOW this is a way-dead thread. I sold off all my stuff a while back. But as it turns out I just happened to be here doing some research to help out a buddy. What I said 9 years ago is still true. Start with FullFloater.com on Facebook. Also there are several groups on FB just for RM 125 and 250s. Also groups for vintage MX bikes. You can list on Mark's Vintage MX site for Info/Parts Wanted. There was like another vintage site out of Italy that had GREAT stuff and there's a place called like CSMB(?) in the Netherlands that stocks older NOS parts. You're going to have to do some networking for this info and that hose which means joining different groups and talking to folks. GL    

Cheers mate. I think I live at CMS lol. My front sprocket chain guide came from an old bike shop in Canada lol. I've turned into the Lawnmower man. Go to the last 2 pages on my thread, the shock is almost done. 

Post a reply to: 1983 RM 125 shock

The Latest