1979 YZ 100 Motocrosser all original still runs

KXCRYZRM
Edited Date/Time 7/29/2014 11:29am
This was my Dad's bike from 1979. It was bought brand new. Everything is as it was from the factory, except the air filter which totally fell apart. Would like some info on these and why I don't hear of them too often. Are they semi-rare? Sat in shed for 4 years since last been started. I found it and threw in some fresh gas and it started first kick after that period of time.. This is my first post so I thought I would show something that probably doesn't come up a whole lot.

|
Eejit360
7/29/2014 1:31am
Hi there!

That's a cool little bike! I don't know much about them, but there are plenty of guys on here that I am sure do. From what I have seen on the net 100cc vintage class racing is really popular in the US with some very trick bikes and some Legends of the sport competing.

I just wanted to say that it's very cool that you have your Dad's actual bike from way back in the day, I'm sure there are some great memories and stories that go along with it.

Enjoy!
KXCRYZRM
7/29/2014 11:29am
Eejit360 wrote:
Hi there! That's a cool little bike! I don't know much about them, but there are plenty of guys on here that I am sure do...
Hi there!

That's a cool little bike! I don't know much about them, but there are plenty of guys on here that I am sure do. From what I have seen on the net 100cc vintage class racing is really popular in the US with some very trick bikes and some Legends of the sport competing.

I just wanted to say that it's very cool that you have your Dad's actual bike from way back in the day, I'm sure there are some great memories and stories that go along with it.

Enjoy!
I sure am glad we have kept it, a few times the question has came up to just get rid of it, but ever since I have shown an interest it has stayed. I have some pictures of some wild things being done on this bike about 30 years ago. I have tracked down the last known owner of my Dad's other bike, a 1987 KX 250, which was given to a friend of a friend a few years ago and I will be trying to get that back too. If there was a vintage mx club in Northern California I would race this 100, but there is nothing out here. Maybe I should start one.....Thank you for replying to my first forum topic, the old school moto section is really the only reason I joined this site.

Post a reply to: 1979 YZ 100 Motocrosser all original still runs

The Latest