1978 HONDA CR 250R Crank specs

oldsocalmxr
Does anybody have actual specifications for a '78 CR 250 crank? Need the correct pin length for sure. I had a pro-x rod kit put in a crank for a bike I am rebuilding, but It is too wide web to web. It measured out at 60mm. Mitaka has a kit that uses a 56mm pin. I have also heard 58mm to be the correct width. Any light that can be shed on this would be appreciated!
|
5/23/2017 4:27am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2017 4:27am
The cranks when pressed up should be 58.00mm wide. Pins should be 56.00mm, giving 1.00mm clearance on each side, from the outer of the crank web to the end of the pin.

Stevie
oldsocalmxr
5/23/2017 6:59am
Thanks Stevie!! I was hoping you would catch this. Had my crank balanced/trued and welded. Unfortunately, the tech didn't measure the crank prior to dis-assembly. I ended up with a crank 60mm wide. Found out the pro-x rod kits are not correct for the '78-'80 CR's. Hopefully better luck this time.
Thanks again!
Mike
oldsocalmxr
6/4/2017 3:36pm
Ended up sending my crank to Crank Works in Arizona. Spent quite some time discussing specs for the '78 CR250 crank. The people I spoke with were extremely knowledgeable and friendly. I have 35 plus years as a M/C mechanic, so I know this to be true. The crank came back looking better than new (trued and welded). They surfaced and polished the crank as well. It fit perfect upon re-assembly. Can not recommend Crank Works highly enough.
Stevie- Thanks again for the input..... this build is turning into quite the money pit.Wink

Rocky739
6/6/2017 6:17am
Ended up sending my crank to Crank Works in Arizona. Spent quite some time discussing specs for the '78 CR250 crank. The people I spoke with...
Ended up sending my crank to Crank Works in Arizona. Spent quite some time discussing specs for the '78 CR250 crank. The people I spoke with were extremely knowledgeable and friendly. I have 35 plus years as a M/C mechanic, so I know this to be true. The crank came back looking better than new (trued and welded). They surfaced and polished the crank as well. It fit perfect upon re-assembly. Can not recommend Crank Works highly enough.
Stevie- Thanks again for the input..... this build is turning into quite the money pit.Wink

Glad to hear, I wish i had sent my crank to them versus the shop I used. The next Honda crank will be going their way for sure!

Post a reply to: 1978 HONDA CR 250R Crank specs

The Latest