Best Trails in the South?

eric427
Fantasy
3789th
Hey guys, I have always raced mx but recently I have been riding a lot of trails and really enjoying it. I have been researching new trails to ride so I can try something new other than the two trails I have been riding in Louisiana. Mainly interested in the southern states because its an easier trip (TX, TN, MS, AL, AR). If you guys know of any cool trails there let me know, thanks.
|
jbonemalone
12/14/2016 2:07pm
I live in central Louisiana and have heard from numerous people that mill creek area in Arkansas is pretty nice.
1/16/2017 7:23am
Barnwell Mountain at gilmer, Tx is fun if you like the rough stuff. Lake Greeson in Arkansas has the Bear Creek Trail system and offers quite a few miles of trails. Hot Springs ORV Park in Hot Springs, AR also has a lot of trails. Check out the LACC racing series. That may open some doors to more trails in your area.
wfopete
2/17/2017 4:47am
If you want some gnarly s/t check out Brock Creek in Arkansas. Good idea to have full bike armor and good technical riding skills.

The Shop

wfopete
3/16/2017 4:35pm
A trials tire and/or Rekluse is a good idea too.
3/29/2017 11:23am
Trace State Park in Pontotoc MS is excellent. Trails are not marked very well although there is a map that helps.
If you can get with a "local" you will have a ball. Fantastic single track terrain, hills, roots. Great camping area as well.

SDRA riding club in Sarah, MS...$20 day pass. Really good single track if not wet or slick. Marked very well. About 16 miles of single track.

Of course, I must mention the upcoming Loretta Lynn MTDR Spring Trail Ride coming up April 5, 6 and 7.
It is a real treat. Great Camping. Main trail about 17 miles of hills and water breaks...this is the stuff they run the GNCC on...very rough...if you are willing to twist the throttle it is some 5th gear stuff although I don't recommend it. Smile They do allow Quads at the event but out of the 800 or so riders, I'd guess only about 10 are Quads.

The best part though is the excellent single track for bikes only..broken up into multiple sections...usually totally about 15 miles or so.

Post a reply to: Best Trails in the South?

The Latest