why i carry a pistol

6/23/2016 6:06pm
kripple428 wrote:
I don't mean to get in a big debate with you so don't take offence by this but you are NEVER safe it doesn't matter what...
I don't mean to get in a big debate with you so don't take offence by this but you are NEVER safe it doesn't matter what city you are in yes I would feel much safer somewhere besides Chicago,Detroit,DC but how safe do you feel in cities like Orlando,Blacksburg VA,Newtown,Killeen TX,San Bernadino, or Aurora CO? Those as you probably know are all locations of some of the deadliest mass shootings to occur in the U.S. Not exactly places where most people would feel threatened but on those particular days one bad guy with a gun made them some of the deadliest places on earth. One good guy with a pistol could have potentially saved a lot of lives in every single one of those instances. ARM YOURSELVES PEOPLE.
Agree 110%
Jimmy_Sloan
6/23/2016 8:15pm
Lucifa. wrote:
I feel sorry for you guys living in a country where you have to carry a gun to protect yourselves. I guess your freedom to live...
I feel sorry for you guys living in a country where you have to carry a gun to protect yourselves. I guess your freedom to live in a safe country is gone.
Freedom is still there, just that there is a certain group that feels more powerful with a gun.
hillbilly
6/23/2016 10:00pm
Lucifa. wrote:
I feel sorry for you guys living in a country where you have to carry a gun to protect yourselves. I guess your freedom to live...
I feel sorry for you guys living in a country where you have to carry a gun to protect yourselves. I guess your freedom to live in a safe country is gone.
Freedom is still there, just that there is a certain group that feels more powerful with a gun.
I just feel equal.

The Shop

Motoxdoc
6/24/2016 10:26am
Anyone who carries a pistol with them everywhere they go.......that tells me at least 2 things about them. They are excessively paranoid.....and the chances that they are killed with a gun are much higher than mine.
6/24/2016 10:36am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2016 10:40am
Prntscrn wrote:
The fact that some of you actually feel like you need a gun to feel safe must tell you guys something is wrong? I sure as...
The fact that some of you actually feel like you need a gun to feel safe must tell you guys something is wrong? I sure as hell wouldn't feel safe in my city if I knew a bunch of people were carrying
Krallang wrote:
Do you not trust the people that live in your city? Why do you have a trust problem with people?
Ever visited America ? You probably struck up a nice conversation with someone with a concealed weapon and woukd never know it. And you'd walk away going, "man what I nice chap that was."

Where my parents live (out in the sticks) we don't lock any doors. Or anything. It's very safe. My parents don't even own a gun. After seeing videos my best friend in Iraq took while he was deployed, and working in a major hospital in a city, I decided I needed guns. Lots of them. My parents plot of land is a lot different than the world, it's not all fields and lakes and sweet sunset serenity....
mxb2
6/24/2016 10:45am
Best advice, dont post what you would do to someone, a lawyer would have a field day.
6/24/2016 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2016 12:27pm
Post everything you wouldn't do !

Motoxdoc what's not to be paranoid about ? According to the media Apparently there's minions running around with scary black assault rifles, murderin everyone. Why not carry one ? I can't throw a rock for shit.
Motoxdoc
6/24/2016 12:25pm
Prntscrn wrote:
The fact that some of you actually feel like you need a gun to feel safe must tell you guys something is wrong? I sure as...
The fact that some of you actually feel like you need a gun to feel safe must tell you guys something is wrong? I sure as hell wouldn't feel safe in my city if I knew a bunch of people were carrying
Krallang wrote:
Do you not trust the people that live in your city? Why do you have a trust problem with people?
Ever visited America ? You probably struck up a nice conversation with someone with a concealed weapon and woukd never know it. And you'd walk away...
Ever visited America ? You probably struck up a nice conversation with someone with a concealed weapon and woukd never know it. And you'd walk away going, "man what I nice chap that was."

Where my parents live (out in the sticks) we don't lock any doors. Or anything. It's very safe. My parents don't even own a gun. After seeing videos my best friend in Iraq took while he was deployed, and working in a major hospital in a city, I decided I needed guns. Lots of them. My parents plot of land is a lot different than the world, it's not all fields and lakes and sweet sunset serenity....
Your friend filmed a video in a destabilized, war-torn Iraq and THAT made you scared enough to decide you need "lots" of guns.....HERE? Huh
I live in the middle of a city....crime happens all around.....but for some reason I'm not scared enough to "carry" and I leave my doors unlocked and I feel safe. I've heard a lot of stories about people being shot with their own gun....Hell, I recently heard of a gun safety advocate being shot with her own gun by her 4 year old kid!.....who was restrained in a child car seat! I feel comfortable knowing that the chances of you being shot are significantly higher than that for me.
6/24/2016 1:39pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2016 1:44pm
Dude. Iraq was doing pretty good at one point. They had nice malls, fountains, grass in the city....

If a country can go to shit like that, what the hell makes you think the USA can't just go to shit ? Are we sheltered ? Can't happen to us ? Destabilization isn't possible here?! Not even the slightest chance of it ? Do you really beleive that? I guess my other point is there are evil people and wackos that don't mind killing anyone for any reason....
Titan1
6/24/2016 2:48pm
Krallang wrote:
Ever visited America ? You probably struck up a nice conversation with someone with a concealed weapon and woukd never know it. And you'd walk away...

Motoxdoc wrote:
Your friend filmed a video in a destabilized, war-torn Iraq and THAT made you scared enough to decide you need "lots" of guns.....HERE? :huh: I live...
Your friend filmed a video in a destabilized, war-torn Iraq and THAT made you scared enough to decide you need "lots" of guns.....HERE? Huh
I live in the middle of a city....crime happens all around.....but for some reason I'm not scared enough to "carry" and I leave my doors unlocked and I feel safe. I've heard a lot of stories about people being shot with their own gun....Hell, I recently heard of a gun safety advocate being shot with her own gun by her 4 year old kid!.....who was restrained in a child car seat! I feel comfortable knowing that the chances of you being shot are significantly higher than that for me.
I am 100% convinced that you have an irrational fear of guns.

You've probably never been around them, or have never fired them more than a handful of times, right?

The number of people unintentionally shot by their own gun...there were 606 accidental gun deaths in 2010. That's it. Out of how many gun owners, and guns, in America? You really think owning a gun makes you more likely to be killed by one? Like I said, you have an irrational fear.
6/24/2016 7:10pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
Anyone who carries a pistol with them everywhere they go.......that tells me at least 2 things about them. They are excessively paranoid.....and the chances that they...
Anyone who carries a pistol with them everywhere they go.......that tells me at least 2 things about them. They are excessively paranoid.....and the chances that they are killed with a gun are much higher than mine.
The chances they can defend themselves is also much greater than yours.
legswag
6/24/2016 8:36pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2016 8:39pm
i hope u guys take your meds so I don't have to duck at the stray bullets. Guns should be melted...
6/24/2016 10:23pm
Lucifa. wrote:
I have no dog in the gun control fight. Either way it doesn't affect me here. I have seen all the media coverage of the mass...
I have no dog in the gun control fight. Either way it doesn't affect me here.

I have seen all the media coverage of the mass shootings but what we don't hear about in my country is the daily shootings that happen in the States. It wasn't untill I read some of the posts in the non Moto section that I now understand how bad it really is. I can understand some citys/areas are worst than others.

colintrax wrote:
Don't let the media and shit you see on the Internet give you the wrong idea about America. I've been shot at once in my life...
Don't let the media and shit you see on the Internet give you the wrong idea about America. I've been shot at once in my life, and I'm not even sure they were aiming for me or just trying to scare me off. Well and my step brother almost shot me on accident. I've had several guns pulled on me. But ultimately I'm a little to blame, I put myself in those situations except for one. My experience with guns is the exception, most people don't know what it's like to be looking down a barrel. My pistol is just as much a toy as it is for protection, I enjoy making holes in paper. Of course with as expensive as it is, I "need" it for protection to justify the cost. I do buy/sell a lot on craigslist, and I frequently road trip sleeping in parking lots and stealing showers.
My ex gf was pretty anti-gun until I took her camping. Pissing in the woods in the middle of night can be unnerving for some people, so me watching her with the gun helped her feel better.

And thanks for the advice yall. I reckon I'll buy a better (slimer) holster when I can justify buying a better gun. Maybe then I'll be able to get over the uncomfortable feeling. For now it'll stay in my car unless I feel the need to carry it.
hillbilly wrote:
Get you an old car to shoot up, it is so cool to put a round right thru an engine block .
Thats what Fords are for?
Prntscrn
6/26/2016 3:28am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2016 3:31am
Prntscrn wrote:
Krallang wrote:

I have visited you country couple of times and I love it. I find americans super friendly, nice and easy going if I generlize. But I have also found myself in some neighbourhoods where I felt the need to check if the car doors were looked a second time just in case, I don't think I'v ever been in that position here. We come from different parts of the world so obv we have different perspectives, were I come from guns are a big no no and only for thugs. If I wanted to get my hands on a gun here I'm guessing I would have to meet upp and make business with some scary people.

Krallang and to feel the need of carrying is not trust issues?
mxb2
6/26/2016 6:03am
Krallang wrote:

Prntscrn wrote:
I have visited you country couple of times and I love it. I find americans super friendly, nice and easy going if I generlize. But I...
I have visited you country couple of times and I love it. I find americans super friendly, nice and easy going if I generlize. But I have also found myself in some neighbourhoods where I felt the need to check if the car doors were looked a second time just in case, I don't think I'v ever been in that position here. We come from different parts of the world so obv we have different perspectives, were I come from guns are a big no no and only for thugs. If I wanted to get my hands on a gun here I'm guessing I would have to meet upp and make business with some scary people.

Krallang and to feel the need of carrying is not trust issues?
Locked doors? criminals bust the windows.
Prntscrn
6/26/2016 7:11am
I meant while driving. And more of a figure of speech since I know a lot of the cars look themselves when you drive away.
6/26/2016 8:29am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2016 8:32am
I'll roll througg the east side of Cleveland with my doors unlocked. Windows down. Will stop at a convenient store too. Cheap monsters. 1.50. Sketchy as hell but nobody bothers me. Sometimes the occasional bum asks for a few bucks. Still don't totally trust the environment. That's as close to unstable as you come in America. Wel except I hear the south side of Detroit is real bad too. Stay away.

I suppose If I was pimping women or selling drugs it might be more bothersome.
Titan1
6/27/2016 11:14am
legswag wrote:
i hope u guys take your meds so I don't have to duck at the stray bullets. Guns should be melted...
I'm convinced that the arguments of those against guns are based entirely on irrational fears...

Sad.
hillbilly
6/27/2016 11:23am
The guy that killed my best friend in 86 got out a few years ago.

He said he'd kill me as i told him the same.

Went to his parole hearings to keep him in till max.

Have no idea what he looks like now a days,they wont give me a pic.

He stabbed a guard and was just a bad dude in prison,sure he is a nice guy now.

Yeah,a little paranoid of getting killed.
6/27/2016 12:39pm
Oh god. That's exactly the kinda nightmare I don't wanna deal with hillbilly. Jesus.
hillbilly
6/27/2016 1:02pm
Oh god. That's exactly the kinda nightmare I don't wanna deal with hillbilly. Jesus.
Right after he gets out there was a hostage situation just a mile from me. I listen to the scanner and they say 3 in the house 2m 1 fm. It goes into night till 2 shots are heard.

The cops wait on sun up to go in find 1 male 1 female call it a murder suicide go home.

Well, a bit later i find out it was the convict son and girlfriend that were killed. The rumor is he raped the sons girlfriend and pulled a gun on his dad there. He wrestles it away or whatever kills them and slips out to not go back to prison.

Yeah,i carry a gun.

Post a reply to: why i carry a pistol

The Latest