what is with all these kids getting sick?

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 9/17/2014 12:17pm
I saw a piece on the news that showed about a dozen states with this mystery illness affecting kids ,one hospital had 500 I believe.

The sound was down so I just read subtitles but it was a asthma like illness.

Could this be related to kids coming from down south?
|
Cygnus
9/12/2014 1:28pm
Everyone I know is sick with this crud right now.
Titan1
9/12/2014 2:26pm
I say its chem-trails...has to be.
bsm121
9/12/2014 2:32pm
IWreckALot wrote:
School just started back up.
Yep.
Classrooms are e Petri dish.

The Shop

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/12/2014 4:54pm
I had a cough for like 5 months. I am good now but I was worried. It sucked. I had not been sick in many years.
enketchum
9/12/2014 6:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2014 6:24pm
IWreckALot wrote:
School just started back up.
bsm121 wrote:
Yep.
Classrooms are e Petri dish.
I got bronchitis from some students over the summer. Kids at my high school are getting rashes on their arms almost every day. That's what I'm wondering about
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
9/13/2014 7:36pm
Niece got it, 5 years old. She lives in north central South Dakota.

Fine one minute, the next in the bedroom trying to breath. Admitted to hospital with 80% O2 sat, on oxygen and ivs for
three days to get O2 sat back to normal range.

Back to normal now. Weird.

PS
bsm121
9/13/2014 9:37pm
enketchum wrote:
North Central South Dakota??
...just west of there...
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
9/14/2014 6:19am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2014 6:22am
enketchum wrote:
North Central South Dakota??
Lol, Yes Eric. North, Central, South Dakota. Does that help you?Shocked

Aberdeen, South Dakota to be exact. Look it up on the map.

It's where I said it was. North, Central, South Dakota.

Stick to teaching math, Geography you don't get.GrinningEvil

j/k man

bsm,

I like your avatar, that's funny.

PS
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
9/14/2014 5:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2014 5:15pm

Doh!!!! That's funny, if you only knew how I feel about that desolate place. Ugh!

It's like a tar pit, sucks you in and there's no escape.

Peace man

PS
IWreckALot
9/15/2014 6:01am
FLmxer wrote:
I had a cough for like 5 months. I am good now but I was worried. It sucked. I had not been sick in many years.
Was it a sinus infection? Seems like lately they're taking longer and longer to get over. I get at least one a year and I swear I keep the cough for about 3 months after all the other symptoms disappear.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/15/2014 8:44am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2014 8:49am
FLmxer wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Was it a sinus infection? Seems like lately they're taking longer and longer to get over. I get at least one a year and I swear...
Was it a sinus infection? Seems like lately they're taking longer and longer to get over. I get at least one a year and I swear I keep the cough for about 3 months after all the other symptoms disappear.
Might have started with that. More like an asthma like shortness of breathe. Like no oxygen and every time I would breathe normal I would cough and cough so I could only breathe real short. Went to doc twice and got a z pack but didn't get better for months after.
9/15/2014 8:47am
Shit- between school shooting, bizarre illnesses, political correctness run amuck and insane school administrators, home schooling is looking more and more attractive for my little daughter. (And she doesn't even race.)

I thought that she might need to be "socialized" in a regular school, but then I remember what's going on in our society, and decided maybe being "socialized" to all that chaos might not be a good thing.
captmoto
9/15/2014 8:57am
Some third world shit from the illegal rush across the border earlier this year? Where are those kids? Were they or weren't they sick? Even if they were detained,there are sill people who were in contact with them and could have transmitted all the cooties out of the detention centers to their homes.
IWreckALot
9/15/2014 10:23am
captmoto wrote:
Some third world shit from the illegal rush across the border earlier this year? Where are those kids? Were they or weren't they sick? Even if...
Some third world shit from the illegal rush across the border earlier this year? Where are those kids? Were they or weren't they sick? Even if they were detained,there are sill people who were in contact with them and could have transmitted all the cooties out of the detention centers to their homes.
While I don't think the border situation is under control, I do not think this is an illness that stemmed in Mexico. There aren't any illnesses like this in Texas, California or bordering states. If they passed through, you'd think they would leave a trail. And not that Mexico's health care is up to par, but you don't hear any reports of this stuff down there that I've seen. I'm not saying it's not from Mexico, but I don't see any correlation.
enketchum
9/16/2014 6:32pm
Shit- between school shooting, bizarre illnesses, political correctness run amuck and insane school administrators, home schooling is looking more and more attractive for my little daughter...
Shit- between school shooting, bizarre illnesses, political correctness run amuck and insane school administrators, home schooling is looking more and more attractive for my little daughter. (And she doesn't even race.)

I thought that she might need to be "socialized" in a regular school, but then I remember what's going on in our society, and decided maybe being "socialized" to all that chaos might not be a good thing.
She could end up in my classroom. HOME SCHOOL HOME SCHOOL HOME SCHOOL AT ALL COSTS
9/16/2014 10:09pm
Maybe people just need to wash their hands more.
I have made it a point to wash my hands/sanitize, get lots of rest, and not touch my eyes over the past three years.

It's anecdotal but I've only been sick twice in the last ~30 months.
TDeath21
9/16/2014 11:20pm
Who knows? Every so often throughout human history, we deal with and survive an epidemic of some sort.
jndmx
9/17/2014 2:58am
thesadguy wrote:
I would say it is from the open border.
That is exactly where this shit is coming from.
Maybe this has more to do with it?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/consumer-health/in-depth/antib…

"Antibiotic resistance is a global health problem. Nearly all significant bacterial infections in the world are becoming resistant to commonly used antibiotics. When you misuse antibiotics, you help create resistant microorganisms that can cause new and hard-to-treat infections. That's why the decisions you make about using antibiotics — unlike almost any other medicine you take — have far-reaching consequences. Be responsible in how you use antibiotics to protect your health and that of your family, neighbors and community."

They have been whacking a pill or a shot into every kid that has the sniffles for the last 20 years and it's F'ing up the way humans deal with infections.

They also suggest good hygiene and vaccinations in that article as well
9/17/2014 4:29am
Titan1 wrote:
I say its chem-trails...has to be.
Or could be the fall out from fukushima that is still on going?
children will be the first effected
9/17/2014 9:44am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2014 9:52am
jndmx wrote:
Maybe this has more to do with it? http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/consumer-health/in-depth/antibiotics/art-20045720?pg=1 [i]"Antibiotic resistance is a global health problem. Nearly all significant bacterial infections in the world are becoming...
Maybe this has more to do with it?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/consumer-health/in-depth/antib…

"Antibiotic resistance is a global health problem. Nearly all significant bacterial infections in the world are becoming resistant to commonly used antibiotics. When you misuse antibiotics, you help create resistant microorganisms that can cause new and hard-to-treat infections. That's why the decisions you make about using antibiotics — unlike almost any other medicine you take — have far-reaching consequences. Be responsible in how you use antibiotics to protect your health and that of your family, neighbors and community."

They have been whacking a pill or a shot into every kid that has the sniffles for the last 20 years and it's F'ing up the way humans deal with infections.

They also suggest good hygiene and vaccinations in that article as well
level
9/17/2014 12:17pm
This shit scares me and viruses and bacteria scare me in general. It is like we are constantly in a battle (the human race) against viruses and bacteria. It is scary feeling like shit and being sick and not having any idea why. Scary stuff man.

Post a reply to: what is with all these kids getting sick?

The Latest