tv show MOONSHINERS

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 12/27/2013 4:11pm
The 1st season was real,now they are just mailing it in.

Fake still sites,no way they will work the way it is setting there for jim tom and wayne
Surprised jim tom would let it be filmed like that

Hiding shine in a lake?lol,how stupid.

The guys burying theirs under the stage last year,never work.

It takes a huge amount of cool water to condense the vapor.

Loved the early shows,now I'm embarrassed for them.
|
Markout
12/25/2013 11:55am Edited Date/Time 12/25/2013 11:57am
It's reality tv, none of it is real. Do you really think a camera would be following people around breaking the law, with the cops also looking for them? Wouldn't it make sense for the cops to go to the producers, and camera men and say "show me where the stills are"? Not to mention they now have video evidence of them making and distributing moonshine.
I think it's also illegal for the producers to film people for a tv show breaking the law and not report it.

Duck Dynasty use to be funny, it was always made up, but after the Hawaii season finale I can't watch it anymore, it's easy to see the show is being written now, too bad, rednecks do funny shit..
borg
12/25/2013 12:51pm
Have I thanked you for the jar you sent me years ago? (Ivan)

hillbilly
12/26/2013 11:01am
Ivan,Ive thoght about you ever time i log on,

I fear asking about OG,s because we are OG ,s ,now i know you are ok,realitivly

Now,the 1st season was real,i could tell by the way tim and tickle acted,scared is unhidden.

The other 2 guys that made the rye and make it sour mash without adding sugar.

Now those 2 have this fatass lance that just well,afatass fuck,and they drag a bunch of barrels and a still as big as a hotub up
a mt road,hell,i could hide better in my flower bed than that. Beverlyhillbillies reference back there.

Yes,they have sold out,shoulda got me,I'm tru to the ways and have total distrust in all law enforcement with their
bur haircut and vigilantism approach.

I'm at this moment sipping hard on a jar at 2pm because a day after xmas what else could be done?no kids around,they at mamaws,just me and the dogs and likker.

I will reframe from posting wasted
bartoner
12/26/2013 11:09am
i have always wanted to try some real moonshine....ive tried the stuff they sell in the stores here that advertise as "moonshine"....but i would like to taste the real deal as a comparison...

The Shop

reded
12/26/2013 12:06pm
bartoner wrote:
i have always wanted to try some real moonshine....ive tried the stuff they sell in the stores here that advertise as "moonshine"....but i would like to...
i have always wanted to try some real moonshine....ive tried the stuff they sell in the stores here that advertise as "moonshine"....but i would like to taste the real deal as a comparison...
Save yourself some time and money by taking a swig of rubbing alcohol. Moonshine is awful tasting shit.
Mr. G
12/26/2013 12:20pm
I have never tried it but I had a girlfriend once that told me as soon as she took a swig she started sweating! That has got to be a good sign.
12/26/2013 12:55pm
bartoner wrote:
i have always wanted to try some real moonshine....ive tried the stuff they sell in the stores here that advertise as "moonshine"....but i would like to...
There is plenty around here to be had. How did I know it was real? I know the guy up in Georgia that makes it. He does very well. I'm not a big vodka drinker, but Bob's tastes a bit like vodka smells, but it was sweeter and quite good.
hillbilly
12/26/2013 1:15pm
Let me gather up my thoughts and i will clear up some shit that is false,brb hehe
12/26/2013 1:35pm
bartoner wrote:
reded wrote:
Save yourself some time and money by taking a swig of rubbing alcohol. Moonshine is awful tasting shit.
that's no shit. I tasted some over Thanksgiving, the real deal. You know what rubbing alcohol smells like? That is what this taste like. I took a tablespoon full of it and thought my insides where on fire. Why would anybody want to drink that with the variety of alcoholic drinks out there.
hillbilly
12/26/2013 1:45pm
Ok.

Moonshine is made with corn. Distilled whiskey,legal ones,have to use 51% corn,why? I do not know.

Jd jim beam,51 corn,but made sour mash way. Sour mash means NO SUGAR ADDED,just corn

You take half your corn,dried,and mill it into a very corse flower,the other half is sprouted with water on a canvas like
We used to cover tobaccky plant patches.

This sprouted is ground like thru a meat grinder. The 2 are mixed in a barrel and ,in my case spring water added.

There is yeast in the sp routed,sugar in the ground,this makes the 6% to 8 % beer mash.

If you add sugar and yeast the percent is much higher which will YEILD more 100 % or 200 proff likker(licquor)
out of 1 barrel of mash.

It is simple,corn and water. Now ,when ole dude wants to sel you some of his shine just to buy some shaky puddin
Like on the Burt renolds movies of whitelightin and gator,ole dude will sell you piss in a jar for that shaky puddin,
If you are stupid enuff,and the few that posted in this thread are.

You can die from the entrepreneur shine maker. I will tell you how,brb heho,
hillbilly
12/26/2013 2:03pm
Whew,brown likker makes mean jump thru fires,clear makes me stand in it

Moonshine is clear,always fucking always.

If dude is selling you shine with fruit in it or brown that he claims is aged in an old beam barrel WALK AWAY

Friut is used to hide,

Hide low proof,low count in jar as in half jar shine half jar rotten grqpes, which means ole dude done split one(1) jar into 2
remember the entrepreneur?

You will be lucky if you are at home after a pull from a jar of dude,s
Lucky to have a komode and 4 rolls of charim or a phone with 911 on one touch.

We never age

We never add fruit to hide the hideous but bueatiful taste of corn likker.

You will never forget the taste of moonshine,real moonshine. I like mine out of the freezer.

Now, guys may think they are making moon out off these stainless steel stills. They aint.

Copper is needed to takes acids out of the vapor.

Listen up
hillbilly
12/26/2013 2:48pm
Hey we all know how we gonna die baby, we gonna CRASH AND BURN burn burn burn ,lol
Just listened to sick bubblegum, damn,i love youtube and the shit i can listen to

Like 4 walls of reaford ,lynyrd skynrd,which i were i could be same as settin here peckin one finger on a keyboard.

So,maybe i made clear,maybe you still trust ole dude.

If you ever,or never,get jakelegg you will never or ever forget it. Jakejegg is likker poison,
your legs quit,quit walking or talking to your brain.

Ole dude will run the vapor from mash cooking thru a car radiator in a new york minute..
Yes,it is still done today.
Or,the big submarine still like tim uses on the 1st season.
They stick a copperhead on them and claim that takes the acids out. When you wake up (lucky you) and your head
Hurts so bad a handful of lemmon 714 wont soothe the pain you know what acids do.

There is a show on pivot tv,ch 267 on direct,that popcorn sutton does,
The last one or the last one.

Popcorn lived not 30. Miles from me,but i never met him.
He made shine at the end on a internet level,huge fuckin stills.
Selling arou n d the world delivered by ups..

T h a t is where LIKKER comes from,he called it thatand i respect that spelling for him,

I need a little CHEVELLE face to the floor,
Which is where i may be later,heheho
S.Loyer
12/26/2013 3:06pm
bartoner wrote:
reded wrote:
that's no shit. I tasted some over Thanksgiving, the real deal. You know what rubbing alcohol smells like? That is what this taste like. I took...
that's no shit. I tasted some over Thanksgiving, the real deal. You know what rubbing alcohol smells like? That is what this taste like. I took a tablespoon full of it and thought my insides where on fire. Why would anybody want to drink that with the variety of alcoholic drinks out there.
Because 2 shots = 14-16ish beers and on your ass.
Moonshine ain't always bad, I mean its always going to taste like shit but you can get a smooth batch here and ther.e
12/26/2013 3:18pm
No fruit. Clear as water. Had a bite, but still tasty. I detected the sugar and even some spicey notes. However, I am a whiskey drinker. I like good single-malt Scotch whisky, as well as American whiskey.

Hillbilly, in order to be American whiskey, it has to be 51% corn and aged in NEW oak barrels. Scotch whisky (note the spelling difference), it must be made from malted barley and it must be made in SCOTLAND.

In case you don't know, each country has laws stating what is required to call it "bourbon," "scotch," etc. I suspect there are no laws with regards to 'shine.

Shocked
hillbilly
12/26/2013 3:48pm
Yeah playa,home boy,it is a smooth ride in a cheap in a 6 ft hole,

Mine taste like honeydew vine water.

Buy ole dudes piss have ya?

Ive seen it hundreds of times,hundreds..

I've been in mens houses that i knew would could kill me then get outside and punch the air so happy to b e alive,
The most ever alive,lol. Guys that needed no gun or a scarface pile to get across the point that i was their guest.

Moonshine is a taste t hat is aquired like beer,you need a green one to show what a good beer is.

Shine ,made in a copper pot still with a thumper keg with just corn is the high mark

A thump keg is drect downstream of the still head,this is a barrel filled with mash or backins like popcorn calls it.

The thumpkeg can be used to preheat the next still full of mash or be full of a high proof of shine so the vapor perks thru
either,either to preheat and gain proof or pass thru and gain proof.

Either way,the thumpkeg,named for the sound it makes,is used to up the proof.

Then you need a lot of cool water to condense the vapor into liguid.

These guys on the show are using dirty creek water to make the mash.
You want cow piss and shit in your mash?hellfire,it ju s t blows the mind

Good shine straight out the worm makes women crazy,
I could write a book of the places i been where fine women just go nuts after a half dozen pulls on a j a r,

Good times that have been hadcfor hundreds of years I'd say.

Time to shineofff, I rarly drink,but have not forgotten the burn ,the good feeling of burn as the likker goes down.

Always loved the feeling and, now it is dark here,time to get out the 20inch newton telescope and go back in time,

D ance around the fire and lay in the winter grass,drunk,drunk like a goodman.

Maybe some of you will learn to pick your drink,maybe you will like ole dudes piss instead of learning.

May you ride the lightning,the white lightning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
hillbilly
12/26/2013 3:52pm
No fruit. Clear as water. Had a bite, but still tasty. I detected the sugar and even some spicey notes. However, I am a whiskey drinker...
No fruit. Clear as water. Had a bite, but still tasty. I detected the sugar and even some spicey notes. However, I am a whiskey drinker. I like good single-malt Scotch whisky, as well as American whiskey.

Hillbilly, in order to be American whiskey, it has to be 51% corn and aged in NEW oak barrels. Scotch whisky (note the spelling difference), it must be made from malted barley and it must be made in SCOTLAND.

In case you don't know, each country has laws stating what is required to call it "bourbon," "scotch," etc. I suspect there are no laws with regards to 'shine.

Shocked
Scotch whiskey is filtered thru charcole like JD,does not need to be made in scotland

Scotch is nasty to me. I'm to there to post anymore,later.
12/26/2013 4:43pm
hillbilly, sure, anyone can make Scotch, but to be LEGALLY called Scotch, it must be distilled and aged in Scotland. I know of no Scotch filtered through charcoal. Please tell me the brand name.
BUTCH
12/26/2013 4:55pm
I watched the first season.... haven't watched again sense that old timer killed himself!
borg
12/26/2013 6:09pm
hillbilly wrote:
Hey we all know how we gonna die baby, we gonna CRASH AND BURN burn burn burn ,lol Just listened to sick bubblegum, damn,i love youtube...
Hey we all know how we gonna die baby, we gonna CRASH AND BURN burn burn burn ,lol
Just listened to sick bubblegum, damn,i love youtube and the shit i can listen to

Like 4 walls of reaford ,lynyrd skynrd,which i were i could be same as settin here peckin one finger on a keyboard.

So,maybe i made clear,maybe you still trust ole dude.

If you ever,or never,get jakelegg you will never or ever forget it. Jakejegg is likker poison,
your legs quit,quit walking or talking to your brain.

Ole dude will run the vapor from mash cooking thru a car radiator in a new york minute..
Yes,it is still done today.
Or,the big submarine still like tim uses on the 1st season.
They stick a copperhead on them and claim that takes the acids out. When you wake up (lucky you) and your head
Hurts so bad a handful of lemmon 714 wont soothe the pain you know what acids do.

There is a show on pivot tv,ch 267 on direct,that popcorn sutton does,
The last one or the last one.

Popcorn lived not 30. Miles from me,but i never met him.
He made shine at the end on a internet level,huge fuckin stills.
Selling arou n d the world delivered by ups..

T h a t is where LIKKER comes from,he called it thatand i respect that spelling for him,

I need a little CHEVELLE face to the floor,
Which is where i may be later,heheho
Jakelegg? Lol. That was the name of one of the bands I was in. My dad named us. I think I still have a business card.
hillbilly
12/27/2013 11:42am
Back,shooowee,it feels good getti,ng tore down,

Build a big fire,wallow in the diirt,a old friend came by and we did a couple jars and a hogglegg(thats a fat joint)

I have no hangover,pretty good for waking in a lawnchair by a fire in 20degrees,lol,gods antifreeze.

Ivan,nice name,did you ever have jakelegg? I did once in college from rush week,scared me.

I think all the scotch from Scotland is charcoal filtered. That is what Jack Daniels is,scotch whiskey,meaning charcoal
filter,hate it.

I will research this some,i have forgotten more than i know,but,if you have a bottle of jd read it,see if it aint scotch whiskey.

Popcorn Sutton made,the last run and the last one, i see my typo up there.
He was caught and charged with not paying taxes,he was going to do time so he pulled his old ford galaxy
out back of his farm and ran a hose in the window. Another reason to hate the law.

One thing popcorn did in his movie was pour shine into the thump keg.

He called them backins meaning back in. We always used the thumpkeg to preheat the mash that is going into the still
next. The thumpkeg is used to catch puke from the still if you boil to hard and it goes out the head it willnot stop up
the worm, the thumpkeg perks like a coffe pot because the still exits into the bottom and then the vapors continue
to the condenser,or worm,out the top of tbe thumpkeg.

Most of the time that someone is selling a brown shine saying it was aged in a old whiskey barrel it was actually
scorched and will give you a head busting headache.

Around here moonshiners went to growing weed in the 80,s because of a new strain of weed called indica.
It grows far from the equator and is much more potent than sativa.

That is when i started growing indoors and funded my racing from it.

The outdoor guys down around newport and delrio were serious dudes,huge gardens which brought out the DEA
and all their toys,

4 were killed when the heli was shotdown with a shoulder fired missle.

Things changed here then and most went indoors

Now i see what has come from breeding out west and it really is impressive
volcati
12/27/2013 4:11pm
Ha..you nailed it with that show, HB. None of it makes much sense anymore.

I log in every now and then and never saw a post by you--I figured you died. Wish i was kidding. You sent me some of your shine and it was excellent.

That one kid with the pork chop sideburns said he was a pro MXer at one time? He was too young to be you, but I did think of you. Do you know him?

Hope all is well.

Post a reply to: tv show MOONSHINERS

The Latest