tony stewart

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 8/15/2014 8:53am
I've heard 2 version of this,one stewart should go to prison.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/tony-stewart-repo…
|
Old-Man
8/9/2014 10:49pm
Wow, TS is a hot head we know that but to use his car as a weapon is enough to put him behind bars...
Old-Man
8/9/2014 10:57pm
Per Tyler Graves:

"I know Tony could see him. I know how you can see out of these cars. When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin, Kevin was sucked underneath and was stuck under it for a second or two and then it threw him about 50 yards."

The Shop

Old-Man
8/9/2014 11:00pm
the host on fox sports radio just read a tweet where a witness said Wards body lay motionless on the track and that he has indeed passed. the hosts did predicate that he is reading a tweet which has no credible source or witness.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
8/9/2014 11:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 9:10am
Old-Man wrote:
Wow, TS is a hot head we know that but to use his car as a weapon is enough to put him behind bars...
I agree.
I just now saw the video and this will be a tough one to figure out, Stewart will be able to argue he didnt see him and he might not have so I am now thinking its more of a awful accident but you cant go running around on a track when the cars are still circling.
Old-Man
8/9/2014 11:04pm
Be a long pre race tomorrow ..Prayers to his Family
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
8/10/2014 12:38am
RIP to Kevin Ward, but holy moly, what was he thinking getting out of the car and trying to flag him down like that?
8/10/2014 1:08am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 1:09am
Man it looked to me like that dumb ass stepped down into Stewart's line. From the comments by the Nascar fans I'd read I thought Stewart drove all over the track trying to murder the guy. That was clearly an accident and mostly the fault of the fuckhead who was standing in the racing line on the track.
8/10/2014 1:12am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 1:14am
Old-Man wrote:
Therein lies the problem: all the fans assume Stewart is a "hothead", so they see vehicular homicide in that video. I loathe Nascar and can unbiasedly say that it looked like an accident and the fault of the idiot on the track trying to be a tough guy. I'm basing my opinion on the same video everyone else is using to try and hang Stewart with. Stewart's prior behavior is going to guarantee he won't get out of this jam, accident or no.
hillbilly
8/10/2014 4:04am
After seeing the vid it wasnt stewarts fault.

Guy was wearing black,Stewart was right behind that other car.

I doubt he ever saw him.

woodsryder
Fantasy
3295th
8/10/2014 5:29am
hillbilly wrote:

I doubt he ever saw him.

Exactly. Ward contributed to his own death. Any of those cars could have hit Ward since he was walking towards on-coming traffic, it just so happened that it was Stewart that did hit him.

h&m_cycle
8/10/2014 6:09am
Bull shit, Tony Stewart is know for his temper

he looked like he was trying to clip him with the right front, not kill him

I have payed to drive one. you can not see your front tires from seat. his career is ruined, he weaved towards him...
it happens all the time, guy gets out of car then throws helmet @ car.. Tony may do jail time, WATCH THIS, WARNING
GRAPHIC. if you don't like it don't watch it. I think it should be taken down off of utube but it's here to prove a point.
this sucks. this kid has a family.....

h&m_cycle
8/10/2014 6:15am
slow this down to .25 speed, tony is in deep shit...
motoman0
Fantasy
1153rd
8/10/2014 6:38am
I think TS was going to roost him and went a tad early. That being said both at fault but can still see involuntary manslaughter charges.
hillbilly
8/10/2014 6:58am
With the massive stagger they run if he brakes or lets off the throttle the car goes hard right.

Maybe he had a go pro or a car behind had one that will prove one way or the other.
hillbilly
8/10/2014 7:09am
h&m_cycle wrote:
slow this down to .25 speed, tony is in deep shit...
I see the car go right AFTER the car makes contact.

Ward almost gets hit by the white car so at that point he is hidden from cars behind.

When it happened the tweets coming from the scene (my daughter called me,she follows motorsport more than me)were making it out like it was just stewart and ward and that stewart chased him down and ran him over.

Stewar t could have helped himself here by making a statement right then and getting out in front of this.

Or,

He kept quiet because he knew what he did.
hillbilly
8/10/2014 7:21am
Stewart pulled out of Watkins Glen,Reagan smith is in the 14
Bob693
8/10/2014 7:24am
It doesn't look like he meant to hit him to me. I'm not a TS fan but will not say since he's a hot head he had to have meant to do it. The guy was in all black and he had a car in front of him. The car only jumps to the right once he hit him. It's hard to tell which car it was that gassed it from that video but I think it was the car right in front of Tony that hit the throttle right after he passed the guy standing on the track.
500guy
8/10/2014 7:32am
Man it looked to me like that dumb ass stepped down into Stewart's line. From the comments by the Nascar fans I'd read I thought Stewart...
Man it looked to me like that dumb ass stepped down into Stewart's line. From the comments by the Nascar fans I'd read I thought Stewart drove all over the track trying to murder the guy. That was clearly an accident and mostly the fault of the fuckhead who was standing in the racing line on the track.
I agree the News is sensationalizing this deal. I have no idea what happened but the News is making it sound like he went after the guy.
h&m_cycle
8/10/2014 7:34am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2014 7:49am
I'm a Tony fan, I love sprint car racing as much as moto... I was @ eldora a shit load of times. Tony bought Eldora track & did
wonders for it off of Earl Baltes.

that would be correct, with the stagger, I just don't like that tug he did to the right. with the stagger these cars don't handle
worth a shit going slow.

they have one gear, no clutch as most of you would know that. I say under yellow they were going about 40 mph.

that tracks LOOKS slightly banked on the straight, that means if Tony let go of the steering wheel the car would go left on its own
@ 40 mph.

anyway you look @ it, lives are ruined. Tony is not racing today. At least I can talk to you guys, cause you all know how things work. because of the stagger, you have to put pressure slightly turning the wheel right just to go straight. this ruined my day
& I feel like a jackass for putting this shit on here.

What really hurts is if the guy would of flipped in this, he would still be alive, red flag just like when they don't get up in moto. he had to get out of the car (could catch fire), he should of kept his ass up by that guardrail & took it up with Tony later. woulda, shoulda, coulda
8/10/2014 8:11am
I don't know anything about car racing, but all I saw was a guy wearing black walking towards cars then get hit by one. Could Stewart have avoided hitting him? Maybe, but there is know way to prove that. Maybe it will ruin his career with sponsors but I don't see how he could get convicted of anything.
h&m_cycle
8/10/2014 8:16am
I don't know anything about car racing, but all I saw was a guy wearing black walking towards cars then get hit by one. Could Stewart...
I don't know anything about car racing, but all I saw was a guy wearing black walking towards cars then get hit by one. Could Stewart have avoided hitting him? Maybe, but there is know way to prove that. Maybe it will ruin his career with sponsors but I don't see how he could get convicted of anything.
thinking you are right without more footage. someone died & Tony is fucked.
APLMAN99
8/10/2014 8:22am
hillbilly wrote:

I doubt he ever saw him.

So when you said he should go to prison, you had him convicted without knowing jack shit about it? Sounds legit......

This is definitely a tragedy. Stewart isn't going to get much benefit of the doubt from those that already don't like him but it doesn't take much effort to realize that the visibility probably contributed greatly to this ending this way. The 45 car nearly clipped the kid, most likely shielding him from being seen by the cars behind at the same time. Add to that some dirt on your face shield, some glare from the lights, and the dark race suit and helmet and you have a pretty bad situation all the way around.
Ebs
8/10/2014 8:43am
I'm only watching on the phone, but it looked as if the white car nearly hits him as well and that he had to alter his line.
8/10/2014 8:59am
Poor judgment . Never step out onto a "hot" race track of any kind, even under caution. I recall the days in the 60's at one local track here, before the flag stand was put in for the starter. It was my old boss doing the race flagging at the start / finish line at Golden Gate speedway.

A car came out of line during a caution, clipped him, and injured him severely .

Stay in the car as a driver, and off the track as any type of crew /worker until conditions have stabilized.
8/10/2014 9:19am
"Nobody, not fans, spectators, or media knows what happened. Only Tony knows" -Kasey Kahne
Old-Man
8/10/2014 9:36am
TripleFive wrote:
"Nobody, not fans, spectators, or media knows what happened. Only Tony knows" -Kasey Kahne
I agree with this...Only Tony knows what happened. As emotional a person Tony is I hope someone is keeping an eye on him.

borg
8/10/2014 9:50am
Don't know much about this type of racing but it looked like the rear end spun away from the kid like it was an attempt at an evasive action.

Post a reply to: tony stewart

The Latest