this stuff I don't understand

hillbilly
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-pursuit-leads-fiery-crash-kil…

They got his name,know him,can get him later. Probably would bond out in a day if arrested at the store.

And the reason the cop chased is he pulled out of the parking lot at 40mph without looking. Jezzz
|
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
11/26/2016 10:23am
hillbilly wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-pursuit-leads-fiery-crash-kills-injures-43765801?yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp They got his name,know him,can get him later. Probably would bond out in a day if arrested at the store. And the reason the cop...
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-pursuit-leads-fiery-crash-kil…

They got his name,know him,can get him later. Probably would bond out in a day if arrested at the store.

And the reason the cop chased is he pulled out of the parking lot at 40mph without looking. Jezzz
X2.
scooter5002
11/26/2016 11:02am
It starts out as a chase, and then just gets completely out of control. The cops had the option of calling it off, but the perp may not even notice, and still carry on. Not a good scenario, and while it's horrible for the family of the deceased, it comes down to the douche making better choices. He also should have known they had his info, and a chase was pointless. People are just so stupid at times, but at least this clown won't be a chronic offender.
11/26/2016 11:50am
I'll probably get grief for saying this, as I always do...
Cops don't get enough training, and evaluation. Thats it. Period. They don't.
These are the people we have protecting us. There needs to be more involved.
My mom was a cop. I know what training is involved, and it isn't enough.
Yes, the driver has been making mistakes left and right, but from what it sounds like, non violent crimes. Let him go, and catch him later. No point in endangering innocent bystanders.
I hope they throw the book at that sob.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
11/26/2016 11:51am
I'll probably get grief for saying this, as I always do... Cops don't get enough training, and evaluation. Thats it. Period. They don't. These are the...
Yes, the driver has been making mistakes left and right, but from what it sounds like, non violent crimes. Let him go, and catch him later. No point in endangering innocent bystanders.
X2

The Shop

mxb2
11/26/2016 12:47pm
I'll probably get grief for saying this, as I always do... Cops don't get enough training, and evaluation. Thats it. Period. They don't. These are the...
Different departments get different training,small depts don't have the budget or grants like bigger ones do. The police are trained well but of course could always use more. Bottom line,dont to stupid shit to have police contact or you will be dealt with.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
11/26/2016 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 11/26/2016 1:16pm
mxb2 wrote:
Different departments get different training,small depts don't have the budget or grants like bigger ones do. The police are trained well but of course could always...
Different departments get different training,small depts don't have the budget or grants like bigger ones do. The police are trained well but of course could always use more. Bottom line,dont to stupid shit to have police contact or you will be dealt with.
Innocent bystanders didn't do stupid shit and they were dealt with.

"Bottom line,dont to stupid shit to have police contact or you will be dealt with", that attitude says it all.

mxb2
11/26/2016 1:26pm
mxb2 wrote:
Different departments get different training,small depts don't have the budget or grants like bigger ones do. The police are trained well but of course could always...
kzizok wrote:
Innocent bystanders didn't do stupid shit and they were dealt with. "Bottom line,dont to stupid shit to have police contact or you will be dealt with"...
Innocent bystanders didn't do stupid shit and they were dealt with.

"Bottom line,dont to stupid shit to have police contact or you will be dealt with", that attitude says it all.

I meant as people doing crimes.
hillbilly
11/26/2016 1:30pm
If i take off I'm going to check if they are on me,if they aren't then I'd slow so to not blow by another cop and get the scenario started again.

If the guy had fired a gun or just strong armed a store maybe chase him but the jail here is a revolving door. You'll see a person arrested one day,2 days later popped again.

mxb2
11/26/2016 1:36pm
hillbilly wrote:
If i take off I'm going to check if they are on me,if they aren't then I'd slow so to not blow by another cop and...
If i take off I'm going to check if they are on me,if they aren't then I'd slow so to not blow by another cop and get the scenario started again.

If the guy had fired a gun or just strong armed a store maybe chase him but the jail here is a revolving door. You'll see a person arrested one day,2 days later popped again.

That's why criminals flee, no fear in police or courts. If they actually did jail time,it would not happen. But then the cry babies would say he is just misunderstood, he needs counseling,
11/26/2016 2:28pm
hillbilly wrote:
If i take off I'm going to check if they are on me,if they aren't then I'd slow so to not blow by another cop and...

mxb2 wrote:
That's why criminals flee, no fear in police or courts. If they actually did jail time,it would not happen. But then the cry babies would say...
That's why criminals flee, no fear in police or courts. If they actually did jail time,it would not happen. But then the cry babies would say he is just misunderstood, he needs counseling,
They wouldn't flee if they were afraid of jail?
Really.
I'd love to live in this world you envision.
mxb2
11/26/2016 2:37pm
hillbilly wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
That's why criminals flee, no fear in police or courts. If they actually did jail time,it would not happen. But then the cry babies would say...
They wouldn't flee if they were afraid of jail?
Really.
I'd love to live in this world you envision.
I live in the real world, there is no fear factor. Why stop for police if you know that they won't chase you or you won't go to jail. , Try that in another country.
APLMAN99
11/26/2016 2:47pm
The police may or may not have had this guy's address. He was wanted on a parole violation, there's certainly no guarantee that someone like that is going to have a stable address.

This is a tragedy, for sure, but from the small amount of info in the article, it's hard to rationally shift blame from the man fleeing to the police.
11/26/2016 2:48pm
We don't send people to prioson?
Explain why we have the most prisoners per capita than any other country.
We have people getting popped with Marijuana possesion who do more time than child molesters. It has nothing to do with lack of fear. It's a severely broken system that's privately owned and it's all about money. It will continue to not make any sense until that's changed.
11/26/2016 2:50pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
The police may or may not have had this guy's address. He was wanted on a parole violation, there's certainly no guarantee that someone like that...
The police may or may not have had this guy's address. He was wanted on a parole violation, there's certainly no guarantee that someone like that is going to have a stable address.

This is a tragedy, for sure, but from the small amount of info in the article, it's hard to rationally shift blame from the man fleeing to the police.
I don't think anyone is shifting blame. It's just very sad that the officer took the chase to that extent over a parole violation for a drug charge, and it killed a family.
APLMAN99
11/26/2016 2:55pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
The police may or may not have had this guy's address. He was wanted on a parole violation, there's certainly no guarantee that someone like that...

I don't think anyone is shifting blame. It's just very sad that the officer took the chase to that extent over a parole violation for a...
I don't think anyone is shifting blame. It's just very sad that the officer took the chase to that extent over a parole violation for a drug charge, and it killed a family.
That's textbook shifting the blame.

The guy running (away from already being stopped) is the one who took the chase to that extent, not the officer.

The officer's responsibility is to drive within their own abilities in this sort of situation. If the officer had struck and killed an innocent bystander during this chase, then I'd firmly be behind punishing them appropriately. But that's not the case here.
mxb2
11/26/2016 2:56pm
We don't send people to prioson? Explain why we have the most prisoners per capita than any other country. We have people getting popped with Marijuana...
We have people getting popped with Marijuana possesion who do more time than child molesters. It has nothing to do with lack of fear. It's a severely broken system that's privately owned and it's all about money. It will continue to not make any sense until that's changed.
And if you do a crime,do the time, drugs,theft,robbery rape,murder. Etc. I guarantee a person that flees from police,its not their first time. They didnt learn their lesson,never will. They dont care about laws,courts,society. Just think if this driver was still in prison,this wdnt have happened. Money or not,if they need more prisons,make them.
11/26/2016 3:08pm
Makes sense... May as well just start shooting at perpetrators even if people are around. It's all the perps fault anyway so who cares about collateral damage.
JW381
11/26/2016 3:39pm
We don't send people to prioson? Explain why we have the most prisoners per capita than any other country. We have people getting popped with Marijuana...
mxb2 wrote:
And if you do a crime,do the time, drugs,theft,robbery rape,murder. Etc. I guarantee a person that flees from police,its not their first time. They didnt learn...
And if you do a crime,do the time, drugs,theft,robbery rape,murder. Etc. I guarantee a person that flees from police,its not their first time. They didnt learn their lesson,never will. They dont care about laws,courts,society. Just think if this driver was still in prison,this wdnt have happened. Money or not,if they need more prisons,make them.
Where did you study at? You sure seem to know a lot. Can you provide some of the info you're referencing? Surely you're not just speaking in unenlightened generalizations that are completely baseless.
mxb2
11/26/2016 4:12pm
mxb2 wrote:
And if you do a crime,do the time, drugs,theft,robbery rape,murder. Etc. I guarantee a person that flees from police,its not their first time. They didnt learn...
JW381 wrote:
Where did you study at? You sure seem to know a lot. Can you provide some of the info you're referencing? Surely you're not just speaking...
Where did you study at? You sure seem to know a lot. Can you provide some of the info you're referencing? Surely you're not just speaking in unenlightened generalizations that are completely baseless.
Where did you get your training and criminal degree at? I am talking in general. Dont want arrested,dont do crimes. Simple. And that goes for the drug addicts,who Rob,and break in cars,houses etc.
SCR
11/26/2016 4:30pm
I'm not a cop but it's not hard to see they have to make real life and death decisions ( including lives of bystanders and their own lives) in real time based on the info they have at that moment and they have to make an immediate decision of what action to take and do it. Pretty heavy stuff. They dont have the luxury of deciding what the right decision is later on in hindsight.
I don't know if more training was required here and likely no one else does either. As far as I can see we hold police pretty accountable for their decisions not perfectly but if you consider the total interactions that happen it's not as horrible record as it seems to be made out to be.

If we start trying to hold police accountable for the actions and decisions and harm caused by lawbreakers, then were going to end up with police observing and documenting crime not trying to stop it.
11/26/2016 5:03pm
mxb2 wrote:
Makes no sense though? Why flee so hard if the punishment is so lenient?
mxb2
11/26/2016 5:06pm
mxb2 wrote:
Makes no sense though? Why flee so hard if the punishment is so lenient?
My bad,. I meant make them accountable, you flee, go to prison, repeat offenders longer, Sooner or later they will stop or die in prison. Their choice
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
11/26/2016 5:11pm
SCR, you make good points. However, in this scenario, a high speed chase had a lot more to lose than it stood to gain. As a matter of fact, that would be true for the majority of them.
11/26/2016 5:13pm
mxb2 wrote:
My bad,. I meant make them accountable, you flee, go to prison, repeat offenders longer, Sooner or later they will stop or die in prison. Their...
My bad,. I meant make them accountable, you flee, go to prison, repeat offenders longer, Sooner or later they will stop or die in prison. Their choice
The US has the world highest incarceration rate.....surely thats making them accountable?
mxb2
11/26/2016 5:15pm
mxb2 wrote:
My bad,. I meant make them accountable, you flee, go to prison, repeat offenders longer, Sooner or later they will stop or die in prison. Their...
The US has the world highest incarceration rate.....surely thats making them accountable?
Yep, if they need to add more, so be it.
JW381
11/26/2016 6:00pm
mxb2 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
That's your opinion, some of us would rather not live in the largest prison state in the western world.
APLMAN99
11/26/2016 6:14pm
Based on the stance of the police officer in this thread, I think we can figure out why there is such distrust from so many.

It doesn't sound like protect and serve, but rather to command and dominate........

Obviously if we never let people out of prisons, there aren't going to be too many repeat offenders. But lifetime sentences for every crime? Really?
mxb2
11/26/2016 8:39pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Based on the stance of the police officer in this thread, I think we can figure out why there is such distrust from so many. It...
Based on the stance of the police officer in this thread, I think we can figure out why there is such distrust from so many.

It doesn't sound like protect and serve, but rather to command and dominate........

Obviously if we never let people out of prisons, there aren't going to be too many repeat offenders. But lifetime sentences for every crime? Really?
I did not say every crime, pretty sure every criminal knows what can happen if they are caught and what the penalty is. Do your time,get out, do again stay longer. Do a serious crime stay in even longer ,get it?
mxb2
11/26/2016 8:41pm
mxb2 wrote:
JW381 wrote:
That's your opinion, some of us would rather not live in the largest prison state in the western world.
Yep, and you gave an opinion like me. Everyone is free to leave and live where they want.
lestat
11/26/2016 8:49pm
mxb2 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
So double down on a failing strategy ? Brilliant .

Post a reply to: this stuff I don't understand

The Latest