state of emergency in tennessee

hillbilly
Mr Patel told me last night at the "stop &go" while he was raising a number two up on his gas sign.

Some pipeline that carries gas.

I told him what's in the tank is still in the tank and didn't cost him 40 cents more.

Our governor owns flyingJ and pilot so he did an executive order for truckers to drive 24/7 and haul fuel.

I am headed out to k mart to get some KY jelly for the screwing I'm fixin' to get.
|
9/17/2016 5:18am
hillbilly wrote:
Mr Patel told me last night at the "stop &go" while he was raising a number two up on his gas sign. Some pipeline that carries...
Mr Patel told me last night at the "stop &go" while he was raising a number two up on his gas sign.

I told him what's in the tank is still in the tank and didn't cost him 40 cents more.

Our governor owns flyingJ and pilot so he did an executive order for truckers to drive 24/7 and haul fuel.

I am headed out to k mart to get some KY jelly for the screwing I'm fixin' to get.
That Kentucky jelly sure is good on biscuits!
MR. X
9/17/2016 6:31am
hillbilly wrote:
Mr Patel told me last night at the "stop &go" while he was raising a number two up on his gas sign. Some pipeline that carries...

I never understood that either ,the employees are tripping over each other to get outside and raise the prices ,when it's time to lower them,they take their sweet ol time.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
9/17/2016 6:47am
Was there any reason why he was raising the price?
scooter5002
9/17/2016 7:14am
Huh. Here I figured you were out of moonshine. This isn't quite as serious, it seems.

Actually, it's the governor's brother that owns the Pilot Corp., but he's no less of a slimebag. Ever since Pilot got caught stealing rebates to their fleet customers, they have lead the charge in high diesel prices. Stole MILLIONS from carriers, then get fined millions. Gee, wonder who is going to pay that. Thanks, USDOJ. You just fucked us all.

On a lighter note, the guvnah' is going to let the fuel hauling cowboys run wild, ignoring the federal hours of service, while hauling explosive cargo in a tanker. All so people can go away for the weekend. No real issue here, is there? Blink

The Shop

mattmatt300
9/17/2016 7:27am
There was a pipeline leak in Alabama that disrupted supply for several days here in Georgia. I'm guessing that's the problem for Tennessee too.
500guy
9/17/2016 7:40am
There was a pipeline leak in Alabama that disrupted supply for several days here in Georgia. I'm guessing that's the problem for Tennessee too.
Every time there is a need to make a huge profit, magically there is a pipe line or refinery issue.
mattmatt300
9/17/2016 7:51am
500guy wrote:
Every time there is a need to make a huge profit, magically there is a pipe line or refinery issue.
No denying that. I am in favor of higher gas prices so I'm not complaining.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/16/investing/gasoline-prices-shortage-pipe…
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
9/17/2016 8:30am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2016 8:33am
No denying that. I am in favor of higher gas prices so I'm not complaining.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/16/investing/gasoline-prices-shortage-pipe…
Being in favor of high gas prices is completely meaningless...funny when people say that....Its like telling someone youre in favor of higher condom prices..Pinch

Ultimately one should be in favor of a bit higher oil price- that will overal help the economy..
mattmatt300
9/17/2016 9:34am
Brad460 wrote:
Being in favor of high gas prices is completely meaningless...funny when people say that....Its like telling someone youre in favor of higher condom prices..:pinch: Ultimately one...
Being in favor of high gas prices is completely meaningless...funny when people say that....Its like telling someone youre in favor of higher condom prices..Pinch

Ultimately one should be in favor of a bit higher oil price- that will overal help the economy..
To clarify I'm hoping that one follows the other. $3 gas and $70 oil would be great.
hillbilly
9/17/2016 10:21am
Brad460 wrote:
Being in favor of high gas prices is completely meaningless...funny when people say that....Its like telling someone youre in favor of higher condom prices..:pinch: Ultimately one...

To clarify I'm hoping that one follows the other. $3 gas and $70 oil would be great.
Uh,you want higher gas prices? Go buy hitlery a medi bracelet for when she can't get up,I'm sure she will help out on your wish.
hillbilly
9/17/2016 10:23am
Huh. Here I figured you were out of moonshine. This isn't quite as serious, it seems. Actually, it's the governor's brother that owns the Pilot Corp...
Huh. Here I figured you were out of moonshine. This isn't quite as serious, it seems.

Actually, it's the governor's brother that owns the Pilot Corp., but he's no less of a slimebag. Ever since Pilot got caught stealing rebates to their fleet customers, they have lead the charge in high diesel prices. Stole MILLIONS from carriers, then get fined millions. Gee, wonder who is going to pay that. Thanks, USDOJ. You just fucked us all.

On a lighter note, the guvnah' is going to let the fuel hauling cowboys run wild, ignoring the federal hours of service, while hauling explosive cargo in a tanker. All so people can go away for the weekend. No real issue here, is there? Blink
Not out but the drought has killed my corn. Worst drought I can recall.
mattmatt300
9/17/2016 11:03am
hillbilly wrote:
Uh,you want higher gas prices? Go buy hitlery a medi bracelet for when she can't get up,I'm sure she will help out on your wish.
I want higher oil prices. No way around higher gas prices for that to happen.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
9/17/2016 11:28am
Huh. Here I figured you were out of moonshine. This isn't quite as serious, it seems. Actually, it's the governor's brother that owns the Pilot Corp...

hillbilly wrote:
Not out but the drought has killed my corn. Worst drought I can recall.
Several thousand acres around where I live the corn didn't make it this year. Most won't bother running the combine.

I worry about feed prices next year. Paid 1.83 for regular in Sevierville this morning - seems cheaper then the last time. Asking a truck driving to drive longer then the legal limit is beyond fucked up. Don't need on of these drivers making a mistake and killing his self and other people plus hauling fuel. I watched a truck driver get out of his truck at the fuel lane today, walk in and got a drink and hot dog then fell asleep setting up in the chair. Swift at it again. Yes I did hang around, and watch him slowly drive right back off and hit I 75.
The Rock
9/17/2016 11:32am
500guy wrote:
Well said Jay.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why I was paying 4.95 a gallon for diesel in 2008. Economy was in a speed wobble to begin with so let's make sure these poor saps who a struggling to meet their mortgages (that they never should have been given) cannot make their mortgage payments.

The move the Big Short is excellent but don't watch it if you're in a bad mood. Christian Bale delivers another chameleon performance akin to his American Hustle performance.
9/17/2016 1:34pm
hillbilly wrote:

Didn't know the owner of the Cleveland Browns was also a governor....
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
9/17/2016 1:43pm
The Rock wrote:
Well said Jay. I'm still waiting for someone to explain why I was paying 4.95 a gallon for diesel in 2008. Economy was in a speed...
Well said Jay.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why I was paying 4.95 a gallon for diesel in 2008. Economy was in a speed wobble to begin with so let's make sure these poor saps who a struggling to meet their mortgages (that they never should have been given) cannot make their mortgage payments.

The move the Big Short is excellent but don't watch it if you're in a bad mood. Christian Bale delivers another chameleon performance akin to his American Hustle performance.
Oil companies pissed Obama was elected. Notice how gas prices dropped drastically right before the election?
IWreckALot
9/17/2016 2:37pm
The Rock wrote:
Well said Jay. I'm still waiting for someone to explain why I was paying 4.95 a gallon for diesel in 2008. Economy was in a speed...
Well said Jay.

colintrax wrote:
Oil companies pissed Obama was elected. Notice how gas prices dropped drastically right before the election?
Don't gas prices typically drop before an election no matter who's president? It's either natural with a slightly unsteady economy on election years, or the sitting president does something to push prices down to help the next candidate. Either way, it seems like gas always goes down around election time.
Beast666
9/17/2016 2:49pm
Same thing happened in Phoenix about 15 years ago. Gas was 4 dollars a gallon if you could find a station that had any to sell. Lasted about 2 weeks before everything got back to normal.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
9/17/2016 3:22pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Don't gas prices typically drop before an election no matter who's president? It's either natural with a slightly unsteady economy on election years, or the sitting...
Don't gas prices typically drop before an election no matter who's president? It's either natural with a slightly unsteady economy on election years, or the sitting president does something to push prices down to help the next candidate. Either way, it seems like gas always goes down around election time.
My assumption is its to keep people from thinking about gas prices when they go to vote.
9/17/2016 3:26pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Don't gas prices typically drop before an election no matter who's president? It's either natural with a slightly unsteady economy on election years, or the sitting...
colintrax wrote:
My assumption is its to keep people from thinking about gas prices when they go to vote.
Yea. Come January I bet we spoke 89 cents or more on average. Not sure though.
rucka356
9/18/2016 7:17am
hillbilly wrote:

Pretty sure it's his dad that owns the Browns. I could be wrong. Gas went up about 10 cents here in knoxville, pilots headquarters. I always thought their corporate office would be a good place to work. No money like oil money right? Of course then I found out they don't pay crap hardly unless your higher up. They also contributed a lot of money to the university of TN, helped build a new business college building (Haslam business school). They also have a lot of influence in regards to athletics....
SEE ARE125
9/18/2016 11:43am
hillbilly wrote:

Bill is the governor. His brother Jimmy is the CEO of Pilot and owner of the Browns. Their father founded Pilot, so although Jimmy is the CEO, I would assume Bill still has some ownership interest in the company. Bill seems ok, Jimmy kinda seems like a snake, although I don't know either one.
rallendude
9/19/2016 8:19am
It's because there is a major artery gas pipeline here in Central Alabama, just south of Birmingham they discovered a leak in last week late. Initial estimates were they lost about 300,000 gallons of gasoline. You'll see gas prices spike all over the east and southeast over the next week or two.

The problem is, 300,000 gallons is probably a day's use for any major city. That's ONE major city. So it's not like this is a major shortage. But the gasoline folks will take advantage of any situation that will allow them to gouge you. They are already constructing a bypass to get things back to normal.

Post a reply to: state of emergency in tennessee

The Latest