shooting at DC navy yard

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 7/2/2015 2:15pm
going on now.
|
hillbilly
7/2/2015 5:40am
same building as 13, 12 died that day I think.
newmann
7/2/2015 6:19am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2015 6:21am
Gun free zone, nothing to see. Move along now.

Seriously though, hoping only the bad guys get exterminated.
newmann
7/2/2015 6:27am
False alarm? Practice run for the 4th? School kid chewed pop tart wrong? Media is hungry for blood.

The Shop

Shiftfaced
7/2/2015 7:20am
newmann wrote:

Thank you, newmann.

I appreciate you bringing this point up at every opportunity to do so.

Much like a sign along a highway stating what the speed limit is, that sign does absolutely nothing from stopping you from exceeding it.

Both signs are put up in hopes of voluntary compliance, and threat of consequence of not abiding by it.

IMO, even though this event seems to be a false alarm, your continued diligence to show that threat of consequence is no deterrence is an important piece of the puzzle.

Again, thank you.
newmann
7/2/2015 7:52am
newmann wrote:

Shiftfaced wrote:
Thank you, newmann. I appreciate you bringing this point up at every opportunity to do so. Much like a sign along a highway stating what the...
Thank you, newmann.

Much like a sign along a highway stating what the speed limit is, that sign does absolutely nothing from stopping you from exceeding it.

Both signs are put up in hopes of voluntary compliance, and threat of consequence of not abiding by it.

IMO, even though this event seems to be a false alarm, your continued diligence to show that threat of consequence is no deterrence is an important piece of the puzzle.

Again, thank you.
What is a shame though is a shelter in place order issued on a military establishment. Nidal Hassan ring a bell.
7/2/2015 8:23am
newmann wrote:

Gotta love those gun free zones. Basically like a invitation for crazy people to rack up the body count
71Fish
7/2/2015 8:27am
newmann wrote:

Shiftfaced wrote:
Thank you, newmann. I appreciate you bringing this point up at every opportunity to do so. Much like a sign along a highway stating what the...
Thank you, newmann.

Again, thank you.
newmann wrote:
What is a shame though is a shelter in place order issued on a military establishment. Nidal Hassan ring a bell.
That was a processing line, not a shelter in place situation.

Shelter in place and active shooter call for different reactions, but can easily be confused.

SIP is a designated location, like a specific room or office somewhere in your building, hopefully close. For an active shooter, you shut/lock your door where you are and don't open it until the cops tell you it's ok to move.

I agree, gun free zones are stupid and leave law abiding citizens defenseless.
7/2/2015 2:15pm
Y'all know the law was over-turned, right? Guns are legal in DC now. They were trying to mess it up by not processing applications, but they had to stop doing that. They do still have a restrictive law about conceal and carry, which requires that you be under some kind of threat. Which is stupid.

Post a reply to: shooting at DC navy yard

The Latest