planning a big vacation roadtrip

davis224
Fantasy
182nd
12/22/2011 5:40am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 6:26pm
Driving out to Seattle, driving down the coast through the redwoods all the way down to san diego, then if we have time, backtrack a little bit and go up through Yosemite to Lake Tahoe, then back home. If I had a few extra days and some spare cash, I'd also take a little moto vaca in so cal Cool Can't wait to go, but not leaving til the end of may.
|
flarider
12/22/2011 5:42am
Are you asking a question?
I'm confused
MotoChief
12/22/2011 5:46am
Try going up I15 on the way home and hit Zion national park. you will love it.
MotoChief
12/22/2011 5:46am
Not to mention Vegas baby, Vegas.
Racer92
12/22/2011 6:40am Edited Date/Time 12/22/2011 6:41am

The Shop

12/22/2011 6:51am
Racer92 wrote:
[img]http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/09/family-truckster-vacation.jpg[/img]
Har good one Racer92,,

Sounds good davis224, ive always wanted to drive all the way down the Pacific Coast highway, ive been on parts of it in Norcal
TX24
12/22/2011 7:45am
Zion NP, Bryce Canyon and Capital Reef NP are great places. The road from Bryce Canyon to Capital Reef is amazing. Rated one of the best roads in the country.
mxer146
12/22/2011 4:17pm
I would definitely take the way through Yosemite up to Tahoe on the way home. Some of the best views you will see in the country.
jmar
12/22/2011 4:32pm
davis224 wrote:
Driving out to Seattle, driving down the coast through the redwoods all the way down to san diego, then if we have time, backtrack a little...
Driving out to Seattle, driving down the coast through the redwoods all the way down to san diego, then if we have time, backtrack a little bit and go up through Yosemite to Lake Tahoe, then back home. If I had a few extra days and some spare cash, I'd also take a little moto vaca in so cal Cool Can't wait to go, but not leaving til the end of may.
Sounds like a great trip.

Enjoy.
Hut
12/22/2011 5:35pm
Have a good trip and be sure not to end up like Clark up there. Cool
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
12/23/2011 5:20am
flarider wrote:
Are you asking a question?
I'm confused
Nope, just sharing and making small talk in the off season. I guess a good question would be any must see places in between Seattle and San Diego?
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
1077th
12/23/2011 7:00pm
davis224 wrote:
Nope, just sharing and making small talk in the off season. I guess a good question would be any must see places in between Seattle and...
Nope, just sharing and making small talk in the off season. I guess a good question would be any must see places in between Seattle and San Diego?
Nope, can't honestly say anything on the west coast is worth seeing, now if there is a pro moto going on during your trip then that might be worth looking into but as far as a vacation plan? west coast suxs but don't take it from me, take the trip and try and manage your temper for your families sake.

P.S be safe and try to have fun (fake that smile for your families sake) it's fun to look foreword to a vacation.

"FUCK-YEAH!"
Spahnzuki
12/23/2011 7:13pm
davis224 wrote:
Nope, just sharing and making small talk in the off season. I guess a good question would be any must see places in between Seattle and...
Nope, can't honestly say anything on the west coast is worth seeing, now if there is a pro moto going on during your trip then that...
Nope, can't honestly say anything on the west coast is worth seeing, now if there is a pro moto going on during your trip then that might be worth looking into but as far as a vacation plan? west coast suxs but don't take it from me, take the trip and try and manage your temper for your families sake.

P.S be safe and try to have fun (fake that smile for your families sake) it's fun to look foreword to a vacation.

"FUCK-YEAH!"
And you know nothing on the west coast is worth seeing how? Have you ever driven the coast of CA? I have many times, including the PCH, Yosemite, the Redwoods and more...some amazing scenery. Seattle is quite nice too...And my neck of the woods here in San Diego aint too shabby.....I'm sure Just Down The Street is picture perfect....

Oh yeah...it's going to be 74 and sunny here tomorrow....
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
12/24/2011 5:49am
Lake Tahoe is the most beautiful place I've ever seen in person, I've heard Yosemite is even better, I've always wanted to see the Redwoods, my girlfriend has always dreamed of living in Seattle (but visiting might have to suffice), I'm sure Reyes Point is going to be a sight, and her brand new bouncing baby nephew is in San Diego. Sounds worth it to me Smile
TX24
12/24/2011 9:30am
If you plan to spend the night at one of Yosemites lodges, book early. They fill up fast. I wouldn't pass it up. They also have like structured tents there that the kids would probably think was fun.
Spahnzuki
12/24/2011 9:26pm Edited Date/Time 12/24/2011 9:27pm
davis224 wrote:
Lake Tahoe is the most beautiful place I've ever seen in person, I've heard Yosemite is even better, I've always wanted to see the Redwoods, my...
Lake Tahoe is the most beautiful place I've ever seen in person, I've heard Yosemite is even better, I've always wanted to see the Redwoods, my girlfriend has always dreamed of living in Seattle (but visiting might have to suffice), I'm sure Reyes Point is going to be a sight, and her brand new bouncing baby nephew is in San Diego. Sounds worth it to me Smile
Point Reyes is very cool...I think just south are the elephant seals. Hurst Castle is worth a stop if you have time...

Merry Christmas!! Safe Travels!

And for the record, it was 76 here today.
MXR
12/25/2011 1:24pm
davis224 wrote:
Driving out to Seattle, driving down the coast through the redwoods all the way down to san diego, then if we have time, backtrack a little...
When driving out to Seattle be sure to go over the North Cascades HWY 20 If its open ( snow closes it in the winter time ) , its more scenic than driving over the pass on hwy 90 , If you have time you can do Seattle , Olympic Penninsula , Mt Rainier and Mt St Helens . You might be able to hit the Hangtown National in Cali . Are you bringing dirt bikes ? I live close to some good tracks here in SW Washington , bring a paddle tire and you can hit the Oregon Dunes on the coast .

Post a reply to: planning a big vacation roadtrip

The Latest