pissed

Edited Date/Time 5/11/2014 11:06am
i guess i pulled a zimmerman today. I was at mall with my kids 12 and 1. 1 year old was running around in the play area and 12 year old asked if he could go to game stop. i am very protective of him and dont normally let him wonder on his own. well a few minutes later he comes back and tells me some guy shoved him and said move. i asked him kid or adult and he said adult. i said well lets go find him and see what his problem is. find him in a shoe store with another guy. at this point i dont know what the hell my plan was but i walked in gave him a little shove and said move. he turned around with a confused as all hell look. i asked why he thought it was ok to shove a kid. acts the punk part starts throwing gang signs and makes threats. I tell him to keep his hands off of kids. thats all it took and him and his buddy start throwing bows. i manage to remain somewhat calm and only fight back in a defensive way. paul blart mall cop shows up and breaks it up. cops come collect id cards and cuff up the other to. mall cop gives me props and says thanks. cop says i have to go out to his car and sites me with "Affray"

now i gotta wait and see what happens at court i guess. should i have just let it go??? maybe but it pissed me off that a adult would push a kid. maybe the judge will see the same way.
|
JLong
10/18/2013 5:58pm
No advice is worthwhile until Oldshart chimes in.

For what it's worth I like your style.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
10/18/2013 7:07pm
go back and have mall cop "have your back"/vouch for you in court?
10/18/2013 7:15pm
a quick google of their name shows the both have priors and are on probation. also learned that they are twins lol

one had priors for possession of a weapon the other for trespassing.
10/18/2013 7:21pm
not gonna play victim. an adult shoved my kid i did what i think any dad would do.
just ask tony allesie lol

i know a few cops gonna ask what they think the best course of action is. or if a plea will even be offered.

The Shop

10/18/2013 7:24pm
well lets hope. good thing i restrained myself from causing then bodily harm cause reading the laws that would have been a lot worse.

court date is not till dec 10th
Titan1
10/18/2013 7:32pm
I'm a dad, and I wouldn't have done what you did. I teach my kids to avoid violence at virtually all costs, and it's to be used only to defend themselves.

It takes a way bigger man to walk away from a fight than to go start one. If I started a fight in front of my son, I would be embarrassed, and apologize to him and explain that I didn't handle the situation the correct way.

If those dudes where beating on your son, or came up to you and started the fight....entirely different story...pound them into the ground. But to go start a fight with two dudes because they "shoved" your boy is sending the entirely wrong message about how mature people resolve conflict.

Just my opinion though...you obviously love your kids and are doing the best you can to raise them to te best of your ability. And that is admirable.
10/18/2013 7:51pm
Titan1 wrote:
I'm a dad, and I wouldn't have done what you did. I teach my kids to avoid violence at virtually all costs, and it's to be...
I'm a dad, and I wouldn't have done what you did. I teach my kids to avoid violence at virtually all costs, and it's to be used only to defend themselves.

It takes a way bigger man to walk away from a fight than to go start one. If I started a fight in front of my son, I would be embarrassed, and apologize to him and explain that I didn't handle the situation the correct way.

If those dudes where beating on your son, or came up to you and started the fight....entirely different story...pound them into the ground. But to go start a fight with two dudes because they "shoved" your boy is sending the entirely wrong message about how mature people resolve conflict.

Just my opinion though...you obviously love your kids and are doing the best you can to raise them to te best of your ability. And that is admirable.
i just reached my boiling point. my son has a slight learning disability. he has been picked on since day one of school. he does everything he is told to do. tells adults, teachers the principal etc.... never has any action been taken sometimes they even tell him to stop being a tattle tale. now this all happens at school so i can really take much action.

so when this happened at the mall and it was an adult it pushed me over the edge.

right or wrong "the Man" will decide on the court date
AZ35
Fantasy
544th
10/18/2013 7:56pm
Titan1 wrote:
I'm a dad, and I wouldn't have done what you did. I teach my kids to avoid violence at virtually all costs, and it's to be...

Agreed, well said. But everyone has a different style, right or wrong only depends on your own perspective.

And to Racer_twentynine- if your version of the story is pretty close to what happened no prosecutor will waste his/her time chasing that case.

Just go to the pre-trial, if anyone even shows up just work to plead the case to a misdemeanor with probation. No one will waste trial time on that weak case.
Titan1
10/18/2013 7:56pm
Titan1 wrote:

i just reached my boiling point. my son has a slight learning disability. he has been picked on since day one of school. he does everything...
i just reached my boiling point. my son has a slight learning disability. he has been picked on since day one of school. he does everything he is told to do. tells adults, teachers the principal etc.... never has any action been taken sometimes they even tell him to stop being a tattle tale. now this all happens at school so i can really take much action.

so when this happened at the mall and it was an adult it pushed me over the edge.

right or wrong "the Man" will decide on the court date
Nothing would break my heart more than if one if my kids were picked on at school, so I certainly feel you there.

You handled it differently than I would have, but there is more than one way to skin a cat, and I'm happy that you are involved in your kids life enough to care. You handled it how you felt was best, and in the best interest of your son. So good on you. You can be proud of that.
10/18/2013 8:45pm
their reports have been published.
they were also charged with affray and released on a promise to appear.

report does say they "started to fight another male".

im guessing though the outcome of my trial will have little to nothing to do with their trials.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
10/18/2013 10:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/18/2013 10:17pm
With the reaction, action and result, there is worst stuff on network TV sitcoms than what you described. In the real world it was kind of an over the top reaction but if we were all passive we would all be victims. I bet they will never do that to a kid again and I would also bet they have never been stood up to or put straight by someone that was not as big of a punk as they are. You might not have only stood up for your son but the next person they would have done something like this too. You might have even helped them out by setting them straight that not everyone is going to take their shit and when they are legally reprimanded that their actions are not acceptable. I bet they are not as tough in court and won't be eager to repeat their actions.
What you did, right or wrong took balls and that is a rare thing. Kind of reminds me of my Dad. He has a heart of gold but he don't take shit for nothing and straight to the point with no hesitation about anything, with anyone. He will call bullshit as it comes and not hesitate or pussy foot around it for a second. I've seen it. People that lie, cheat, take advantage or run over people are not used to people calling them out or standing up to them. Their reactions are sometimes unbelievable. I'll tell ya a story.

The last time my Dad took up for me I was about 35 years old. I have a business in town and I had an inspector from the gas company riding my ass for no reason. From the start of the construction of my building, to running the line, to double crossing me on buying the line, putting me in a shitty used meter and drip, reading my meter once every 4 months. My bills would go $75 $75 a few times and then $900 or $1200, then 2 months with a $400 credit. He documented Lies about the installation of my line so they wouldn't have to buy it, even though he inspected it and approved it and gave me the paper work of his inspection, he put it in their documents that it was not approved. He threatened to cut off my gas numerous times for not mowing around my meter even after it was freshly mowed. Documenting it all and putting post it notes on my door. Crazy shit. I know it doesn't sound as bad as it is but anything this guy could do to give me a hard time he went out of his way to do it. This went on for 5 years or better.

One winter I went to my facility and none of my boilers were running. I had no gas, nothing. I checked everything on my end, made sure it was in working order and then called the gas company. He called, and said it was my regulator, my line is pinched, and a few other ridiculous things and I told him I was certain it wasn't and he needed to check his drip and a few other things at the meter. He said, I will meet you at your place at a set time and I'll tell you what you need to change. So I went to my parents house to kill some time and I kind of laughed about it and told my Dad, I wasn't changing a God damn thing because it wasn't on my end. Dad said I'll ride out with you. We have been in construction all our lives and know our way around things. Dad and I was talking and I was telling him how I was fed up with this guy and wasn't looking forward to meeting with him. Dad knew the story and asked if this is that same guy from way back when. I said yea, not thinking anything more of it. So we get there about 30 minutes early and I was showing it to my Dad. I cracked a line and turned the gate valve and said see, no flow. Went outside before my regulator, nothing. This is before any of my equipment so it is on their end. I have a 2400' 2" gas line installed 4' deep. They don't just pinch off.
So the guy pulls up in his truck and gets out and walks to my building. Before he even said a word, my Dad walks up and asks him What is this bullshit with you giving my son a hard time? He says what? You have been going out of your way to give him trouble for the last 5 years and hes had about enough of it. He said I have done no such thing and Dad says yes you have and you know it. I walk out and he asks me, have I been giving you a hard time. I said well, yea, you have. Dad asks him if he has a problem with me that we don't know about. He says no, I have no problem with him. Dad says good, now go over unthaw your frozen drip or reset your regulator, put on a new meter and start reading it right and this is the last I want to hear about this. He looked stumped, said OK, and walked back to his truck. 5 minutes later I had gas, so it was obviously the plunger on his junk regulator. I restarted all my equipment and got things going and he called about 20 minute later. He said I got the gas going, I called and ordered another meter but I won't be able to put it on until next week. I said maybe this one will read right. He said, yea, don't worry about that and I'll install this one higher when I put in a new stab and drip so don't worry about mowing around it. I haven't had a minutes trouble from him since.
I know that was a long story but the point is Dad's can embarrass the shit out of you sometimes but there is nothing better than having a Dad that has your back. Right or wrong I think you did good and your son will always know that you have his back. It means a lot, even if you are 35.
BUTCH
10/18/2013 10:22pm Edited Date/Time 10/18/2013 10:23pm
i guess i pulled a zimmerman today. I was at mall with my kids 12 and 1. 1 year old was running around in the play...
i guess i pulled a zimmerman today. I was at mall with my kids 12 and 1. 1 year old was running around in the play area and 12 year old asked if he could go to game stop. i am very protective of him and dont normally let him wonder on his own. well a few minutes later he comes back and tells me some guy shoved him and said move. i asked him kid or adult and he said adult. i said well lets go find him and see what his problem is. find him in a shoe store with another guy. at this point i dont know what the hell my plan was but i walked in gave him a little shove and said move. he turned around with a confused as all hell look. i asked why he thought it was ok to shove a kid. acts the punk part starts throwing gang signs and makes threats. I tell him to keep his hands off of kids. thats all it took and him and his buddy start throwing bows. i manage to remain somewhat calm and only fight back in a defensive way. paul blart mall cop shows up and breaks it up. cops come collect id cards and cuff up the other to. mall cop gives me props and says thanks. cop says i have to go out to his car and sites me with "Affray"

now i gotta wait and see what happens at court i guess. should i have just let it go??? maybe but it pissed me off that a adult would push a kid. maybe the judge will see the same way.
I'd have a beer with ya bro!Wink
MR. X
10/19/2013 6:29am
Good thing you didn't get shot or teamed up on and stomped , that might have left some weird thoughts in your kids head . If you had witnessed the incident then i could see taking action . We were always raised to not let anyone physically bully you , even if you get a beating ,you always fight back .
10/19/2013 8:24am
shot no. teamed up on yes but they were nothing more than street punks with no real fighting experience.
i had one wrapped up in the guard the other one was reaching down to strike me and i got him in a choke hold.

My son knows i have seen and been in much worse situations. Kinda goes with the job. Hopefully charges will be dropped and my son learns its ok to stick up for himself.
10/20/2013 9:36am
With the reaction, action and result, there is worst stuff on network TV sitcoms than what you described. In the real world it was kind of...
With the reaction, action and result, there is worst stuff on network TV sitcoms than what you described. In the real world it was kind of an over the top reaction but if we were all passive we would all be victims. I bet they will never do that to a kid again and I would also bet they have never been stood up to or put straight by someone that was not as big of a punk as they are. You might not have only stood up for your son but the next person they would have done something like this too. You might have even helped them out by setting them straight that not everyone is going to take their shit and when they are legally reprimanded that their actions are not acceptable. I bet they are not as tough in court and won't be eager to repeat their actions.
What you did, right or wrong took balls and that is a rare thing. Kind of reminds me of my Dad. He has a heart of gold but he don't take shit for nothing and straight to the point with no hesitation about anything, with anyone. He will call bullshit as it comes and not hesitate or pussy foot around it for a second. I've seen it. People that lie, cheat, take advantage or run over people are not used to people calling them out or standing up to them. Their reactions are sometimes unbelievable. I'll tell ya a story.

The last time my Dad took up for me I was about 35 years old. I have a business in town and I had an inspector from the gas company riding my ass for no reason. From the start of the construction of my building, to running the line, to double crossing me on buying the line, putting me in a shitty used meter and drip, reading my meter once every 4 months. My bills would go $75 $75 a few times and then $900 or $1200, then 2 months with a $400 credit. He documented Lies about the installation of my line so they wouldn't have to buy it, even though he inspected it and approved it and gave me the paper work of his inspection, he put it in their documents that it was not approved. He threatened to cut off my gas numerous times for not mowing around my meter even after it was freshly mowed. Documenting it all and putting post it notes on my door. Crazy shit. I know it doesn't sound as bad as it is but anything this guy could do to give me a hard time he went out of his way to do it. This went on for 5 years or better.

One winter I went to my facility and none of my boilers were running. I had no gas, nothing. I checked everything on my end, made sure it was in working order and then called the gas company. He called, and said it was my regulator, my line is pinched, and a few other ridiculous things and I told him I was certain it wasn't and he needed to check his drip and a few other things at the meter. He said, I will meet you at your place at a set time and I'll tell you what you need to change. So I went to my parents house to kill some time and I kind of laughed about it and told my Dad, I wasn't changing a God damn thing because it wasn't on my end. Dad said I'll ride out with you. We have been in construction all our lives and know our way around things. Dad and I was talking and I was telling him how I was fed up with this guy and wasn't looking forward to meeting with him. Dad knew the story and asked if this is that same guy from way back when. I said yea, not thinking anything more of it. So we get there about 30 minutes early and I was showing it to my Dad. I cracked a line and turned the gate valve and said see, no flow. Went outside before my regulator, nothing. This is before any of my equipment so it is on their end. I have a 2400' 2" gas line installed 4' deep. They don't just pinch off.
So the guy pulls up in his truck and gets out and walks to my building. Before he even said a word, my Dad walks up and asks him What is this bullshit with you giving my son a hard time? He says what? You have been going out of your way to give him trouble for the last 5 years and hes had about enough of it. He said I have done no such thing and Dad says yes you have and you know it. I walk out and he asks me, have I been giving you a hard time. I said well, yea, you have. Dad asks him if he has a problem with me that we don't know about. He says no, I have no problem with him. Dad says good, now go over unthaw your frozen drip or reset your regulator, put on a new meter and start reading it right and this is the last I want to hear about this. He looked stumped, said OK, and walked back to his truck. 5 minutes later I had gas, so it was obviously the plunger on his junk regulator. I restarted all my equipment and got things going and he called about 20 minute later. He said I got the gas going, I called and ordered another meter but I won't be able to put it on until next week. I said maybe this one will read right. He said, yea, don't worry about that and I'll install this one higher when I put in a new stab and drip so don't worry about mowing around it. I haven't had a minutes trouble from him since.
I know that was a long story but the point is Dad's can embarrass the shit out of you sometimes but there is nothing better than having a Dad that has your back. Right or wrong I think you did good and your son will always know that you have his back. It means a lot, even if you are 35.
Man, that's a great story. Your dad is awesome. That guy needed someone to point out to him that he was being unreasonable. He knew it deep down, but had some sort of problem with letting it go. Your dad made sure he understood that he was being watched and you all were done with putting up with it. To the gas guy's credit, once your dad woke him up from his denial, he made things right.

As for the post that started all this... I think you did the best you could under the circumstances. Pushing the punk was probably ill-advised (especially considering the weapons charge), but I get where you're coming from, and can't say I blame you.
captmoto
10/20/2013 1:12pm
The days of handling your own shit is gone. I remember 2 times where my dad handled shit. My mom was walking past a barbershop in town and someone wise assed her. She told my dad when he picked her up and he went and called them out. I guess he knocked one guy out of it pretty quick but had to scrap to put the other guy down. Another time in junior high some older guys thought we threw apricots at their car and chased us in their car. my dad, bil and uncle went after them and pounded them. They came back and apologized to one of the other guys mom. No cops involved, no one came back with a gun or any of that shit. They just took it like a man.
10/20/2013 6:07pm
ok been a couple days to reflect and talk to a few cops.
still no regrets son seems to have a bit more confidence in sticking up for himself. had a talk with him and told him i was wrong in going and looking for the guy. so he understands not to go looking for trouble but not to run from it either.

cops say talk to a lawyer but they see no reason why my charges would not get dropped.

appears that the other 2 knuckle heads were charged with assault and it also says they were in possession of "personal weapons" not sure if that means hands or actual weapons, One was running his mouth about "sticking" me but like most punks he was all talk. son said he saw one throwing shoes at me lol.

one was on probation for a weapons charge so likely some county time for him. maybe he will be the one getting stuck lol
10/20/2013 6:34pm
I understand why you did what you did and I feel you were completely justified.

That being said, you never know who you are messing with. It would have sucked to end up stabbed by some homie that is trying to prove a point.

Some people are walking around at a 9/10 just waiting for someone to push them over the top. In this day I try and avoid conflict at allll costs.

I've seen too many people passed out getting their heads stomped in on WorldStarHipHop.com to be comfortable that an even and fair exchange of fists would ever take place.
PADDY'S LAD
10/20/2013 9:11pm
I would have done the same thing. When our sons were 3&1 we enjoying a wonderful day riding our bikes along the beach on a public bike path. One in a seat on the back of my bike & one on his own little bike & mom riding ahead of us. Anywho, our little guy is riding and this guy (about 40) or so rides by me & up to my son and as he goes by he pushes my son to get him out of the way( on his helmet) kind of like brushed him off I saw this and my blood just boiled! I went into full on I'm going to jail mode.
I rode up to him grabbed his tight little shirt and told him Your going to feel the same fear as my son just did I'm going to kick the living shit out of you!!!! I'm not a violent guy but touch my boys&your going to the hospital& i'm going to jail.
Funny thing was my wife looked back and witnessed this from about sixty ft and asked me why did you push that nice man to the ground? Was he a friend of yours?

Pat
yz414
10/20/2013 9:32pm
my dad and mom were walking into a store and there was a young girl behind them and two dudes a little ways behind her. one of the guys was telling his buddy all about his great weekend with a girl and being a little too descriptive, and really loud. my dad (6ft 4in and 270lbs) stopped, turned around looked the guy in the eye and told him to keep that shit to himself. the girl said thanks to my dad after they were in the store.
Xtreme1
10/22/2013 8:42am
I do not know about your state laws but in a lot of jurisdictions the prosecuter will offer what is called a deferred sentence. If you pay a court fee, the court defers imposition of sentence for six months. After six months the court dismisses the charge so you have no record of a conviction. This way in the future if asked, you would not have a conviction.
You would need to speak to whatever atty. is prosecuting your case if the case goes that far.
You could also contact the security officer and see if he can find security camera footage of what they did to your son.
Rooster
10/22/2013 10:36am
As much as you want to stand up for your kid and yourself, put yourself into the guy's shoes who owned the store you started shit in. How would you like it if somebody walked into your place of business in the middle of the day and started a fight with two guys? Was any damage done to the store or products in it during the scuffle?

If you want to make sure the case against you is dropped, you should go and apologize to the person who owned the store for the confrontation. Be careful what you say though. If you tell him/her that you went in there looking for them, it could come back to haunt you.

It sounds like the other guys have dug their own grave. It's the third parties like the store owner, their employees and the mall owners that you have to appease now.
10/22/2013 4:07pm
spoke to a lawyer. he said he will try for a dismissal, said this court house almost never dose that but this sounds like one that they would, he said even if they dont take it to trial and no way i would get found guilty.
CR250Rider
10/23/2013 11:28am
With all the methed out wack jobs out there you're luck to be alive.

Next time don't let your anger get the best of you and just call the police, that's what they're for ya know.
jtomasik
10/23/2013 11:49am
Rooster wrote:
As much as you want to stand up for your kid and yourself, put yourself into the guy's shoes who owned the store you started shit...
As much as you want to stand up for your kid and yourself, put yourself into the guy's shoes who owned the store you started shit in. How would you like it if somebody walked into your place of business in the middle of the day and started a fight with two guys? Was any damage done to the store or products in it during the scuffle?

If you want to make sure the case against you is dropped, you should go and apologize to the person who owned the store for the confrontation. Be careful what you say though. If you tell him/her that you went in there looking for them, it could come back to haunt you.

It sounds like the other guys have dug their own grave. It's the third parties like the store owner, their employees and the mall owners that you have to appease now.
From the information we have here (including the fact that at least one of these guys have priors), and not reading into it any more than what was written here, sounds to me more like the shop owner and his employees should be thanking twentynine for standing up to these guys and their disrespectful behavior. If anyone should be apologizing to the store owner and his/her employees, it's the thugs with the priors who act with no respect of others. Situations sure get twisted around to the point of nonsense out here in the west.
12/10/2013 11:11am
well owned by the "man" today.

spent all day in court plead not guilty and sat around some more waiting for my chance to talk to the judge. the other 2 idiots showed up plead not guilt asked for a court appointed lawyer and bounced.

with a stomach growling like hell my eyes lit up when they called my name. surely as i sat and heard all the other case the judge seemed to be in a good mood. for sure this thing would get dismissed. before i could even say anything the D A says she wants to continue the case until sept 2014. WTF??????

turns out the cop who told me he wouldnt be there wasnt. im guessing he left a message for the D A to pass the case off to another officer who was there. I do not recall any contact with another officer that day.
well the other officer has nympomia (Spelling) and will not be available for court until sept.

the shit part about it is I am active duty Military and am due to move to texas this summer.

soooooo lawyer has some damn work to do. no way im driving 16 hours for another court date almost a year away.

i was alwyas under the assumption that if the officer wasnt there then he doesnt get to tell his side.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
12/10/2013 11:19am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2013 11:22am
So you had your Arraignment today?
What do you mean by continue the case until Sept. 2014?
Is that a trial date they set (sometime in sept.)?
I'm sure there will be a few hearings before then.
Usually discovery type hearings & depositions and they usually offer a plea deal also - or even exonerate the charges then (just depends).
(hopefully it doesn't get that far)
Then pre-trial hearing before trial.
Then readiness hearing.
Then trial.
12/10/2013 11:35am
it was a courtroom full. mostly DWI and DWLR cases. They called off everyones name and asked you say guilty or not guilty.
the ones who plead guilty went out to the lobby got a slip of paper and went down stairs to pay. everybody else stayed in the court room and the judge was hearing all case on the spot. most were plea deals so it was just a formality. on a few cases trial was held right then and there. kinda funny watching the hod lawyers represent them selves and sound like idiots.

by time they got to me as soon as i stood up the DA asked the judge to continue or delay the case till sept for the reason i said before. i never even got a peep out. I looked at the lawyer and said no i wont be here. him and the DA whispered something to each other and he told me there was a valid reason for the long delay.

i talked to him after he got done with all his other clients and he said he has a couple options.

anyway summary of the hod lawyers:
guy skipped out on cab fare then bragged to the judge that he was able to pay his bond within an hour so its not like he didnt have the money.

another guy was held in contempt for being stoned out of his mind lol

one guy had a hand drawn map on notebook paper and kept telling the judge to look at it. the judge kept saying i already saw it. guilty (fined for speeding)

saw and old timer must have been 70+ years old. never had a ticket in his life. D A said she would reduce to improper equipment. he did understand the whole plea deal. said he doesnt want to pay a fine for sometihng he didnt do. walked back in the court room for a bit came out pissed and said i guess i'll take the improper equipment.

dreadlocks out numbered every other type of hair by at least two to one.

sagging pants were everywhere as were flip flops lol
\
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
12/10/2013 11:40am
If your lawyer was in favor of the delay then don't sweat it.
Sounds like the DA will more then likely talk to your lawyer at a later time and get it squared away.
They probably just want to review it and see how the other fellows cases workout.
It's just a waiting game.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
12/10/2013 1:38pm
Tomorrow morning is my fake cop trial. I probably have 15 hours investing in going waiting, being on standby, sheriff has been by my house 4 times with subpoenas. I went yesterday morning and sat 10 feet from the dude, then some trial about a guy stealing beer from Walmart came first and they put me on stand by. I think tomorrow it's going down.

Post a reply to: pissed

The Latest