here we go again

ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
10/9/2014 6:42am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2014 9:06am
More protests to come, but will the protesters wait till the facts are known? We'll see.
I'm all for prosecuting if someone is guilty but these protests for weeks and months
before the facts come out just seem counterproductive to real justice.

https://gma.yahoo.com/unrest-st-louis-police-officer-shoots-kills-man-0…

TM
|
enketchum
10/9/2014 7:25am
17 shots from the officer. That's a lot of shots. I wonder what else the bullets hit
10/9/2014 7:32am
Case closed. The bad guy shot first.

This article has pretty good video of the "protestors" kicking cars, knocking out a window, and trying to grab a cop. I just love the wording that my article uses in the title. "Officer shoots teen." No mention of him being old enough to vote or the fact that he had a gun and shot first.

Unrest in St. Louis...as usual
P
10/9/2014 7:47am
Yeah, when you shoot at the cops first you should probably expect to get shot.

P
motoracer633
10/9/2014 7:54am
When did security guards get to track and shoot? Isn't the only right he has is to call an on duty officer? Just guessing. Just because they turn and run the other way doesn't mean they are guilty, they might just watch the news? just a different perspective.

The Shop

Homey55
10/9/2014 8:36am
His family is saying all he had was a sandwich. Sounds like they are trying to stir things up to me.
P
10/9/2014 8:38am
When did security guards get to track and shoot? Isn't the only right he has is to call an on duty officer? Just guessing. Just because...
When did security guards get to track and shoot? Isn't the only right he has is to call an on duty officer? Just guessing. Just because they turn and run the other way doesn't mean they are guilty, they might just watch the news? just a different perspective.
From what I heard the security guy was an off-duty police officer. Also, the guy didn't just run, he started shooting at some point. The gun jammed and the officer shot him.............17 times At least that is what is being reported.

The family of the teen says that he wasn't armed.

P
newmann
10/9/2014 8:39am
I like how we get shit journalism and half stories. It sure works to provoke more violence if that's what they are after.
P
10/9/2014 8:39am
Homey55 wrote:
His family is saying all he had was a sandwich. Sounds like they are trying to stir things up to me.
Whether or not he fired a gun should be pretty easy to prove.

P
Homey55
10/9/2014 8:42am
P wrote:
Whether or not he fired a gun should be pretty easy to prove.

P
Exactly, but the family has cast doubt at just the right time and it won't matter if he fired a gun from this point forward.
IWreckALot
10/9/2014 8:43am
When did security guards get to track and shoot? Isn't the only right he has is to call an on duty officer? Just guessing. Just because...
I just read that story and came here to post it. This is crazy. These parts of Missouri must have something in the water.

I believe the guy was an off duty police officer. But in all reality, there is no such thing as an off duty police officer. They're always on duty. And they'll all tell you the same. They're held to the same standard 100% of the time whether they're in uniform or not. And civilians are expected to treat them as if they were in uniform all the time. If you attack an officer out of uniform, knowingly or unknowingly, the consequences are the same as if they were in uniform. Of course, this is all speaking from my experience in Texas. Missouri laws may differ but I have a feeling they're the same.
10/9/2014 9:22am
I heard they are planning a "weekend of unrest" in St. Louis...but there is always unrest in St. Louis. I took this screen shot from one of the news stations the other morning. It sounded like an average night...

10/9/2014 9:34am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2014 9:48am
People won't wait until the facts come out.

Edit: In this case, the young man fired at the police officer and a gun was found. This is what I would call a justified shooting on the police officer's behalf.
CR250Rider
10/9/2014 9:39am
newmann wrote:
I like how we get shit journalism and half stories. It sure works to provoke more violence if that's what they are after.
I totally agree
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
10/9/2014 11:16am
I think it's pretty easy to test for GSR on the guy's hand to see if that loaded sandwich was shot. Smile
TM
IWreckALot
10/9/2014 12:00pm
People won't wait until the facts come out. Edit: In this case, the young man fired at the police officer and a gun was found. This...
People won't wait until the facts come out.

Edit: In this case, the young man fired at the police officer and a gun was found. This is what I would call a justified shooting on the police officer's behalf.
What facts would change the. . . . oh wait, you almost got me. Damn you. . .
JM485
10/9/2014 2:37pm
newmann wrote:
Yep, and then that violence become an even bigger news story! I'm noticing a pattern here. . .
10/9/2014 3:45pm
This is a pretty good article about what transpired.http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/police-officer-fatally-shoots-teenager-in-south-st-louis/article_2d5a8c2a-97db-5cec-a477-1130d7d26f7e.html Some interesting excerpts from it...

Court records show that Myers was scheduled to stand trial in November for unlawful use of a weapon and resisting arrest. This summer, Myers was a passenger in a car involved in a high-speed car chase in St. Louis, officials say. The car crashed just after midnight on June 27 in the 1100 block of South Grand Boulevard. Myers got out of the car, and a police officer yelled at him to stop. Instead, Myers ran off and tossed a gun into a sewage drain. Police caught him nearby and recovered the gun, a loaded .380-caliber pistol.

Myers was jailed for a few days. Then, in early July, Myers was released on bail after posting $1,000 cash bond. His bail originally was set at $30,000 by Judge Rex Burlison but was dropped to $10,000 after Judge Theresa Counts Burke agreed with a defense motion that it was excessive. Burke allowed Myers to post 10 percent of that in cash. A second judge upheld that bond amount later.

On July 8, as a condition of bail, Myers was activated on electronic monitoring for house arrest, court records say. He could leave his home in the 4200 block of Castleman Avenue for work, school, court appearances, meetings with attorneys and meetings with the private monitoring firm.

And also, the gun was stolen and it had been originally bought at the same location that my girlfriend bought a 22 after the first Ferguson protests started getting out of hand!
10/9/2014 4:42pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2014 4:43pm
newmann wrote:
JM485 wrote:
Yep, and then that violence become an even bigger news story! I'm noticing a pattern here. . .
Yeah, but the libral news will spin the violence into a repressed state of welfare reaction, caused by the opressive powers that be..
And the pattern your seeing, isn't a pattern at all, its a way of life for the unjustly held down by society..LaughingLaughing
Mouse153
10/10/2014 5:00am
They aren't interested in justice, they're only interested in vengeance.
motoracer633
10/10/2014 7:27am
newmann wrote:
JM485 wrote:
Yeah, but the libral news will spin the violence into a repressed state of welfare reaction, caused by the opressive powers that be.. And the pattern...
Yeah, but the libral news will spin the violence into a repressed state of welfare reaction, caused by the opressive powers that be..
And the pattern your seeing, isn't a pattern at all, its a way of life for the unjustly held down by society..LaughingLaughing
And fox will tie it to benghazi and ebola.
10/10/2014 7:53am
Id like to see all the innocent law abiding people move out of St Louis and then have no police presents there what so ever.
Just let em have it.......... then in a few years go in and see what happened to it.

Maybe thats it.....Just have certain sections of city where no police can go.......No paramedics or fire rescue either. Fuck em! Just let them destroy themselves.

No matter whats justified or not ......these people will always feel they are above the law.
motoracer633
10/10/2014 8:11am
Id like to see all the innocent law abiding people move out of St Louis and then have no police presents there what so ever. Just...
Id like to see all the innocent law abiding people move out of St Louis and then have no police presents there what so ever.
Just let em have it.......... then in a few years go in and see what happened to it.

Maybe thats it.....Just have certain sections of city where no police can go.......No paramedics or fire rescue either. Fuck em! Just let them destroy themselves.

No matter whats justified or not ......these people will always feel they are above the law.
I've long wished for a seperate news channel as well. I don't care how many killed each other over night any more than i care how many muslims kill each other in the middle east. If they want peace they will find it by themselves.
P
10/10/2014 8:36am
Id like to see all the innocent law abiding people move out of St Louis and then have no police presents there what so ever. Just...

You don't get it at all. These people aren't upset that there are cops, they are upset that the cops seem to be working against them. They see the cops as acting more as "overseers" than officers of the law. They are supposed to server and protect. If the recent videos that have been popping up showing police overstepping their bounds don't convince you that there is some merit to people's anger with police departments across this country then nothing will convince you.

Either way I get that cops are in danger all of the time, but I also know that there is a right way and a wrong way to handle situations. There are too many situations being handled incorrectly today IMO.

P
motoracer633
10/10/2014 8:44am
I feel like the cops are working against most of us. They work to create money for a perpetual system. A side note, why do i always hear of cops constantly dealing with the worst of humanity? Most of the complaints i hear is that they spend all of their time writing tickets in nice subdivisions and ticketing working people while avoiding the real police work it would take to reduce real crime.
10/10/2014 8:46am
P wrote:
You don't get it at all. These people aren't upset that there are cops, they are upset that the cops seem to be working against them...
You don't get it at all. These people aren't upset that there are cops, they are upset that the cops seem to be working against them. They see the cops as acting more as "overseers" than officers of the law. They are supposed to server and protect. If the recent videos that have been popping up showing police overstepping their bounds don't convince you that there is some merit to people's anger with police departments across this country then nothing will convince you.

Either way I get that cops are in danger all of the time, but I also know that there is a right way and a wrong way to handle situations. There are too many situations being handled incorrectly today IMO.

P
I don't know why the officer approached them but he was acting as an officer of the law when he went to talk to them. This kid was breaking the law. He ran because he was out on parole and had a gun on him. They will always play the victim no matter how the events went down.

P
10/10/2014 10:05am
P wrote:
You don't get it at all. These people aren't upset that there are cops, they are upset that the cops seem to be working against them...

P
I don't know why the officer approached them but he was acting as an officer of the law when he went to talk to them. This...
I don't know why the officer approached them but he was acting as an officer of the law when he went to talk to them. This kid was breaking the law. He ran because he was out on parole and had a gun on him. They will always play the victim no matter how the events went down.

This case seems legit, but there are many other's that aren't and they are right in front of our eyes. The most obvious case is the officer that asked the guy to get his license and when he reached in his car to get it he just started shooting. Even when the guy backed out of the car with his hands up the cop KEPT shooting. That kind of stuff is what people are upset about.

P

Post a reply to: here we go again

The Latest