"?" for street bike people.

Kmid514
Edited Date/Time 8/2/2013 10:43am
My Uncle passed away and I have this street bike to do something with, I'm the only one in my family that rides so I guess it's mine now. I have been riding the dirt bikes for about 20+ years now but don't know much about the street kind. I'm looking for suggestions on which direction to go with the restoration (cafe racer, bone stock, ect.). Not looking to make it fast or anything as it's a pretty small motor for a street bike, just cruise or something. Thank you.
|
Bytor
7/31/2013 7:18pm
That's a cool old bike. I'd restore it or cafe racer style it. It's a two stroke so a 380 can be daily potent.
MR. X
7/31/2013 7:18pm
I had a guy give me one of those about 10 years ago ,me and some buddys decided it would be a good idea to see who could do the most doughnuts on it before the bike ripped out of your hands or you tipped over , never did get the title for that thing. Its a 2 stroke isnt it ?

The Shop

Sandberm
8/1/2013 8:10am
I don't know anything about that bike, but I've often thought it would be a lot of fun to own an old 70's two-stroke streetbike, if just for the sound the engine makes. I'd restore it to look stock. They seem so rare that I would hate to hack it up to make it look like the style of the day.
8/1/2013 12:16pm
Hack it! Paint it, get a seat that's about a third that size, raise the gas tank up (I haven't done that but it always looks awesome) and pull everything off besides the motor, wheels, suspension and frame.
8/1/2013 4:19pm
That things awesome! I'd clean it up and get a new seat for it. Disconnect the oil injection system so that you gotta mix gasoline before you put it in the tank, those often do not work correctly. Things probably gonna be a handful on the twisties. Have fun!
Sandberm
8/1/2013 5:08pm
The more I think about it, the cooler I think that bike is. Its a 2-stroke streetbike man! Not some old Goldwing!
4stroke4DWIN
8/2/2013 7:54am
Hack it! Paint it, get a seat that's about a third that size, raise the gas tank up (I haven't done that but it always looks...
Hack it! Paint it, get a seat that's about a third that size, raise the gas tank up (I haven't done that but it always looks awesome) and pull everything off besides the motor, wheels, suspension and frame.
Thats called Frisco, looks good on choppers and customs but dont know about Jap bikes because of the tank size. They look best with sportster peanut or similar tanks.
indy_maico
8/2/2013 8:04am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2013 8:07am
Gt380 Sebring. Nice project. Here is your goal:

indy_maico
8/2/2013 8:05am
my brothers bike which is a blast to ride[img]https://sphotos-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1753_40580914774_7930_n.jpg[/img]
my brothers bike which is a blast to ride
I likey!
8/2/2013 10:43am
Hack it! Paint it, get a seat that's about a third that size, raise the gas tank up (I haven't done that but it always looks...
Thats called Frisco, looks good on choppers and customs but dont know about Jap bikes because of the tank size. They look best with sportster peanut...
Thats called Frisco, looks good on choppers and customs but dont know about Jap bikes because of the tank size. They look best with sportster peanut or similar tanks.
Oh ok cool, I always wondered what that was called. You're probably right. It looks good on choppers because it gives you a better view of the motor but there's already a big gab on that Suzuki between the tank and the motor.

Post a reply to: "?" for street bike people.

The Latest