camera suggestions?

davis224
Fantasy
165th
Edited Date/Time 3/3/2013 10:47am
Not looking for anything too fancy, I'm going to be spending a few days in Sequoia and Yosemite national parks in April, and would like a camera capable of taking some fairly nice pictures but portable enough to stick in some cargo pants on a long hike and not be too heavy or cumbersome. If I could use it afterwards to do some not-terrible moto shots, that'd be a bonus, but with a budget of $250 ish, is there anything out there that fits my needs?
|
rpoint116
3/2/2013 3:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2013 1:32pm
I picked up a Luminex point & shoot (made by Panasonic) a couple of years ago at Cotco. It takes phenominal pictures!!

They have similar ones there for around $200. I am not a camera expert, but from what I understand the Luminex has a German lense & supposedly better quality. I consider myself very good at taking pictures in general. I need tro read up on the options to maximize the camera.

Truthfully, most of the mid-range point & shoots take awesome pictures. If your not in a hurry find a photo forum & jump in.

Please post pics from Yosemite (or pm me a link)!! We are thinking about going there this summer.

Have a GREAT trip!
Sully
3/2/2013 3:44pm
Anything in Canon's or Nikon's point-n-shoot lineup will do what you need and more. They may run a bit more than $250, but you'll get what you pay for.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
3/3/2013 8:00am
rpoint116 wrote:
I picked up a Luminex point & shoot (made by Panasonic) a couple of years ago at Cotco. It takes phenominal pictures!! They have similar ones...
I picked up a Luminex point & shoot (made by Panasonic) a couple of years ago at Cotco. It takes phenominal pictures!!

They have similar ones there for around $200. I am not a camera expert, but from what I understand the Luminex has a German lense & supposedly better quality. I consider myself very good at taking pictures in general. I need tro read up on the options to maximize the camera.

Truthfully, most of the mid-range point & shoots take awesome pictures. If your not in a hurry find a photo forum & jump in.

Please post pics from Yosemite (or pm me a link)!! We are thinking about going there this summer.

Have a GREAT trip!
DO IT! I spend about a day there last year, and it wasn't even close to being enough time. This time I'm flying solo out to Fresno, renting a car, spending the night in Sequoia (haven't been there before) then driving up to Yosemite and spending 3 nights on the valley floor there. Here's a link to the thread I made from my roadtrip last year, has some good pics in there

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Non-Moto,21/took-a-7-070-mile-roadtrip,1242449

The Shop

mattmatt300
3/3/2013 10:47am
Sorry I didn't read the part about throwing it in your pocket. What about a GoPro?

Post a reply to: camera suggestions?

The Latest