anyone entering the draw muhamMAD in phoenix?

FolkLoar
5/31/2015 11:20am
To be clear, I was referring to the organizers of THIS meeting and the one in Texas where the two fanatics got shot.

I can't speak about the Mormon play and any anti-Christian cartoons that you may have seen because we don't see much of that here in the Bible Belt. Tongue I would only hope that they weren't as mean spirited and radical as this bunch.

I can say that IF it was my call, I wouldn't allow any type of PUBLIC meeting in my state that made fun of ANYONE'S religion or attempted to "draw out retaliators". That is asking for trouble IMO.
markit
6/1/2015 12:23am
This is what happens when they try that spread fear crap in the south.
IWreckALot
6/1/2015 5:47am
Just because you have the right to do something, doesn't mean that it's 1) safe or 2) necessary. I support their right to do it but I wouldn't participate. Partly because I don't believe ISIS has anything to do with the Quaran. . . That's just the excuse they give for doing what they're doing. True muslims I believe don't want violence.

The Shop

peelout
6/1/2015 8:18am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 8:18am
500guy wrote:
So it's okay for there to be a Broadway play that makes fun of Mormons and funny cartoons about Jesus or God are fair game...
So it's okay for there to be a Broadway play that makes fun of Mormons

and funny cartoons about Jesus or God are fair game ?

But funny drawing of Muhammad are hate crimes or not acceptable ?
"The Book of Mormon" Broadway musical by Matt Stone and Trey Parker (SouthPark) is coming to Salt Lake City in July, i have my tickets already.

i personally can't wait to see the uproar it's going to cause downtown... if anyone is radical in their beliefs it's the damn Mormons
Atmos
6/1/2015 12:26pm
If this had been a contest centered on mocking christians and christianity, I could see people's heads exploding with outrage.
It's like people wanting to go kick a hornet's nest, then throw a fit over the outcome.
Live and let live, my friends.
XXVoid MainXX
6/1/2015 2:57pm
Heh heh, Christians and Christianity are constantly being mocked. Where have you been? Smile

XXVoid MainXX
6/2/2015 5:08am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2015 5:18am
They haven't gone in with assault rifles and mowed people down over it.......... yet. They protest well within their rights under the constitution, just like South Park exercised their rights. How about the South Park "Muhammad" episode?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/201_%28South_Park%29

Buncha pussies. Smile
the_wood109
6/2/2015 8:20am
I'm not sure what you are getting at, but christians have quite a long and well documented history of using violence as a method to eliminate criticism.

I think it's a bit of a case of moving the goal posts to ask for just cases with assault rifles, or any particular weapon, but christian violence does happen. There are still plenty of people that claim to believe in killing gays, for example.

If you want to talk about a recent time span, and in most parts of the world, yes, christians are less violent now then they have ever been. I would attribute that to secular laws being enforced. They've simply become more willing to ignore the parts of the bible that command immoral acts, as a result of enlightenment and governing doctrine no longer willing to cater to their nonsense. After all, "god" hasn't written a new bible. It still says the same things that it said when people were actually burning witches.

Any way you want to slice it, their objectives are very much the same as the ones that muslims have. They seek to eliminate criticism and impose theocratic law, as in line with their particular brand of superstition.
XXVoid MainXX
6/2/2015 10:18am
That's true, and because of that people shouldn't be "selective" in who they go after. If you make fun of the Christian's then have a set of nuts and make fun of the Muslims as well. Wink

Post a reply to: anyone entering the draw muhamMAD in phoenix?

The Latest