Yum Yum!

brlatm
7/31/2014 5:02am
Screw that! Seriously who eats a freaking hot dog anyway? If I am going to eat street meat I want some chicken or beef or pork that's been roasted for about 8 hours. Or if I am back in Tejas give me some goat or barbacoa now that's good shit.
Cygnus
7/31/2014 6:51am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2014 6:55am
What a joke. I only buy 100% pure beef Hebrew national at the store or grab a Vienna beef Chicago dog at one of our local Chicago dog stand. But I don't believe any reputable company uses pink slime.
borg
7/31/2014 7:27am
If you are OK with eating meat, you should have no problem with anything that includes "pink slime". That includes hot dogs.
I treat myself to a Chicago style at the street vendors outside Home Depot every couple of weeks. Yum Yum.
PalerBlue
7/31/2014 8:00am
Cygnus wrote:
What a joke. I only buy 100% pure beef Hebrew national at the store or grab a Vienna beef Chicago dog at one of our local...
What a joke. I only buy 100% pure beef Hebrew national at the store or grab a Vienna beef Chicago dog at one of our local Chicago dog stand. But I don't believe any reputable company uses pink slime.
Sadly with the labeling system you've got ( and which your food manufactures will fight tooth and nail to keep) you'll never know.

The more you find out about processed food the less appetizing it becomes. A farm worker here once gave me a good general rule of thumb for consuming meat, if you can recognize the meat it's probably ok to eat. He didn't fill me with a lot of faith in anything processed.

Mechanically recovered beef meat (trimmings) is where you'll encounter BSE (or 'Mad Cow'), if any is present in that animal, And don't think it doesn't apply in America because for sure it IS there too, only your industry is so much better at covering it up. And governments across tend to go along with anything the farmers want, if they possibly can.

The Shop

Cygnus
7/31/2014 8:58am
Glad I raise most of my own meat I'm having fresh duck tonight. And when I mean Fresh it is eating it's last meal as I type.
Racer92
7/31/2014 9:06am
Cygnus wrote:
Glad I raise most of my own meat I'm having fresh duck tonight. And when I mean Fresh it is eating it's last meal as I...
Glad I raise most of my own meat I'm having fresh duck tonight. And when I mean Fresh it is eating it's last meal as I type.
Same here.
PalerBlue
7/31/2014 9:32am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2014 9:33am
Cygnus wrote:
Glad I raise most of my own meat I'm having fresh duck tonight. And when I mean Fresh it is eating it's last meal as I...
Racer92 wrote:
Same here.
Nobodies going to get better meat than people like you two guys.....................

Sadly, I've just got to try and be picky at our better supermarkets. Good food isn't cheap.
brlatm
7/31/2014 9:46am
Cygnus wrote:
Racer92 wrote:
Same here.
I just bought a new place in Texas and it has some chicken coops out back. I do believe its time to have some homegrown yard bird for sure.
No-K
7/31/2014 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2014 1:56pm
Cygnus wrote:
You don't fed the last day unless you wanna deal with shit

plus it needs to rest a day or 3 to get the Rigor mortis out of it and to allow it to break down so it won't be so tough.
Racer92
7/31/2014 1:00pm
brlatm wrote:
I just bought a new place in Texas and it has some chicken coops out back. I do believe its time to have some homegrown yard...
I just bought a new place in Texas and it has some chicken coops out back. I do believe its time to have some homegrown yard bird for sure.
Nothin' wrong with some homegrown yard bird.
vetmxr
7/31/2014 7:54pm
Cygnus wrote:
I love to tell my family when we eat fresh meat of any kind, "You know this steak was walking around a few days ago," then watch their reactions........

Post a reply to: Yum Yum!

The Latest