You guys been watching The Cosmos on Fox?

level
Edited Date/Time 5/13/2014 8:41am
What a great series. Just love it. I'm even learning things. Maybe it will smarten up the population a little bit.
|
XXVoid MainXX
3/31/2014 6:09am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2014 6:11am
So the Cosmos is anti-god, I would have to assume that it is also anti-psychic. Smile
Racer92
3/31/2014 6:48am
So the Cosmos is anti-god, I would have to assume that it is also anti-psychic. Smile
I just dont see how anyone can look at the complexity and beauty of the Universe, all the crazy complicated science involved, and not think there is some Higher Intellect or something else besides just noble gases and carbon.

Havent caught that show, will look it up.
level
3/31/2014 9:52am
LOL. I know right. That's where my constant inner conflict comes from.

The Shop

enketchum
3/31/2014 10:48pm
I believe the universe is exactly as they say in Cosmos. I just believe that God created it that way. The big bang happened, too
JW381
3/31/2014 11:28pm
enketchum wrote:
I believe the universe is exactly as they say in Cosmos. I just believe that God created it that way. The big bang happened, too
I don't believe in the big man any longer, but I used to think along those same lines. I know it's not exactly what the good book says, but if there is a divine being, why is it so hard to believe he/she/it made the universe as is? There's a lot of randomness out there but then (from my very limited knowledge) there's a lot of evidence of some kind of design or rhythm, too.
the_wood109
4/1/2014 3:10pm
You could just combine them and say anti-bullshit.
borg
4/1/2014 5:26pm
I tried to watch it. I don't care much for cartoons anymore.
5/6/2014 8:13pm
level wrote:
What a great series. Just love it. I'm even learning things. Maybe it will smarten up the population a little bit.
Keeping with the series? Gotta be the best thing to happen to tv since the original Cosmos?
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
5/6/2014 9:17pm
Racer92 wrote:
I just dont see how anyone can look at the complexity and beauty of the Universe, all the crazy complicated science involved, and not think there...
I just dont see how anyone can look at the complexity and beauty of the Universe, all the crazy complicated science involved, and not think there is some Higher Intellect or something else besides just noble gases and carbon.

I am not far off your theory either, but I just can not understand how anyone can believe the common Christian based Religion take on it that earth and the universe are only 6000 years old,
824 Dad
5/6/2014 9:47pm
Watched several episodes, intriguing, informative and intresting. Why is it so hard to think all of this ( universe/life) happened by chance and evolution? Is it easier to wrap your mind around "it's so wonderful and amazing something had to be responsible for it's creation"?
5/6/2014 10:30pm
We as humans are full of ourselves if we think the universe was created with our interests the first priority.

Look into the sky at night and realize that what is on earth is not the only reality.
oldAFI
5/6/2014 10:58pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2014 10:58pm
We as humans are full of ourselves if we think the universe was created with our interests the first priority. Look into the sky at night...
We as humans are full of ourselves if we think the universe was created with our interests the first priority.

Look into the sky at night and realize that what is on earth is not the only reality.
But I have a 'relationship' with the creator, I prayed the sinners prayer and picked up a compilation of numerous texts compiled in the `19th century called the King James Bible
/sarcasm
XXVoid MainXX
5/7/2014 5:21am
Racer92 wrote:
I just dont see how anyone can look at the complexity and beauty of the Universe, all the crazy complicated science involved, and not think there...

scott_nz wrote:
I am not far off your theory either, but I just can not understand how anyone can believe the common Christian based Religion take on it...
I am not far off your theory either, but I just can not understand how anyone can believe the common Christian based Religion take on it that earth and the universe are only 6000 years old,
Rooster
5/7/2014 12:05pm
Racer92 wrote:

Look into fractal math to get an idea of how something very simple can create something very beautiful and complex if you just repeat it over and over and over a few billion times.

We can see fractals everywhere in nature. Coastlines, neural pathways, tree branching, etc.
wildbill
5/8/2014 12:08am
824 Dad wrote:
Watched several episodes, intriguing, informative and intresting. Why is it so hard to think all of this ( universe/life) happened by chance and evolution? Is it...
Watched several episodes, intriguing, informative and intresting. Why is it so hard to think all of this ( universe/life) happened by chance and evolution? Is it easier to wrap your mind around "it's so wonderful and amazing something had to be responsible for it's creation"?
As far as I can tell, love and creation are synonymous. Take charge of your life.

To simplify, realize that fear is an emotion that YOU control. (other than casing the triple)... Wink
the_wood109
5/8/2014 5:04am
824 Dad wrote:
Watched several episodes, intriguing, informative and intresting. Why is it so hard to think all of this ( universe/life) happened by chance and evolution? Is it...
People that use the argument from ignorance generally don't put much thought into it. They really aren't attempting to wrap their minds around the implications that an actual creator would entail, they're simply accepting an explanation for the sake of having one. It doesn't matter whether it true or makes any sense, just that they feel more comfortable having an answer.
the_wood109
5/8/2014 5:08am
Racer92 wrote:

scott_nz wrote:
I am not far off your theory either, but I just can not understand how anyone can believe the common Christian based Religion take on it...
For example, this isn't as much of a "theory" as it is a set of wild assumptions and baseless conclusions. Classic argument from ignorance. "I don't know, therefore god did it."
5/12/2014 7:30pm
Probably the most dull episode of the series to date.

Faraday was cool, we owe him a ton. It was just a little too personal, biography like.

I'm thinking the magnetic field subject will carry over to next weeks show and we will have our minds blown by the vast, strange, violent, unpredictable universe again.
5/13/2014 8:41am
Probably the most dull episode of the series to date. Faraday was cool, we owe him a ton. It was just a little too personal, biography...
Probably the most dull episode of the series to date.

Faraday was cool, we owe him a ton. It was just a little too personal, biography like.

I'm thinking the magnetic field subject will carry over to next weeks show and we will have our minds blown by the vast, strange, violent, unpredictable universe again.
I agree, but I still enjoyed it.

Post a reply to: You guys been watching The Cosmos on Fox?

The Latest