Wow! I should have taken off of work...

newmann
Edited Date/Time 12/25/2014 10:36am
could have come back after a couple weeks of protesting and burning down the local Home Depot and demanded to not only be paid, but also promoted. Sucks that I'm self employed. Maybe I could just go down to the local university and demand a degree. Someone please check Snopes and tell me this is all made up fiction because it sure is hard to believe...lol.Laughing

http://www.inquisitr.com/1699419/black-lives-matter-protests-have-black…
|
newmann
12/23/2014 9:11am
rosebud441 wrote:
Oh Man, Your just full of holiday cheer...
Actually, yes I am. Got this when I got to work this morning. Shiner Holiday Cheer all dressed up as little reindeers.Smile

jndmx
12/23/2014 9:23am
It's a petition that got started online......doesn't mean shit except someone wanted to try and see if that would work...lol.

You do realize that there is also a petition to demand that the US military build a "Death Star"....people are idiots.
newmann
12/23/2014 9:39am
Damn front page crap on Yahoo. Who writes this crap? And why is it newsworthy? And why do I still have Yahoo as a homepage?Laughing

The Shop

rosebud441
12/23/2014 10:20am
Damn, those Beers look good, is it to early on the west coast to start drinking??

Yo Merry Xmas Newman..
12/23/2014 10:31am
“Imagine if you had to tell your grandkids, ‘I didn’t go out and fight for what is right because I had to go finish a chemistry final,'” said Oberlin student senator Nick Canavan, according to the WCPO.

instead you get to tell your grand kids you attended an illegal protest and as a result you failed your chemisty final and the "man" failed you for being black. thats why you now work a minimum wage job and drive a 15 year old caddilac with 3 rims and a hub cap with no heat. But damn i fought for what was right and we got it pretty good now with all the governemnt assistance and free school lunch i can save up enough to get you the new i phone for your birthday.

Flame suit on. bring it.........

enketchum
12/24/2014 2:13am
"require professors to exercise complete flexibility"
"students instead meet with their professor to simply discuss in groups their paper topics or if tests are taken collectively with professors there are ways to make sure we are learning what we are supposed to be learning..."

That last sentence really shows how little people know about education, even students. The way we see if students are learning what they are supposed to be learning is by making them take an individual assessment or to make something individually. The key is that the student produces the results individually. In my classroom, students only get a group quiz as their first quiz in each unit. Students build their way through the material and next take a quiz where they get 2 minutes to talk to those around them about whatever they want. Then the rest of the assessments are individual; to show what students know on their own.

If a college class is structured like they are writing about in this article, then I hope they get group paper discussions and tests with the professor. If a class is not structured this way, you registered and paid to take this class. You chose to adhere to the policies when you received the course syllabus and did not drop the class. College isn't high school. Your professors are not going to call your parents in for a meeting before you fail a class (like I do as a high school teacher). People fail in college. Professors don't care unless you care first! Failing means you either improve or you drop out. Sorry, rant over. I had this same conversation 12 times this week at 12 different parent meetings.
Sandberm
12/24/2014 3:56am
I personally think the racial problems that we currently have in this country stem not from too harsh of standards we place on blacks but rather that our standards and EXPECTATIONS of blacks are set TOO low.

Didnt Gingrich want to set up a mentor program for poor inner city youth to demonstrate to them what a good work ethic is? And of course...being a Republican....he got called a racist?

I'm sure any blacks that grew up during the 50's and 60's and couldnt go to college must be shaking their heads thinking, "Man, you kids just dont know how easy you got it".

IWreckALot
12/24/2014 4:28am
You guys are missing the point. . . KeyboardWarrior will be here shortly to explain why.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
12/24/2014 11:08am
black students at Columbia University and even Harvard Law requested an extension for semester final exams due to being “traumatized” by the grand jury rulings, riots and shootings.

So? Later in life and after graduation? Your Honor, I need an extension because there was traffic and shit going on outside my world that effected my ability to do my job because I was in an office and this caught my attention. Let's see how that works out.

I'd say they are "proper fucked." It's a competitive world. Eat or be eaten. Didn't do it, you get an F.
jeffro503
12/24/2014 12:52pm
Complete and utter bullshit is what it's about.

How many major tragic events have we had in our life time alone....or through history? And since 9/11 where just about every race on the planet was included in the death tally......why wouldn't any of those people ask for " Passing grades "? What about the 1 million other bad things that happen in this country alone every year?

Nice excuse to use. And no shame I guess in asking for it ( sarcasm alert! )

I swear to God man........if you think you can get a free fucking handout....why not ask for it?

The Rock
12/25/2014 10:35am
I swear to God man........if you think you can get a free fucking handout....why not ask for it?

Simple.....pride.
jeffro503
12/25/2014 10:36am
The Rock wrote:

Simple.....pride.
That was my point entirely. Which those people seem to be lacking.

Post a reply to: Wow! I should have taken off of work...

The Latest