Women are wired differently.

kongols
Edited Date/Time 9/19/2015 2:00pm
|
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
9/18/2015 6:01am
I think the issue is not that it validates women. The issue is, does it make the team better by having a woman.
Right now, the team is just better by knowing that they are made up of the best of the best. They don't have to be distracted. If a woman passes the testing they still are made up of the best of the best BUT they have an added
distraction of what do I do in this scenario as we all have an instinctive desire to protect the women. Do we
suppress that desire to focus on the mission? It's an added distraction that does not exist with the all male make up
of the team presently. Of course we also have that desire to protect our brother, but like it or not it's different.
The decision should be made on if it's going to benefit the team not society. However, I do see where the teams operate in plain sight and there are times where a female in the operation might help during a covert operation. It's not all crawling through the dark jungle. Pretty sure it's not just guys that are bad and they might need to infiltrate a women's environment too. Hard to argue that a woman wouldn't be of help then.
TM
IWreckALot
9/18/2015 6:19am
ToolMaker wrote:
I think the issue is not that it validates women. The issue is, does it make the team better by having a woman. Right now, the...
I think the issue is not that it validates women. The issue is, does it make the team better by having a woman.
Right now, the team is just better by knowing that they are made up of the best of the best. They don't have to be distracted. If a woman passes the testing they still are made up of the best of the best BUT they have an added
distraction of what do I do in this scenario as we all have an instinctive desire to protect the women. Do we
suppress that desire to focus on the mission? It's an added distraction that does not exist with the all male make up
of the team presently. Of course we also have that desire to protect our brother, but like it or not it's different.
The decision should be made on if it's going to benefit the team not society. However, I do see where the teams operate in plain sight and there are times where a female in the operation might help during a covert operation. It's not all crawling through the dark jungle. Pretty sure it's not just guys that are bad and they might need to infiltrate a women's environment too. Hard to argue that a woman wouldn't be of help then.
TM
Well said. Same thing goes for allowing any "group" of people in a military situation. Number one question that should be answered honestly without considering political correctness is, will this make us better or weaker.
Orange724
9/18/2015 7:56am
Typical media pushing headlines about "inequalities." The founder of that command is pretty much peaked in high school rob Lowe, but the seal version. He hasn't been allowed back at the command he started for decades.

The Shop

Orange724
9/18/2015 8:02am
Talk about taking a non issue and making it one. Can't say I heard any girls on deployments pushing to go jump in front of bullets. Shot ain't a video game out there.
SF45
9/18/2015 3:03pm
Kongols, are you saying men are left-brained and women and right-brained?
bronwynrayne
9/19/2015 9:52am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2015 9:52am
Yeah, we're wired terribly. Flawed design FOR SURE.
But dem titties and dat ass!
Hut
9/19/2015 2:00pm
You are actually pretty smart for a Boilermaker. Laughing

Post a reply to: Women are wired differently.

The Latest