Woman killed by whip cream dispenser?

dmc22tx
I've never heard of a pressurized whip cream dispenser aside from a bottle of Redi-Whip or whatever that you can get at any grocery store. Apparently these things have injured people before.

When you think of a potential victim, it certainly wouldn't be a fitness model.

Tragic. Condolences to family & friends.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/22/world/rebecca-burger-whipped-cream-instag…
|
MR. X
6/22/2017 3:00pm
I've only seen people use them to fill nitrous balloons .
Jrewing
6/22/2017 3:11pm
Snorting the gas from them. She O'd...

Hman144
Fantasy
714th
6/23/2017 9:00am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2017 9:07am
Hopefully the investigation will provide substantive info on what went wrong, but to assume the manufacturer was immediately at fault and should pay seems a bit premature.

Hundreds of millions of these containers have been in the hands of trifling idiots like me and they don't burst, let alone burst in such a way as to cause a fatality.

Me thinks there is more to it than a faulty manufacturer.

Edit: I just revisited the story to see if there was any updates, and this time there were pictures of the container in question. I had been assuming it was a store-bought pressurized container like Redi-Whip, but it turns out it's a do-it-yourself container that uses a CO2 cartridge. Makes me think even more that it was likely pilot error, but at the same time, trying to idiot-proof design something like this is next to impossible. Feel bad for the victim and her family. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Post a reply to: Woman killed by whip cream dispenser?

The Latest