Winter Storm

Old-Man
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2015 9:57pm
Watching the news tonight I see the Eastern states are getting Hammered with what the weather dude described it as "Thunder Blizzard".

Stay safe east coast Bro's and sisters let us know how you're dealing with it then send pics.
|
MR. X
1/26/2015 5:05pm
Pfft, 2-3 feet. We call that a dusting.
vet323
1/26/2015 5:06pm
October of 2013 we got 70" in a day and a half. I bet the east coast storm is smaller than that.

Having said that, I would rather be here dealing with 6' of snow than NYC with 2' of snow. At least we have places to dump it when we're shoveling out.
MR. X
1/26/2015 5:15pm
vet323 wrote:
October of 2013 we got 70" in a day and a half. I bet the east coast storm is smaller than that. Having said that, I...
October of 2013 we got 70" in a day and a half. I bet the east coast storm is smaller than that.

Having said that, I would rather be here dealing with 6' of snow than NYC with 2' of snow. At least we have places to dump it when we're shoveling out.
I would rather be in western NY and have 2 feet of shit fall from the sky then to be in NYC when its 70 and sunny. That fucking city is what is ruining new york state.
vet323
1/26/2015 6:10pm
vet323 wrote:
October of 2013 we got 70" in a day and a half. I bet the east coast storm is smaller than that. Having said that, I...

MR. X wrote:
I would rather be in western NY and have 2 feet of shit fall from the sky then to be in NYC when its 70 and...
I would rather be in western NY and have 2 feet of shit fall from the sky then to be in NYC when its 70 and sunny. That fucking city is what is ruining new york state.
LaughingLaughingLaughing

The Shop

sleeve1
Fantasy
1966th
1/26/2015 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2015 6:28pm
looks like a good week to go ice fishing here in NW PA.
brlatm
1/26/2015 6:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2015 6:58pm
vet323 wrote:

MR. X wrote:
I would rather be in western NY and have 2 feet of shit fall from the sky then to be in NYC when its 70 and...
I drove through NYC last winter headed to JFK to fly out and all I heard about coming into town on the radio station was "Stay off the roads, they are terrible from snowfall."

There was maybe 2" of snow on the ground, WTF????? Seriously some of those people that live in the city need to go somewhere that actually has snowfall and bad road conditions.

On a side note I hope it's not to shitty conditions though as I am flying up that way in a few days.
DPR250R
1/26/2015 6:44pm
brlatm wrote:
I drove through NYC last winter headed to JFK to fly out and all I heard about coming into town on the radio station was "Stay...
I drove through NYC last winter headed to JFK to fly out and all I heard about coming into town on the radio station was "Stay off the roads, they are terrible from snowfall."

There was maybe 2" of snow on the ground, WTF????? Seriously some of those people that live in the city need to go somewhere that actually has snowfall and bad road conditions.

On a side note I hope it's not to shitty conditions though as I am flying up that way in a few days.
Asshat here... in for the night. Waiting to see what actually happens. Sometimes this shit just blows over... all this panic for nothing.

Thanks for the concern op.

@brlatm - really hope your trip doesn't get messed up. It's always nice to have an out of towner come and educate us on snow driving.
GMalzee
1/26/2015 6:51pm
vet323 wrote:

MR. X wrote:
brlatm wrote:
I drove through NYC last winter headed to JFK to fly out and all I heard about coming into town on the radio station was "Stay...

There's a lot more to poor winter driver conditions than the number of feet of snow. Some of the worst driving conditions I have been in were under 6 inches.
brlatm
1/26/2015 6:51pm
DPR250R wrote:
Asshat here... in for the night. Waiting to see what actually happens. Sometimes this shit just blows over... all this panic for nothing. Thanks for the...
Asshat here... in for the night. Waiting to see what actually happens. Sometimes this shit just blows over... all this panic for nothing.

@brlatm - really hope your trip doesn't get messed up. It's always nice to have an out of towner come and educate us on snow driving.
Wasn't trying to educate you on your driving..... Just the sky is falling scenario I was hearing on the radio driving into town was proportionally overblown. So apologies for the asshat comment that was maybe a little harsh. Smile

Old-Man
1/26/2015 6:55pm
brlatm wrote:

DPR250R wrote:
Asshat here... in for the night. Waiting to see what actually happens. Sometimes this shit just blows over... all this panic for nothing. Thanks for the...

No Problem DP, Thats the problem when you send out a concern on a public forum. You get all the "ASSHATS" out in droves letting everybody know how tough they are.
Those people are badly needed on the front lines defending our country, God knows we need more Badass Military folks killing off Terrorism then being here in the states kickin it on the keyboard.
brlatm
1/26/2015 6:55pm
GMalzee wrote:
There's a lot more to poor winter driver conditions than the number of feet of snow. Some of the worst driving conditions I have been in...
There's a lot more to poor winter driver conditions than the number of feet of snow. Some of the worst driving conditions I have been in were under 6 inches.
Totally agreed on that statement, iced over black ice roads suck! I have driven in 40 out of the 50 states and I would take the wet heavy snow over a Chinook winds and cold freezing temps any day of the week. The situation I was referring to was 2" of wet snow and the temps were right about the freezing point so it was slushy.
DPR250R
1/26/2015 7:46pm
The news does overdo it. I get why though. People need to stay off the roads for multiple reasons. The guys up all night plowing should to not have to worry about backing over someone. The police should not need to rescue someone that shouldn't have been on the road to begin with... etc...etc..

I think we can all agree the the general public contains its share of asshats (of course... Vital members are not included in that group) and around here mixing a high population of asshats in with shitty weather.. creates trouble.

Side note... I had to email a vendor in Colorado and tell them I would most likely have to run a conference call from home tomorrow due to snow. I am sure they were chuckling... like.. yeah... this guy don't know snow.

1/26/2015 8:00pm
10:55 pm in central Connecticut (yes we are actually a state) and only about 2 inches new snow on the ground. Calling for 2 to 3 feet, and honestly that's a lot for around here, we are a wanna be winter state and half the time we get rain.
Olson
1/27/2015 4:35am
Over 3000 flights cancelled out of JFK, EWR, LGA and BOS. Flights from Europe are reduced into New York area and waiting for information if they can fly back. Most if not all of United Airlines flights will be cancelled from today on. Also reduced staff at the airports. Stay away if you have the option. Poor people using aviation to commute with a have-to-try clause.
71Fish
1/27/2015 5:21am
With global warming/climate change/climate disruption, every storm is the storm of the century. It's winter, it is supposed to snow and it is supposed to be cold, especially in the NE.
Old-Man
1/27/2015 8:04am
Haaa Built up by the media and once again fell way short of what "they were hoping for" ~ Al Roker

Dude honestly said this
DPR250R
1/27/2015 8:16am
Yeah... pretty much a "bust" by me (20 mins west of EWR). A lot of CYA on TV now.
Uncle Tony
1/27/2015 9:10am
DPR250R wrote:
Yeah... pretty much a "bust" by me (20 mins west of EWR). A lot of CYA on TV now.
Yeah the news over hyped it again, it's not so bad here on Long Island, our local news scared the shit out of everyone
vet323
1/27/2015 9:18am
GMalzee wrote:
There's a lot more to poor winter driver conditions than the number of feet of snow. Some of the worst driving conditions I have been in...
brlatm wrote:
Totally agreed on that statement, iced over black ice roads suck! I have driven in 40 out of the 50 states and I would take the...
Totally agreed on that statement, iced over black ice roads suck! I have driven in 40 out of the 50 states and I would take the wet heavy snow over a Chinook winds and cold freezing temps any day of the week. The situation I was referring to was 2" of wet snow and the temps were right about the freezing point so it was slushy.
Just saw this exchange- I can assure you that Brian (brlatm) knows what crappy winter driving is all about.
PalerBlue
1/27/2015 9:36am
DPR250R wrote:
Uncle Tony wrote:
Yeah the news over hyped it again, it's not so bad here on Long Island, our local news scared the shit out of everyone
I don't think it was the media issuing $300 fines for motorist taking to the roads! The land of the free my arse......
1/27/2015 9:37am
Storm took a more easterly path and missed most of northeast. Cape Cod, R.I. and Boston got hit pretty good. Downeast Maine probably the worst. I'm in central Connecticut and only about 18" to 24" here. NOT the storm of the century for sure.
peelout
1/27/2015 10:09am
the year i buy a brand new snowmobile is the worst fucking snow season in like 10 years, yet the East is getting HAMMERED...

on a less selfish note, i hope everyone affected is able to stay safe and out of harms way
Old-Man
1/27/2015 10:34am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2015 10:35am
peelout wrote:
the year i buy a brand new snowmobile is the worst fucking snow season in like 10 years, yet the East is getting HAMMERED... on a...
the year i buy a brand new snowmobile is the worst fucking snow season in like 10 years, yet the East is getting HAMMERED...

on a less selfish note, i hope everyone affected is able to stay safe and out of harms way
No shit, been in the mid 60's here all week. 65 now supposed to get to 70 today.

Not that i'm complaining mind you, my old broken bones can dig it
scooter5002
1/27/2015 10:47am
MR. X wrote:
Pfft, 2-3 feet. We call that a dusting.
In July. Shit gets real in late November.
scooter5002
1/27/2015 11:03am
vet323 wrote:
Just saw this exchange- I can assure you that Brian (brlatm) knows what crappy winter driving is all about.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. No love for ol' scooter?
Uncle Tony
1/27/2015 11:27am
DPR250R wrote:
Uncle Tony wrote:
PalerBlue wrote:
I don't think it was the media issuing $300 fines for motorist taking to the roads! The land of the free my arse......
2 years ago we had a pretty big storm on Long Island, 2 days prior the town supervisor took off on holiday in the Bahamas, his assistant who was suppose to take care of business, took off on vacation also, needless to say Long Island was declared a disaster area, it took 3 days to dig out of 28 inches, the gov didn't want that to happen again, so he said he would issue summons in an effort to keep people off the roads, the fines didn't seem to stop people from driving around away, but you're right paler, it doesn't sound like land of the free, oh New York, got to love it
vet323
1/27/2015 12:52pm
vet323 wrote:
Dude! You KNOW how much I love you!
brlatm
1/27/2015 4:59pm
vet323 wrote:
No, now get back in that smoke wagon and haul some oil Biotch!!! You know I love me some Scooter baby!
scooter5002
1/27/2015 9:52pm
vet323 wrote:
vet323 wrote:
Dude! You KNOW how much I love you!
Aw shucks , stop it, I'm BLUSHING. Laughing

Post a reply to: Winter Storm

The Latest