Wildlife mounts...

MR. X
7/30/2015 9:14am

I'm so manly that the deer I kill look like this.
P
7/30/2015 9:35am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2015 9:35am
P wrote:
Question. Why are people so proud to kill an animal, stuff it, and hang it on their wall? Just asking.

P
huck wrote:
Why do people wear leopard print clothes? Why do people hang another man's MX jersey on their way? Why do people wear their pants down so...
Why do people wear leopard print clothes? Why do people hang another man's MX jersey on their way? Why do people wear their pants down so low that their underwear show?

Just asking?
I'd rather read your honest answer instead of another question.

P

The Shop

7/30/2015 10:07am
P wrote:
Question. Why are people so proud to kill an animal, stuff it, and hang it on their wall? Just asking.

P
For me hunting usually means a lot of hardship and work. I hunt public land in the west, no feeders, no fences, no whitetails fattened up on corn. Months of scouting ahead of time and miles of hiking at altitude. Horns and mounts remind you of the hardship it took to harvest that animal if you are fortunate enough to get a once a lifetime animal you have a it mounted for the same purpose. Me personally I hunt for meat but if I drop a large mule deer I would definitely have it mounted.
P
7/30/2015 10:14am
P wrote:

P
For me hunting usually means a lot of hardship and work. I hunt public land in the west, no feeders, no fences, no whitetails fattened up...
For me hunting usually means a lot of hardship and work. I hunt public land in the west, no feeders, no fences, no whitetails fattened up on corn. Months of scouting ahead of time and miles of hiking at altitude. Horns and mounts remind you of the hardship it took to harvest that animal if you are fortunate enough to get a once a lifetime animal you have a it mounted for the same purpose. Me personally I hunt for meat but if I drop a large mule deer I would definitely have it mounted.
Thanks for the honest answer. I can get with the hunting for the meat, but I don't think that I'd ever hang the entire head or animal. I might hang the antlers though.

To each his own.

P
huck
7/30/2015 10:16am
P wrote:

P
huck wrote:
Why do people wear leopard print clothes? Why do people hang another man's MX jersey on their way? Why do people wear their pants down so...
Why do people wear leopard print clothes? Why do people hang another man's MX jersey on their way? Why do people wear their pants down so low that their underwear show?

Just asking?
P wrote:

P
I enjoy hunting and eating certain animals. For food and for sport. Believe it or not, but my hunting puts money into the birds I hunt. It helps build their habitat and buys public 'rest areas' for those birds.

I hang some on the walls because i think they are pretty. The two I posted in this thread are two that were taken while hunting with my kids last winter. The wood duck was the first bird that my daughter ever took part in...and the widgeon was the first widgeon my son had shot. So now, when I see them, it makes me happy thinking about a great day with my kids....and teaching them something other than how to be thug, play a video game, or any of the other things that parents that don't spend time with their children, teach.

you can choose to understand, or you can choose not to. I give zero fucks, as next duck season I'll be out there again.

P
7/30/2015 1:09pm
huck wrote:

Just asking?
P wrote:

P
huck wrote:
I enjoy hunting and eating certain animals. For food and for sport. Believe it or not, but my hunting puts money into the birds I hunt...
I enjoy hunting and eating certain animals. For food and for sport. Believe it or not, but my hunting puts money into the birds I hunt. It helps build their habitat and buys public 'rest areas' for those birds.

I hang some on the walls because i think they are pretty. The two I posted in this thread are two that were taken while hunting with my kids last winter. The wood duck was the first bird that my daughter ever took part in...and the widgeon was the first widgeon my son had shot. So now, when I see them, it makes me happy thinking about a great day with my kids....and teaching them something other than how to be thug, play a video game, or any of the other things that parents that don't spend time with their children, teach.

you can choose to understand, or you can choose not to. I give zero fucks, as next duck season I'll be out there again.

You started off good, but turned into an asshole at the end.

P
huck
7/30/2015 1:20pm
P wrote:

P
huck wrote:
I enjoy hunting and eating certain animals. For food and for sport. Believe it or not, but my hunting puts money into the birds I hunt...

P wrote:
You started off good, but turned into an asshole at the end.

P
Let me check... yep, still total number of give a fucks that I have for you is ZERO.
XXVoid MainXX
7/30/2015 2:18pm
He didn't turn into an asshole at the end. He's always been an asshole. Smile
huck
7/30/2015 2:28pm
He didn't turn into an asshole at the end. He's always been an asshole. Smile
But I'm your asshole!

huck
7/30/2015 2:36pm
You ARE my asshole! Smile
Do you want to 'mount' my asshole?
Titan1
7/30/2015 2:52pm
Monster Elk, right? LOL My grandfather owns a 6,000 acre ranch, and he gave me the opportunity to harvest an elk on it...my wife and I were a little tight on cash and i thought it would be a good way to put some food in the freezer. And it was. I won't kill another one unless I'm in a similar situation (these days we buy a half a beef, a pig, from the rancher down the road every year...no need for me to kill anything).

MR. X
7/30/2015 4:06pm
huck wrote:
I already did, don't you remember? Smile
You guys are funny.
huck
7/31/2015 7:01am
huck wrote:
I already did, don't you remember? Smile
was this the night?

Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
7/31/2015 7:15am
huck wrote:

Just asking?
P wrote:

P
huck wrote:

Huck has never hit one so he has to get his kids to shoot them, that made me laugh Smile

Post a reply to: Wildlife mounts...

The Latest