Why do I get a Spanish newspaper each day in my driveway

teggers
7/27/2015 1:44am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2015 11:19am
Orlando Sentinel.
Just curious.
My 87 year old mom pays for the same thing in English. (She won't stop.)
|
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1185th
7/27/2015 2:28am
No hablo inglés...Silly
borg
7/27/2015 6:08am
I called a car dealership once and the receptionist answered in Spanish. How long until the automated phone systems ask you to "press 1" for English?

The Shop

h&m_cycle
7/27/2015 8:26am
Don't make me break out the Indian...EvilLaughingWhistlingSilly

Bob693
7/27/2015 8:38am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2015 8:42am
borg wrote:
I called a car dealership once and the receptionist answered in Spanish. How long until the automated phone systems ask you to "press 1" for English?
I went to a Nissan dealership several years ago and all the sells reps were Hispanic and the guy trying to help us couldn't really speak English. He kept asking if we could speak Spanish and would repeat "I make you good deal, you buy today", so we left and bought our car from another dealer.
The Rock
7/27/2015 3:11pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
Don't make me break out the Indian...:evil: :laugh: :whistle: :silly: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/07/27/98881/s1200_tumblr_n0umm2vWVE1sjd3p8o1_400.jpg[/img]
Don't make me break out the Indian...EvilLaughingWhistlingSilly

Always a good response to white entitlement.

Answer to your question is you live in a area with a lot of Hispanics obviously. I did in Southern California because that whole area used to be Mexico.

Bob693-you obviously weren't in Little Tokyo. What part of town was this?
Bob693
7/27/2015 5:01pm
The Rock wrote:
Always a good response to white entitlement. Answer to your question is you live in a area with a lot of Hispanics obviously. I did in...
Always a good response to white entitlement.

Answer to your question is you live in a area with a lot of Hispanics obviously. I did in Southern California because that whole area used to be Mexico.

Bob693-you obviously weren't in Little Tokyo. What part of town was this?
It was off I-45 on the north side of Houston. While we have different people who live all over town, it wasn't in a heavily Hispanic part of town.
mxenthusiast
7/27/2015 5:48pm
teggers wrote:
Orlando Sentinel.
Just curious.
Who gives a F*ck. If you don't want it, trash it, otherwise, read it.

Not a big deal man.

Actually, the smart thing to do is learn Spanish. Not sure if you know this, almost all economic growth in the US is via the Hispanic market. By 2075, 100% of US population growth is expected to be Hispanic.

Unless non-hispanic Americans start having babies like crazy, we are a dying breed.
borg
7/27/2015 6:06pm
teggers wrote:
Orlando Sentinel.
Just curious.
Who gives a F*ck. If you don't want it, trash it, otherwise, read it. Not a big deal man. Actually, the smart thing to do is...

Not a big deal man.

Actually, the smart thing to do is learn Spanish. Not sure if you know this, almost all economic growth in the US is via the Hispanic market. By 2075, 100% of US population growth is expected to be Hispanic.

Unless non-hispanic Americans start having babies like crazy, we are a dying breed.
I think the smart thing for Spanish speaking people here to do is learn English. The smart ones do. Most second generation Hispanics do. Where I lived in Norwalk, it was predominately Hispanic. Very few spoke only Spanish. Mainly recent immigrants and some older ones that stayed confined to small communities. Why the hell would I need to learn Spanish? Because some dumbass delivered the wrong paper?
mxenthusiast
7/27/2015 6:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2015 7:50pm
teggers wrote:
Orlando Sentinel.
Just curious.
Who gives a F*ck. If you don't want it, trash it, otherwise, read it. Not a big deal man. Actually, the smart thing to do is...

Not a big deal man.

borg wrote:
I think the smart thing for Spanish speaking people here to do is learn English. The smart ones do. Most second generation Hispanics do. Where I...
I think the smart thing for Spanish speaking people here to do is learn English. The smart ones do. Most second generation Hispanics do. Where I lived in Norwalk, it was predominately Hispanic. Very few spoke only Spanish. Mainly recent immigrants and some older ones that stayed confined to small communities. Why the hell would I need to learn Spanish? Because some dumbass delivered the wrong paper?
Of course, almost all Hispanics learn/know English. Even if they speak to you in Spanish, they probably know English. There are the very old and/or fresh of the boat Hispanics that haven't learned English yet, but most Hispanics in the US actually do speak English.

The US has no national language, so there is no proper language to speak here. Its a free for all.

As the US population becomes more and more Hispanic, the English language will become more and more obsolete.

But, who really cares. Language is just a sound that comes out of a mouth. No reason to become nationalistic over noises made by vocal cords in a human throat.

As my wife jokes, what do you call a person who knows two languages, "bilingual", what do you call a person who knows three languages "trilingual", what do you call a person who knows one language, "American"
The Rock
7/27/2015 8:21pm
borg wrote:
I think the smart thing for Spanish speaking people here to do is learn English. The smart ones do. Most second generation Hispanics do. Where I...
Most Euros know two languages if not three or more. A good reason was given for learning Spanish.
Chu
7/27/2015 10:53pm
It was a few hundred years back?.
The Rock
7/28/2015 2:10am
Chu wrote:
Name calling. Seriously? Labeling is such a black and white issue (not in the racial sense) and I'm all for stopping the judging and labeling and just get back to being Americans first then this political BS later.

Here is my volley: The Conservatives have done a such wonderful job in the Middle East although the majority of them have amnesia regarding who is responsible for ISIS.

Denial is not a river in Egypt.
IWreckALot
7/28/2015 5:02am
Chu wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Name calling. Seriously? Labeling is such a black and white issue (not in the racial sense) and I'm all for stopping the judging and labeling and...
Name calling. Seriously? Labeling is such a black and white issue (not in the racial sense) and I'm all for stopping the judging and labeling and just get back to being Americans first then this political BS later.

Here is my volley: The Conservatives have done a such wonderful job in the Middle East although the majority of them have amnesia regarding who is responsible for ISIS.

Denial is not a river in Egypt.
I'm convinced that there is no winning path in the middle east. Withdrawing troops has as many cons as it does pros. Helping them only hurts them. There is no way for the US to look good in that situation. If we're going to be made the assholes to the world, why not be assholes and take their oil?

As for this Spanish newspaper, I really dislike the liberalism in America, but it's a bit of a stretch to blame a newspaper that arrived in your driveway on the liberals.

I do agree that America should declare the national language as English.

Lastly, the Indian thing, we need to sweep that argument under the carpet. Last thing we need is another entitled minority group who's opinion automatically matters more than the majority.
Uncle Tony
7/28/2015 6:05am
My parents came from Italy and spoke English to me growing up, yes I can speak Italian, I was raised in Spanish Harlem, yes I can speak Spanish, I'm proud to be an American and English is the language spoken here in this country, but I guess that's just me
borg
7/28/2015 7:09am
The Rock wrote:
Most Euros know two languages if not three or more. A good reason was given for learning Spanish.
A good reason was given for learning Spanish.

Where?

In Europe, there are many different languages spoken within a relatively small area. There is a real benefit to learning at least a couple of those. Especially since the advent of the European union.

Again, unless I plan to do a lot of traveling to Mexico, Central or South America, what would be my reason or need to learn Spanish? Also, if I actually decided to move to one of those countries, I would be conversational in Spanish in a matter of a couple of months.
hillbilly
7/28/2015 11:19am
I have a mater farm up the road. Ever morning a old bus goes by full of pickers.

In the evening it goes back and stops at the river store,if you go in after there is no beer left on the shelves,well,Mexican beers are still there.

Post a reply to: Why do I get a Spanish newspaper each day in my driveway

The Latest