Why didnt Steve Perry perform w/Journey at HOF induction?

kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
I find the whole Steve Perry thing mysterious. Health problems (hip) was what he said kept him from staying w/the band in the first place. But why not just one night or one song? I mean he was with the band for induction. He has recorded a new solo album so not a voice thing.

Inquiring minds want to know.
|
scooter5002
4/8/2017 8:04am
From everything I've heard, Perry HATES Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain. Stems from them showing up at his house a lot of years ago, and basically demanding he tour with the band, while an album was still hot. Raised on Radio, I believe. Perry was outraged, and the rest is history.
Hut
4/8/2017 8:10am
Here ya go, no wait that just the bears new quarterback,
Mike Glennon......Sad

Cygnus
4/8/2017 9:23am
The guys is a total douche bag. That's all. Way back when they were doing a autograph session at my stepdicks record shop and he freaked out when someone lit up a cigarette. I mean total meltdown type shit. How dare you smoke around me and just tripping. Never listened to that crap again. Wheel in the sky was about the only song I cared for anyways so no great loss.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/8/2017 9:34am
Actually, he did. Perry watched it and they met!

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/8/2017 9:36am
Cygnus wrote:
The guys is a total douche bag. That's all. Way back when they were doing a autograph session at my stepdicks record shop and he freaked...
The guys is a total douche bag. That's all. Way back when they were doing a autograph session at my stepdicks record shop and he freaked out when someone lit up a cigarette. I mean total meltdown type shit. How dare you smoke around me and just tripping. Never listened to that crap again. Wheel in the sky was about the only song I cared for anyways so no great loss.
Between this and what Scooter said, that is about the only thing that makes sense. Must have some real issues. Sounds stupid from the outside looking in.
Mr. G
4/8/2017 9:42am
Steve seemed pretty gracious with the rest of the band. Did you hear the crowd when it was Steve's time to speak? The man is loved.
My guess is because he is older he may have lost too much range and didn't want to tarnish our memory forever. It's normal to lose range. There are exceptions but rare. Just a guess though.
Hut
4/8/2017 10:02am
I couldn't care less about awards shows or hof inductions. It's all just pop culture that does not appeal to me. But way back in 8th grade slow dancing to journey songs at the school dance with my girlfriend. Oh those were good times Tongue
JAFO92
4/8/2017 12:11pm
I think Cyg is right, Perry is a nutjob and HATES Schon. (Schon is a bit of a kook also) Them two have been butting heads since their manager basically told them Steve Perry was gonna front the band like it or not. (Schon wanted nothing to do with Perrys style or sound) After the money started rolling in Neil just went with it cuz it was a huge cash wave they were surfing on for a long time. And when that hip thing came up and Perry was playing prima donna, they finally said 'fuck it', we're moving on. (and I dont blame them)

Steve cant hit the notes on them old tunes like he used to anyway, and his ego/pride wouldnt let him take the mic.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/8/2017 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2017 12:19pm
Hut wrote:
I couldn't care less about awards shows or hof inductions. It's all just pop culture that does not appeal to me. But way back in 8th...
I couldn't care less about awards shows or hof inductions. It's all just pop culture that does not appeal to me. But way back in 8th grade slow dancing to journey songs at the school dance with my girlfriend. Oh those were good times Tongue
You have no idea how identical your comments and my thoughts are. Down to the 8th grade. TBH, I didnt watch it, saw it somewhere and have always been curious about the Perry deal. Figured one song is doable if it isnt a voice thing. He has recorded a new solo album, so, its not that (or at least not a voice deal that he cant sing at all). Weird deal.
JAFO92
4/8/2017 12:34pm
kzizok wrote:
You have no idea how identical your comments and my thoughts are. Down to the 8th grade. TBH, I didnt watch it, saw it somewhere and...
You have no idea how identical your comments and my thoughts are. Down to the 8th grade. TBH, I didnt watch it, saw it somewhere and have always been curious about the Perry deal. Figured one song is doable if it isnt a voice thing. He has recorded a new solo album, so, its not that (or at least not a voice deal that he cant sing at all). Weird deal.
Make no mistake, it IS a singing thing. He cannot hit that shit like 35+ years ago.
Mr. G
4/8/2017 3:21pm
Did you guys listen to Steve's speech? No way in hell he hates Neal. It seemed totally heartfelt. He also acknowledged crew members that had passed away, he was the only one to do so.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/8/2017 3:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2017 3:25pm
kzizok wrote:
You have no idea how identical your comments and my thoughts are. Down to the 8th grade. TBH, I didnt watch it, saw it somewhere and...
JAFO92 wrote:
Make no mistake, it IS a singing thing. He cannot hit that shit like 35+ years ago.
Yeah, no. I meant since he has recorded a solo album, recently, that it isn't a matter of complete singing voice failure, that was rumored. So, that is what made me wonder why he didnt at least do one song. I kind of always thought he wasn't singing with them because he could no longer sing to the level he used to, but never really knew, or know. Kind of like an ego thing.
Sully
4/8/2017 5:28pm
I'm actually OK with Tupac being in the HoF. I hate the fact that Joan Baez was inducted but Bad Brains wasn't, though.

Post a reply to: Why didnt Steve Perry perform w/Journey at HOF induction?

The Latest