Who rides BMX

Dtat720
9/21/2016 8:20am
freeh wrote:
I was checking out Chase too. Probably a little out of my price range for junior's first bmx. I don't know what to look for in...
I was checking out Chase too. Probably a little out of my price range for junior's first bmx. I don't know what to look for in components, so I am hoping an entry-level bike is good to get him started. I would guess a $500 is better than a $300 bike, but I am not sure if it is worth it to him just yet.

Thanks for the info on sites to order from. I tried every local shop within 50 miles and nobody carries anything in stock. Most don't even carry a line of bmx at all.
Dont be fooled by price. There are $300 bikes with better components than $500 bikes. Your best bet is to buy a used racer from the track or some of the bmx swap pages on facebook. You can get some $12-1500 rigs for 4-500 all day long.
freeh
9/21/2016 10:49am
freeh wrote:
I was checking out Chase too. Probably a little out of my price range for junior's first bmx. I don't know what to look for in...
I was checking out Chase too. Probably a little out of my price range for junior's first bmx. I don't know what to look for in components, so I am hoping an entry-level bike is good to get him started. I would guess a $500 is better than a $300 bike, but I am not sure if it is worth it to him just yet.

Thanks for the info on sites to order from. I tried every local shop within 50 miles and nobody carries anything in stock. Most don't even carry a line of bmx at all.
hvaughn88 wrote:
Sent you a PM
I never got the PM, and I just realized my profile has the wrong email address. It won't let me update it for some reason. Anyway, thanks for the info. I bought him a Haro Annex Pro XL from Danscomp this morning. Hope he likes it.
hvaughn88
9/21/2016 11:46am
freeh wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:
Sent you a PM
freeh wrote:
I never got the PM, and I just realized my profile has the wrong email address. It won't let me update it for some reason. Anyway...
I never got the PM, and I just realized my profile has the wrong email address. It won't let me update it for some reason. Anyway, thanks for the info. I bought him a Haro Annex Pro XL from Danscomp this morning. Hope he likes it.
Oh dang, my bad for not seeing it last night. Congrats on the purchase, such a cool sport to do together.
ocscottie
9/21/2016 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 9/21/2016 3:55pm
Freeh, you have your email address in your profile not filled out correctly so i could not reply to your PM, you have no @ sign in it.

Go to your profile, update email and add that in.Its under the section "Modify Personal Information"

The Shop

MX_Andrew83
9/21/2016 7:10pm
Wow, Jaycee park in your first pic. I put in some hours at that place.
freeh
9/22/2016 6:25am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Oh dang, my bad for not seeing it last night. Congrats on the purchase, such a cool sport to do together.
Scottie fixed my email address. Can you resend your PM?
His bike should get here tomorrow. He is going to be so damn happy.
hvaughn88
9/25/2016 5:10pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
freeh wrote:
Scottie fixed my email address. Can you resend your PM?
His bike should get here tomorrow. He is going to be so damn happy.
It was the discount code. I was hoping to get it to you before you bought the bike. Holler at me if you're gonna order anything else and I'll send you one
hvaughn88
9/25/2016 5:13pm
What an awesome weekend of racing! We had our state championship race this weekend and it was such a great time. My son and I both got 3rd in our classes and got these badass metal plaques. We are very fortunate to have such a kickass track manager. He puts in some long hours and is a volunteer.

JM485
9/25/2016 5:36pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
What an awesome weekend of racing! We had our state championship race this weekend and it was such a great time. My son and I both...
What an awesome weekend of racing! We had our state championship race this weekend and it was such a great time. My son and I both got 3rd in our classes and got these badass metal plaques. We are very fortunate to have such a kickass track manager. He puts in some long hours and is a volunteer.

That's awesome, congrats on the finishes! I'll never forget traveling to state races when I was younger, it was pretty much always the same kids in each class so we all had a lot of fun. I remember they used to do a pitbike race at the end that got pretty competitive, we even had heats and a main one year there were so many kids and adults with little 16" bikes!Laughing

Way to keep it fun, that's how it should be.
MR. X
9/25/2016 6:41pm
That's really great .
Shannon ward
9/26/2016 9:46am
Got a nice ride I'd like to possibly sell if interested. No expenses where spared in this build all custom from frame up 21TT S&M whammo trans purple 48h rear ratchet hub with g sport ribcages animal BB ANIMAL AKIMBO CRANKS MERRIT SEAT MERRIT PEDALS ANIMAL PIVOTAL POST S&M enduro stem S&M fubars merrit grips odyssey keychain etc....bike is in killer shape been rode very little only a few minor blemishes from normal riding no dents or ding anywhere an easy 8 if not 9 outta 10!!

freeh
10/2/2016 4:56pm
Jr. had his first race today. Came home first in 13 Novice! Very proud of him. Now he wants to put a pump track in our postage stamp sized backyard. haha

hvaughn88
10/2/2016 5:07pm
Nice! That's badass. Congrats to your son!
Dtat720
10/2/2016 5:42pm
My son is getting out of racing now, selling his race rig. Less than a year old. Built it in January, raced it 6 times, practiced 10 times on it. It only sees the track, never ridden at home. He has a twin set up for sprints and etc. 2015 DK race frame, shimano saints 175 cranks, rennen 44t, elevn bars, elevn 20mm fork, box brake lever with shimano dxr brakes, shimano m-system cable, morphine stem, box 1 piece seat and post, gramlite instant engagement hubs mixed laced 3 cross front and rear, forward spokes are white stainless, reverse spokes are natural titanium, alloy nipples on envy lite rims. Dth 1.75 tires, 3 sets of shimano pedals. Asking $650 shipped

I built the bike, i machined and built the hubs, i laced the wheels. All bearings have been treated with tungsten disulfide and spin for days. Also have a set of almost new profile elite hubs laced to alienation runaway/ deviants. Red hubs, chrome spokes, red nipples, black rims, radial lace front and 3 cross rear, used 5 times. Comes with 16t ti cog. $350

Prairieboy43
10/2/2016 6:13pm
Always wanted to do it. Raced mx instead. We had a large mound dirt at school. Placed big wood ramp at bottom. Still had Bannana bike at time. We set the angle of jump, steep. No one wanted to be first. I went for it. Hit the ramp, got some good air.....then front wheel fell off, S&@t Fork plunged into dirt, while I cartwheeled inside frame, narrowly missing the rear riser on the banana frame. As I got up, blood flowing, looked up at top mound. No one would try after that. Stuck with mx. Safer. Woohoo
Rockinar
10/3/2016 9:52pm
My 1984 Diamond Back Harry Leary Turbo.

dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
10/6/2016 4:57am
one of my local bmx tracks....1979?
10/7/2016 1:11pm
seth505 wrote:
Not quite the same as racing (and I'm on a mtb) but we have a sick skatepark here in San Diego with a skatercross course that...
Not quite the same as racing (and I'm on a mtb) but we have a sick skatepark here in San Diego with a skatercross course that is super fun.

this is about one mile from my house. I was wondering what the new ramp section was. I haven't been there in 2 years. I may have to check it out again.
Old-Man
10/7/2016 2:18pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
What an awesome weekend of racing! We had our state championship race this weekend and it was such a great time. My son and I both...

Thats BadAss Dude!
Nothing like having a blast with Family,
Memories forever!
three9zero
10/7/2016 4:22pm
1-1-1 for me in 40+ cruiser and 1-2-2 for Mason in 5&Under. Best time ever. Racing myself keeps me from being a Phyco "Tony Alessi". I'm so pumped that Jr. is loving racing and riding. Our local club races every Monday and Wednesday from May to October. Next year we are going to hit the provincial races on Sundays.

7/18/2017 6:12pm
I just dug up some old pics when I was a bmx junkie. first pic was the biggest jump I ever hit.

7/19/2017 1:46pm
imoto34 wrote:
Got the itch again. My last bike was a s&m i built with a free coaster and brake less. Used to ride concrete parks and Fl...
Got the itch again.

My last bike was a s&m i built with a free coaster and brake less. Used to ride concrete parks and Fl street along with the trail jumps I had build that was shitty and very sketchy after the 110 rutted the faces and cased them all

Whats everyone else riding?
Ive also just recently started to get the itch.

I'll be buying a Carbon GT soon and building a trick race bike and going to the track again. It's been a good 20 years since I last raced.
JM485
7/19/2017 6:55pm
Got a killer session in last night while I'm on vacation, these jumps are unreal fun. I would kill to have anything like this where I live, every time I get on my bike I'm just a much happier person.

Mx746
7/20/2017 8:39am

Lived for bmx growing up. (#31) my son rides now we have a fantastic program around Atlanta.

Post a reply to: Who rides BMX

The Latest