Who The Fuck Is Paul McCartney!? - Kanye West X Jennifer Lawrence X Pegboard Nerds

steed 2.0
Edited Date/Time 1/14/2015 8:58am
Free Download

|
Spydee
1/13/2015 4:59am
No Tony, he's still alive! Laughing
Spydee
1/13/2015 5:00am
Maybe you're thinking of John Lennon lol he died in 1980.
Uncle Tony
1/13/2015 5:05am
Oh thanks spydee, can't wait for formula one to start up,I'm going crazy here,it's arctic outside, hey see you changed your avatar by putting a bike on it? Was the old one from the librarian's?

The Shop

Spydee
1/13/2015 5:14am
Same! We should dig out our F1 thread, we'll be needing that again when the teams debut their new cars at the end of the month!

Haha yeah, I thought I'd need something a bit more unique so I dabbled at photoshop for a bit and created this new one in about ten minutes lol had to keep the dragon though!

Hope you're holding up there in the cold, It's pretty chilly here too!
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
1/13/2015 5:31am
It's a sad commentary on our culture that this idiot and his hideously bad "music" continue to occupy any space in the public consciousness.

The end is near.

H
1/13/2015 7:16am
If you think about it, McCartney is an old person's artist now. He's old, his fans are old, and he hasn't had a hit song in a long time. The man is in his freaking 70s.

Imagine its 1985 and a bunch of fans got fired up that kids didn't know who Bing Crosby was. That's about the equivalent here.
rosebud441
1/13/2015 8:17am
You are all clueless McCartney, the Beattles basically wrote the bible of pop/rock/psychedelic music that has been tirelessly copied for the last 40 some years... good lord..

Some of Paul McCartney stuff with Wings is still great shit ... I am a huge fan of that geezer and i am not THAT old
Sandberm
1/13/2015 8:21am
If you think about it, McCartney is an old person's artist now. He's old, his fans are old, and he hasn't had a hit song in...
If you think about it, McCartney is an old person's artist now. He's old, his fans are old, and he hasn't had a hit song in a long time. The man is in his freaking 70s.

Imagine its 1985 and a bunch of fans got fired up that kids didn't know who Bing Crosby was. That's about the equivalent here.
Saw a documentary a month or so ago on PBS about Bing Crosby. He was a demanding perfectionist and his wife I think died of alcoholism while he was in France making a movie.

His sons were all effed up becuase they could never please dad...I believe one of them comitted suicide, the others had alcohol problems.

I wonder what Kanye thinks about "White Christmas"?Tongue
1/13/2015 8:31am
rosebud441 wrote:
You are all clueless McCartney, the Beattles basically wrote the bible of pop/rock/psychedelic music that has been tirelessly copied for the last 40 some years... good...
You are all clueless McCartney, the Beattles basically wrote the bible of pop/rock/psychedelic music that has been tirelessly copied for the last 40 some years... good lord..

Some of Paul McCartney stuff with Wings is still great shit ... I am a huge fan of that geezer and i am not THAT old
I am not doubting the man's contribution to modern music, I am just saying that before you know it, times change. Even icons drop away from public view.
I bet you Wings is totally unknown among young people. Shit, I met some kids a few years ago that had never heard of the Police!
Sting? Andy Summers? (crickets- no idea who they were)
rosebud441
1/13/2015 8:50am
Yeah i know its sad.. I hear stolen riffs, samples and down right plagiarism in todays music, And i do listen to new shit constantly and there is good NEW music, but they have bands like Police, Bealtles (the list goes on) to call influences or in most cases just downright steal music from.. Its not that hard.

1/13/2015 10:08am
rosebud441 wrote:
Yeah i know its sad.. I hear stolen riffs, samples and down right plagiarism in todays music, And i do listen to new shit constantly and...
Yeah i know its sad.. I hear stolen riffs, samples and down right plagiarism in todays music, And i do listen to new shit constantly and there is good NEW music, but they have bands like Police, Bealtles (the list goes on) to call influences or in most cases just downright steal music from.. Its not that hard.

I'm a musician- don't get me started on sampling. Some asshole rapper finds a nice juicy guitar riff, bass riff or drum riff and says some stupid shit over top and calls it "his song." I hear John Bonham's drums all the time on rap songs.

Kanye's biggest asshole move was sampling King Crimson's "21st Century Schizoid Man"- an art rock classic, and giving no credit and paying no money. What a colossal doucheface.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
1/13/2015 4:36pm
Paul made his money with real talent unlike these stupid thug hollering rappers, it sux that these kids think that crap is music.
Cable Guy
1/13/2015 5:29pm
If you think about it, McCartney is an old person's artist now. He's old, his fans are old, and he hasn't had a hit song in...

No it's not!
Rooster
1/13/2015 6:25pm
I think that's the first time I've ever listened to a kanye west track.

I couldn't finish it. That was fucking horrible and I actually like rap and all sorts of other dance music. I have to go and bleach my ears out after that crap.

As for samples being used in today's music, it can be done well and be used to create something new and unique. Look at Norman Cook's work (Fatboy Slim). He's one of the better ones at it. I can agree though that some just use to steal other artist's talent without compensation.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/13/2015 9:29pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Didn't Paul McCartney die in 1966? Lol
It says so when you play their record backwards it says "paul is dead" and that is why he is bare foot on the cover of Abby road and all the other's have shoes on. I think you post went over some heads Wink
Uncle Tony
1/14/2015 4:45am
Uncle Tony wrote:
Didn't Paul McCartney die in 1966? Lol
lostboy819 wrote:
It says so when you play their record backwards it says "paul is dead" and that is why he is bare foot on the cover of...
It says so when you play their record backwards it says "paul is dead" and that is why he is bare foot on the cover of Abby road and all the other's have shoes on. I think you post went over some heads Wink
Lostboy, you got to check out YouTube, they have hundreds of video's on the fake Paul and how he died, and how the Paul McCartney we know end love has been an imposter, it's pretty funny
1/14/2015 8:58am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2015 9:01am
Cultural change can be a scary thing.
In fact, McCartney and the Beatles were the disruptors of their time. Along with Elvis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis.
They were all seen as over-sexualized, trite and primitive hacks.

Jazz is now taught in college courses and played in respectable theaters- at one time it was just barroom music for sweaty and dancing African Americans down south.
In fact, African slaves were not allowed to play drums in America. That's why so many of our musical traditions do not share the hand drumming and percussion you find in African and Latin music.
So I am digressing, but the point is the rebels of your youth are now the establishment of the youth of today, to be mocked and dismantled. It's the way it's always been.

Post a reply to: Who The Fuck Is Paul McCartney!? - Kanye West X Jennifer Lawrence X Pegboard Nerds

The Latest