What would you do?

FlickitFlat
Fantasy
752nd
8/21/2014 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2016 6:45pm
Or have done? I have a prowler that has been coming around my house at night. Seems like it has been on Tues and Wed nights but every now and again on Thur and Friday. Late Late at night 2-4 AM pecking on windows. The first couple of times I wasn't sure. It thought I might have been dreaming. One night that it happened, I fell asleep with the TV on so I thought it might have been something on there. But as soon as I wake up, it stops. I wasn't sure until this past Tuesday. Some mother fucker is for sure knocking on my windows.

Now I don't live in the city, I do live in a town. I live on over 100 acres and my nearest neighbor is over 400 yards away. I don't lock my house when I go to town, I don't lock my cars when I go to bed. I don't lock anything. There is plenty of stuff for someone to steal but I have had nothing bothered, nothing at all, now or ever. Years ago I had someone stealing gas but that turned out to be a funny story.

I can't get up fast enough to jump up and run someone down because it is on the opposite side of the house from all the doors. What I did was go out into the building. I was actually looking for an old extension cord and I was going to rig something to shock the piss out of them about waist high but I ended up just cleaning up my fox traps instead. I set 12 #2 traps by the window. Old school traps that don't let go. None of those new easy to release bastards that won't cut off a fox's foot. These bastards hurt. I put some thought into it trying to figure out every way they would walk up to the window, from the front, from either side, where they would kneel and hide. I have it rigged up like a land mine. After spreading some grass to cover them, I'm kind of impressed. Even if they get tripped up in one and put their hand down, they are going to get tangled up in an array. I so hope I find some dumb fucker with a trap on one foot and another on his hand. Ha Ha. I even rigged up a couple around a couple of bushes that they might run to if I get up and surprise them fast enough. After I sprinkled grass over the traps, they are hard to see in the day time, let alone the night. Neighbors cat be damned.
|
8/21/2014 2:43pm
What if it is some junior high kids out late because it's summer time or something?
JPT
8/21/2014 2:47pm
I'd set up some motion lights. You can get them for next to nothing and they're easy to set up.
mxb2
8/21/2014 2:48pm
Sounds like you mite need a lawyer soon lol , call local police for frequent premise checks on your property. Posting your actions probably wont help if you hurt someone. and a lawyer reads this.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
752nd
8/21/2014 2:50pm
Better yet. Teenagers today have probably spent to much time on their play stations than learning how to set and remove a trap. I don't care how old they are but it seems like teenage years would be the perfect time to learn a lesson.

The Shop

FlickitFlat
Fantasy
752nd
8/21/2014 2:55pm
mxb2 wrote:
Sounds like you mite need a lawyer soon lol , call local police for frequent premise checks on your property. Posting your actions probably wont help...
Sounds like you mite need a lawyer soon lol , call local police for frequent premise checks on your property. Posting your actions probably wont help if you hurt someone. and a lawyer reads this.
That is kind of impossible. I live in the country. If a police was to check out my premises, they would have to drive almost a quarter mile off the nearest road just to turn around in front of my house.
8/21/2014 3:04pm
It seems pretty unlikely someone is coming all the way out to your place just to knock on your windows, but W. Virginia is a pretty well known hotspot for Bigfoot activity.

FlickitFlat
Fantasy
752nd
8/21/2014 3:06pm
Thats the fucker right there. Where did you get that video?
thormx11
8/21/2014 3:11pm
mxb2 wrote:
Sounds like you mite need a lawyer soon lol , call local police for frequent premise checks on your property. Posting your actions probably wont help...
Sounds better than what I would do. I would just shoot their asses!
mxb2
8/21/2014 3:19pm
Great idea if you like prison.
hillbilly
8/21/2014 3:25pm
mxb2 wrote:
thormx11 wrote:
Sounds better than what I would do. I would just shoot their asses!
Yes,and I keep a pistol just for this,bought at a pool hall. Stick it in their hand ,fire some rounds,call police.

Here,I would never,never call the cops for shit,I will handle my business,call them when the mess needs cleanup.
hillbilly
8/21/2014 3:26pm
mxb2 wrote:
You're the guy that wishes he had a gun at the very moment you need it. Oops.
thormx11
8/21/2014 3:31pm
That's the problem with people these days. I live in a small town and it has been pretty quiet for years. Starting this year a lot of businesses and houses have been getting robbed or stolen from. If people would just start shooting people when they are caught stealing from you, someone else would think twice before stealing from/robbing somebody.
mxb2
8/21/2014 3:38pm
mxb2 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
Not at all, there is a time and place for everything., shooting a person for knocking on your window will land you in prison. But, you wdnt understand your the cool guy who speeds and gets arrested and blames the police. and post criminal actions on the internet. , get a clue dude.
Rooster
8/21/2014 4:54pm
Why not a camera trap?

There's plenty of legal precedent that will come back to haunt you if you actually catch somebody with what you've setup. You're not allowed to booby trap your property to cause harm to an intruder.

You can shoot the guy in the face all day long if you're holding the gun and he's coming through your window, but you can't set up a mechanised trap to do the same thing.
8/21/2014 6:54pm
"I was just trying to catch this little terrorist fox that has been hanging around, I didn't know it would trap a person. Sorry Officer."

Take down this thread
hvaughn88
8/21/2014 7:02pm
Game cam to see what you're dealing with, then go from there
hvaughn88
8/21/2014 7:02pm
On second thought, just get this shit off here. This is a terrible idea all around
Tumblin
8/21/2014 7:04pm
Take your notes from Look out below and hillbilly....live long and prosper my friend
hillbilly
8/21/2014 7:26pm
mxb2 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Not at all, there is a time and place for everything., shooting a person for knocking on your window will land you in prison. But, you...
Not at all, there is a time and place for everything., shooting a person for knocking on your window will land you in prison. But, you wdnt understand your the cool guy who speeds and gets arrested and blames the police. and post criminal actions on the internet. , get a clue dude.
Lol,you forgot making moonshine and growing weed.

Around here if you make it look like a suicide they wrap a bow on it and call it done.

Hang around a still all nite ,talk about a rush,worrying about each sound,is it law or lawless thieves.

Good times.

MxKing809
Fantasy
175th
8/21/2014 7:31pm
Let me guess, you have a daughter from the age 13-17. It's an adolescent boy trying to get her attention to open a door/window
hillbilly
8/21/2014 7:46pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2014 7:47pm
Or have done? I have a prowler that has been coming around my house at night. Seems like it has been on Tues and Wed nights...
Or have done? I have a prowler that has been coming around my house at night. Seems like it has been on Tues and Wed nights but every now and again on Thur and Friday. Late Late at night 2-4 AM pecking on windows. The first couple of times I wasn't sure. It thought I might have been dreaming. One night that it happened, I fell asleep with the TV on so I thought it might have been something on there. But as soon as I wake up, it stops. I wasn't sure until this past Tuesday. Some mother fucker is for sure knocking on my windows.

Now I don't live in the city, I do live in a town. I live on over 100 acres and my nearest neighbor is over 400 yards away. I don't lock my house when I go to town, I don't lock my cars when I go to bed. I don't lock anything. There is plenty of stuff for someone to steal but I have had nothing bothered, nothing at all, now or ever. Years ago I had someone stealing gas but that turned out to be a funny story.

I can't get up fast enough to jump up and run someone down because it is on the opposite side of the house from all the doors. What I did was go out into the building. I was actually looking for an old extension cord and I was going to rig something to shock the piss out of them about waist high but I ended up just cleaning up my fox traps instead. I set 12 #2 traps by the window. Old school traps that don't let go. None of those new easy to release bastards that won't cut off a fox's foot. These bastards hurt. I put some thought into it trying to figure out every way they would walk up to the window, from the front, from either side, where they would kneel and hide. I have it rigged up like a land mine. After spreading some grass to cover them, I'm kind of impressed. Even if they get tripped up in one and put their hand down, they are going to get tangled up in an array. I so hope I find some dumb fucker with a trap on one foot and another on his hand. Ha Ha. I even rigged up a couple around a couple of bushes that they might run to if I get up and surprise them fast enough. After I sprinkled grass over the traps, they are hard to see in the day time, let alone the night. Neighbors cat be damned.
They or he is seeing how easy you stir. Only works at night which is why you stuff doesn't get ripped in the day.

It is most likely someone you know or knows what you have,jewelry or guns etc..

Just because you jumped up probably doesn't worry them,it is what they want,learning.

I'd be worried. It will prolly escalate,get more brave
Sorry to put fear in you but I'd have it. I really doubt its kids,

If someone came to my house which is way off the road,no neighbors,and pecked like that ,numerous nites,when I cath him he has to die because here he will be out the next day and I cant have that worry on my mind. If I go to jail so be it but here,I'd be a hero to kill a thief.
500guy
8/21/2014 7:48pm
I'd be careful about trapping something you don't know what it is.

Get a good Game Camera with good night vision and contact your local law enforcement.
8/21/2014 7:59pm
So will this trap just snap the shit out of 'em or chop off a leg? Amputation would be bad Mmkay.

I kinda go the same (sort of) deal going now, I had some meth head scrappers from down the street, cut down my fence in two places to get scrap and semi rims out of the truck dealership behind my property. I called the cops, I don't wanna retaliate because I have a 10 year old, a pregnant wife, guitars and a garage full of cool shit. They have nothing but time, I have to leave eventually. I am however buying a shotgun on payday.

In all seriousness, think twice about starting some shit. I was kinda clowning in my other post, but you have to live there, and that makes you kinda a easy target.

MxKing809
Fantasy
175th
8/21/2014 8:08pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2014 8:08pm
Ok, here is what you do. Buy yourself a tippmann 98 custom and freeze a bag of paintballs.

Then have yourself a good old fashioned stakeout! Blast the fuck out of them, get them to lay on the ground and call the cops. Threaten to use a pistol if they move, but use the paintball gun to gain compliance.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
752nd
8/21/2014 9:44pm
So will this trap just snap the shit out of 'em or chop off a leg? Amputation would be bad Mmkay. I kinda go the same...
So will this trap just snap the shit out of 'em or chop off a leg? Amputation would be bad Mmkay.

I kinda go the same (sort of) deal going now, I had some meth head scrappers from down the street, cut down my fence in two places to get scrap and semi rims out of the truck dealership behind my property. I called the cops, I don't wanna retaliate because I have a 10 year old, a pregnant wife, guitars and a garage full of cool shit. They have nothing but time, I have to leave eventually. I am however buying a shotgun on payday.

In all seriousness, think twice about starting some shit. I was kinda clowning in my other post, but you have to live there, and that makes you kinda a easy target.

No, it won't harm as in injury. It will sure hurt like a mother though if they get a hand caught in it. Even if they know what it is and how to release it, in the dark, it will hold them up for a few minutes. More than likely get caught in another during the process. It is harmless as far as injury. If they don't know what it is and how to get out, they are kind of screwed as far as taking off and leaving. If they got a hand caught, it would take both feet to release it. If they got a foot caught it would take balancing with the other foot and one hand to release it. If they sit down to do it with 2 hands, well multiply that by the 3 or 4 others they will trip. It will be enough to wake me and go out and apprehend them.
I am a bachelor living alone, so no, they are not trying to wake a hot daughter or anything like that.
jeffro503
8/21/2014 11:19pm
So will this trap just snap the shit out of 'em or chop off a leg? Amputation would be bad Mmkay. I kinda go the same...

No, it won't harm as in injury. It will sure hurt like a mother though if they get a hand caught in it. Even if they...
No, it won't harm as in injury. It will sure hurt like a mother though if they get a hand caught in it. Even if they know what it is and how to release it, in the dark, it will hold them up for a few minutes. More than likely get caught in another during the process. It is harmless as far as injury. If they don't know what it is and how to get out, they are kind of screwed as far as taking off and leaving. If they got a hand caught, it would take both feet to release it. If they got a foot caught it would take balancing with the other foot and one hand to release it. If they sit down to do it with 2 hands, well multiply that by the 3 or 4 others they will trip. It will be enough to wake me and go out and apprehend them.
I am a bachelor living alone, so no, they are not trying to wake a hot daughter or anything like that.
I like your trap idea honestly. If it doesn't permantly hurt anyone I don't see what would be wrong with that. I'm also really digging MXking809's post above....about the paint ball thing.

Either way though......it's pretty fucking creepy when you think about it. Why would a person even think about doing something so damn stupid? The next house they do this too....might not have someone cool enough to just lay traps like that. They may be waiting out in the bushes with a freakin' 12g shotgun......and then shit won't be funny any more.

I don't get some peoples ideas of fun.
71Fish
8/22/2014 7:31am
Might be a bird or cat. Like suggested, set up some game cameras.
Cygnus
8/22/2014 9:24am
Shoot, shovel, shut up!
MT MX
8/22/2014 10:46am
You might want to google 'Castle Doctrine', before you set any traps or anything.
A guy here in Montana had a couple of teenagers that were breaking into his garage on a weekly basis, mainly to steal alcohol and weed. He decided to bait the teenagers by leaving the garage door up and setting up video surveillance camera's. The kids came into the garage through the open door one night and the guy ran around the house to the open door and yelled at them and blasted the person with a shotgun. He's now going through a loooong court case, because the kid was a stand out soccer player who was also a foreign exchange student. Anyways, the state is charging him with baiting. I think the kid was from Germany, but anyways the German console is going after the guy also.
If it was me I'd set up a bunch of rakes on the ground so when the person stands on the end of one in the dark he'll get WHACKED in the face. Just like what happened to Sideshow Bob on The Simpson's!

mxb2
8/22/2014 10:53am
MT MX wrote:
You might want to google 'Castle Doctrine', before you set any traps or anything. A guy here in Montana had a couple of teenagers that were...
You might want to google 'Castle Doctrine', before you set any traps or anything.
A guy here in Montana had a couple of teenagers that were breaking into his garage on a weekly basis, mainly to steal alcohol and weed. He decided to bait the teenagers by leaving the garage door up and setting up video surveillance camera's. The kids came into the garage through the open door one night and the guy ran around the house to the open door and yelled at them and blasted the person with a shotgun. He's now going through a loooong court case, because the kid was a stand out soccer player who was also a foreign exchange student. Anyways, the state is charging him with baiting. I think the kid was from Germany, but anyways the German console is going after the guy also.
If it was me I'd set up a bunch of rakes on the ground so when the person stands on the end of one in the dark he'll get WHACKED in the face. Just like what happened to Sideshow Bob on The Simpson's!

Naw man they want to shoot someone for knocking on a window lol. then advertise it on the internet. great idea.

Post a reply to: What would you do?

The Latest