What should happen to these two?

bsm121
Edited Date/Time 9/9/2015 3:39pm
|
DownSouth
9/7/2015 6:39pm
No more high school ball for sure. Planning a coordinated attack on a ref is about as low as it can go for an athlete.
Hut
9/7/2015 7:04pm
I hate to think what my Coach or Dad would have done to me if i ever pulled some sorry move like that. That is real crap right there.

The Shop

borg
9/7/2015 7:15pm
It's hard to tell. He might have had it coming.
MR. X
9/7/2015 7:27pm
Im surprised for sure, i was under the impression that texas high school ball was taken very seriously .
yak651
Fantasy
214th
9/7/2015 7:51pm
borg wrote:
yep, dressed like that, zebra stripes and all, he was just asking to be assaulted....Sharpton is on the phone with them right now telling them to pull the race card so they will be justified in their actions.
JW381
9/7/2015 8:22pm
MR. X wrote:
Im surprised for sure, i was under the impression that texas high school ball was taken very seriously .
Maybe that's the problem, it's taken *too* seriously. I saw a little video recap of Friday night football on snapchat the other day, and some of the southern schools were insane. I was never a fan of every kid feeling like a pro star just because they had fresh sneakers and all the athletic bands. Just go out and play. If you're realistically that good, your skills will not go unnoticed. But I find the younger and younger focus in sports to be completely absurd, along with the way parents and coaches are taking things so seriously. If you're so caught up in a game of football that you're gonna blind side a fucking ref, you're gonna have way bigger problems in life.

End rant
mxb2
9/7/2015 9:08pm
Suspended or removed from the team, and criminal charges.
Sandberm
9/7/2015 9:26pm
MR. X wrote:
JW381 wrote:
Maybe that's the problem, it's taken *too* seriously. I saw a little video recap of Friday night football on snapchat the other day, and some of...
Maybe that's the problem, it's taken *too* seriously. I saw a little video recap of Friday night football on snapchat the other day, and some of the southern schools were insane. I was never a fan of every kid feeling like a pro star just because they had fresh sneakers and all the athletic bands. Just go out and play. If you're realistically that good, your skills will not go unnoticed. But I find the younger and younger focus in sports to be completely absurd, along with the way parents and coaches are taking things so seriously. If you're so caught up in a game of football that you're gonna blind side a fucking ref, you're gonna have way bigger problems in life.

End rant
I agree 100%. Football culture in highschool and earlier is disturbing. It was bad enough 25 years ago when i was in school but now...its a bizzare twist of hero worship and ego inflating that has no perspective on reality.

I think the cops need to get involved and see if the coaches directed the kids to do this. I wouldnt be a bit surprised Coach Jim Bob didnt casually suggest this.
Rooster
9/7/2015 9:43pm
mxb2 wrote:
All of these!

That was as ugly as ugly gets in amateur sports and completely premeditated.

After reading the article about how two of their teammates were ejected prior to this, the coach needs to be both fired and investigated as to whether he had a hand in this action.

I truly hope the referee wasn't injured in the play.

We have some hockey fanatics up here that would put your football fanatics to shame and occasionally we see shit like this. I have zero tolerance for stuff like this. You're talking about a volunteer referee officiating a kids game. I don't give two shits if it's a state championship game or the two lowest teams in the country's shittiest division. Throw the book at everybody and then find more books to throw at them after that. It's a black eye for the sport and everybody who's ever played it.
JW381
9/7/2015 10:01pm
MR. X wrote:
JW381 wrote:
Maybe that's the problem, it's taken *too* seriously. I saw a little video recap of Friday night football on snapchat the other day, and some of...

End rant
Sandberm wrote:
I agree 100%. Football culture in highschool and earlier is disturbing. It was bad enough 25 years ago when i was in school but now...its a...
I agree 100%. Football culture in highschool and earlier is disturbing. It was bad enough 25 years ago when i was in school but now...its a bizzare twist of hero worship and ego inflating that has no perspective on reality.

I think the cops need to get involved and see if the coaches directed the kids to do this. I wouldnt be a bit surprised Coach Jim Bob didnt casually suggest this.
Yup, and really it's just an extension of societal bullshit as a whole. The focus on youth is being magnified and exaggerated tenfold. Now every high school football team is playing for the fucking Lombardi trophy and every girl on Instagram is posing for the cover of Cosmo or whatever. Can't blame the kids too much either, when it's adults that either push, or have a hand in pushing that garbage on the little shits in the first place. Might be on TV or the internet, might be a coach, might be a parent. It's pretty sad.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
9/7/2015 10:04pm
Wait until they are in class and them have them arrested and removed from school grounds in front of their peers, and kicked off the team and banned from any other school activity's other then normal classes.
JW381
9/7/2015 10:09pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Wait until they are in class and them have them arrested and removed from school grounds in front of their peers, and kicked off the team...
Wait until they are in class and them have them arrested and removed from school grounds in front of their peers, and kicked off the team and banned from any other school activity's other then normal classes.
My dad got his identity stolen once, and even though I was pretty young, I'm pretty sure I remember them saying they waited to arrest the guy while he was at work in front of his peers. I could be mistaken though.
newmann
9/8/2015 4:15am
Youth football taken too seriously in Texas? No way! Never mind the two coaches who showed up at my house with a contract in order to offer my 8 year old "protection" from the draft....Blink

We played soccer that year.
IWreckALot
9/8/2015 4:34am
The kids were initially saying that the ref made some racial slur but I'm not sure if they're still singing that tune.

The refs had ejected two other players from the game previous to that incident so I think you have motive there. . .
huck
9/8/2015 6:51am
"hate crime"?
DownSouth
9/8/2015 9:44am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2015 9:46am
ESPN just reported that the player that delivered the second hit on the ref was not ejected due to confusion during the incident. There was only one play left after that and the coach left him in the game. The other team was taking a knee to end the the game and the same kid laid a hit on the QB of the other team while taking a knee.

Sounds like something fishy was going on when the coach leaves him in the game and the kid goes after another player from the other team.

So far it looks like the kids have been kicked off the team and expelled from school. And the police are looking into the possibilty of criminal charges.
Original 44
9/8/2015 9:44am
mxb2 wrote:
^^^ That and suspend the team for the season. They can let something like that go without a harsh punishment or it will be open season on all the refs.
bsm121
9/8/2015 9:46am
borg wrote:
What could he have possible done to justify that?
IWreckALot
9/8/2015 11:05am
DownSouth wrote:
ESPN just reported that the player that delivered the second hit on the ref was not ejected due to confusion during the incident. There was only...
ESPN just reported that the player that delivered the second hit on the ref was not ejected due to confusion during the incident. There was only one play left after that and the coach left him in the game. The other team was taking a knee to end the the game and the same kid laid a hit on the QB of the other team while taking a knee.

Sounds like something fishy was going on when the coach leaves him in the game and the kid goes after another player from the other team.

So far it looks like the kids have been kicked off the team and expelled from school. And the police are looking into the possibilty of criminal charges.
I don't understand why there is any hesitation on pursuing criminal charges on the players.

I'll still give the coaches the benefit of the doubt by a little margin. It's possible that they didn't know about the premeditated attack and that the coach didn't see the incident. Usually coaches are watching plays progress or where the ball is. . . not babysitting two dipshits colluding against the refs.
stewie94
9/8/2015 10:10pm
they mustve watched the longest yard where adam went after the ref for those shitty calls in the movie lol , not cool holmes PinchSad
JPT
9/9/2015 12:56am
IWreckALot wrote:
The kids were initially saying that the ref made some racial slur but I'm not sure if they're still singing that tune. The refs had ejected...
The kids were initially saying that the ref made some racial slur but I'm not sure if they're still singing that tune.

The refs had ejected two other players from the game previous to that incident so I think you have motive there. . .
If the guy did make a racial slur, and I emphasize if, they bailed him out by making him a victim.
bultokid
9/9/2015 10:13am
Before the race card gets flamed, just a little fyi, John Jay HS is 90% Hispanic

Hopefully the clowns are arrested and prosecuted as adults. If the coach was involved he needs to be arrested and charged as well.

Unless your from Texas, you have no idea how big Friday Night Lights is here
TXDirt
9/9/2015 10:20am
Hypothetically speaking, even if the ref did make racial slurs towards those two players that gives the players no right to assault this ref. These kids need to learn personal responsibility. You can't go around assaulting someone because they called you a name you didn't like, no matter what it is. It's part of the problem with society in general. Lack of personal responsibility.

It's pretty obvious I'm sure after the investigation is complete we will learn the ref never called them any names.

These two players should be suspended from sports for the rest of their HS days. They should be charged with assault. They should not be kicked out of school though.

We all make mistakes, sometimes really stupid ones. I'm not willing to throw away their life/education based on this.

They do however need to understand personal responsibility and part of that is being dealt a severe punishment for such a careless and downright violent attack on a ref.

Also, head coach should be fired. This team obviously lacks leadership. Bring in new leaders and teach these kids how to be men one day.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
9/9/2015 11:31am
stewie94 wrote:
they mustve watched the longest yard where adam went after the ref for those shitty calls in the movie lol , not cool holmes PinchSad
WATCH the REAL" longest yard" with Burt Reynolds and not that awful Adam Sandler remake. Sick
I am sorry but there is no way in hell Sandler should have played Paul Crew in that movie, that's like the Rock playing Bill Gates in a movie, Sandler was also voted most "miscast actor" in a action movie. SickSickSickSick
IWreckALot
9/9/2015 11:57am
TXDirt wrote:
Hypothetically speaking, even if the ref did make racial slurs towards those two players that gives the players no right to assault this ref. These kids...
Hypothetically speaking, even if the ref did make racial slurs towards those two players that gives the players no right to assault this ref. These kids need to learn personal responsibility. You can't go around assaulting someone because they called you a name you didn't like, no matter what it is. It's part of the problem with society in general. Lack of personal responsibility.

It's pretty obvious I'm sure after the investigation is complete we will learn the ref never called them any names.

These two players should be suspended from sports for the rest of their HS days. They should be charged with assault. They should not be kicked out of school though.

We all make mistakes, sometimes really stupid ones. I'm not willing to throw away their life/education based on this.

They do however need to understand personal responsibility and part of that is being dealt a severe punishment for such a careless and downright violent attack on a ref.

Also, head coach should be fired. This team obviously lacks leadership. Bring in new leaders and teach these kids how to be men one day.
Agreed with this all the way.
mxb2
9/9/2015 12:54pm
IWreckALot wrote:
The kids were initially saying that the ref made some racial slur but I'm not sure if they're still singing that tune. The refs had ejected...

JPT wrote:
If the guy did make a racial slur, and I emphasize if, they bailed him out by making him a victim.
Racial slur is not a crime, assault and battery is.
DownSouth
9/9/2015 1:13pm
The racial slur rumors do not seem to jive with a coach telling the players to take the ref out due to bad calls or the player (kid who speared the ref) who should have been ejected going after the other teams QB on the games last play when he was taking a knee. If they were mad at the ref why was he still targeting players from the other team after the ref incident?

Post a reply to: What should happen to these two?

The Latest