Well We're Screwed

JRT812
Edited Date/Time 5/31/2017 4:38pm
First, I feel like I owe some sort of response and apology from people around this age group to everyone else. Secondly, came across this fella from bleacher report and was curious. Holy shit....trying to keep Memorial Day in persepective and see this shit... quickly became embarrassed. Post Malone
|
JW381
5/29/2017 10:01am
You don't owe anyone an apology, and I have no clue what that "music" video had to do with Memorial Day.
FolkLoar
5/29/2017 12:04pm
Heard about this nozzle from some teenybopp relatives of mine that eat up this brand of "here today gone tomorrow" rap music. They are buying into his image, not the music that sounds like something my kid did on a Casio keyboard. There actually is good stuff still being made, just not this guy and his wispy, weak ass songs. Mainstream rap or "pop-hop" as I call it, has sucked for awhile now. Most decent rappers are way over the heads of the average hip-hop fan so you get shit like this on the radio instead. Same as modern country. Dumb it down baby.. Sick
DoctorJD
5/29/2017 12:19pm
I made it 56 seconds into the video, and that's only because I didn't realize my sound was muted.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/29/2017 12:41pm
Not my style of music but at 300+ million views he's cashing in on whatever shit that is.

Radio music sucks and has for years.
JW381
5/29/2017 12:53pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not my style of music but at 300+ million views he's cashing in on whatever shit that is.

Yup, the genre doesn't matter, everything on the radio pretty much sucks. Working in a shop where I have no control of the radios is hard some days.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/29/2017 2:07pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

JW381 wrote:
Yup, the genre doesn't matter, everything on the radio pretty much sucks. Working in a shop where I have no control of the radios is hard...
Yup, the genre doesn't matter, everything on the radio pretty much sucks. Working in a shop where I have no control of the radios is hard some days.
If the music is on all day everyday I'd probably have gone nuts by now. If you're dealing with clients all day you don't have a choice which means you're SOL but if you're working in the back where you can do your own thing then all you need is a good pair a headphones and you're pretty much set.

I guess you could say the only good radio is satellite radio. Can always find something good on there. But local FM radio forget it. Couple songs followed by commercials followed by a couple more songs followed by people calling in and talking about shit no one cares about.

I get it though. Can't have customers walking into a store to death metal, gangster rap, etc. blaring over the sound system. Have to go with a happy medium and unfortunately that's shitty music. If there's nothing playing it's simply too quiet and awkward.
rancor19
5/29/2017 2:47pm
JW381 wrote:
Yup, the genre doesn't matter, everything on the radio pretty much sucks. Working in a shop where I have no control of the radios is hard...
BOB 105.5 bro.
JW381
5/29/2017 3:07pm
JW381 wrote:
rancor19 wrote:
BOB 105.5 bro.
I do love me some BOB. I can't use headphones, as Maverick suggested. 106.3 is pretty good too. 96.1 on weekend mornings is great. But the guys at my work only listen to 104.7 and fuckin Country. No good Bro.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/29/2017 5:41pm
Country is a no go for a lot of people including me.

Always singing about breakups, beer, women, trucks, etc. that's pretty much it.

Kind of depressing really.

You know country is shit when T-Swift goes pop lol.
RhinoRider
5/29/2017 6:31pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Country is a no go for a lot of people including me. Always singing about breakups, beer, women, trucks, etc. that's pretty much it. Kind of...

Well, Taylor swifts songs should have been done by alot of other people.

For example, this song, that the roles were reversed. It gets pumping about 1:20 and 2:40

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/29/2017 6:43pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Country is a no go for a lot of people including me. Always singing about breakups, beer, women, trucks, etc. that's pretty much it. Kind of...

RhinoRider wrote:
Well, Taylor swifts songs should have been done by alot of other people. For example, this song, that the roles were reversed. It gets pumping about...
Well, Taylor swifts songs should have been done by alot of other people.

For example, this song, that the roles were reversed. It gets pumping about 1:20 and 2:40

Well if she writes her own songs it's kind of difficult for them to be played by others. Covers are a different story but if someone else writes her songs then they could easily have been played by other artists.

I don't listen to Taylor Swift so I have no idea if that was a cover of one of her songs or not but if it was it wasn't all that bad. I'm not going to look for her version as I already know I like this version better.

Out of curiousity was that a cover of her newer pop stuff or country stuff before she went pop? Might have to look up the original after all.
RhinoRider
5/29/2017 6:58pm
The original is garbage, and it's basically about being a typical crazy bitch.

She looks wacky to me anyway.

Hut
5/29/2017 7:09pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2017 7:17pm
I'm confused why the need to feel embarrassed or the need to apologize? Huh
If you don't like it maybe just don't listen to it or share it with others. Is that you?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/29/2017 7:58pm
RhinoRider wrote:
The original is garbage, and it's basically about being a typical crazy bitch.

She looks wacky to me anyway.

I prefer the version of first video you posted but the original is alright if you're into that type of music.

I know she's a cat lady so that might explain the wacky look youre talking about.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/29/2017 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2017 8:54pm
Personally, I dont like the type of music OP posted, at all. However, this is a predictable phenomenon that happens from one generation to the next. More often than not, the most current generation that doesnt like the new music, thinks that even though this happened in the past, the new dislike is more warranted now, than with past generations' disapproval. But, its not.

The parents of the baby boomers were appauled with Elvis. Remember, there was a time when they could only show him from the waist up on TV, etc. They really had a dislike for Wanda Jackson being a woman pioneering rock/rockabilly. Thought it was blasphemy.

Remember the back lash about the Beatles, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Marylin Manson, back masking The Eagles, NWA, J. Geils band, Madonna, WASP, 2 Live Crew, Post Malone, etc.

Being in a current generation, and disliking what the "kids" listen to, feels more real without the ability to personally relate to previous generational music dislikes.

Wanna know what the most popular music is with the current generation? Just ask the previous generation what they hate the most.

Just my .02 cents.
Hut
5/29/2017 8:42pm
Haha remember these days.

FolkLoar
5/30/2017 4:14am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2017 5:19am
kzizok wrote:
Different Post Malone song

^^^It might surprise you.
TripleFive wrote:
If you would've posted this before this thread, I bet a few of these mooks would've creamed themselves with how awesome this cover is.
Awesome? Blink Holy fuck..

Here's some more early "Post" for you to dance to.

https://youtu.be/XWr2VZiov_A
FolkLoar
5/30/2017 5:10am
kzizok wrote:
Personally, I dont like the type of music OP posted, at all. However, this is a predictable phenomenon that happens from one generation to the next...
Personally, I dont like the type of music OP posted, at all. However, this is a predictable phenomenon that happens from one generation to the next. More often than not, the most current generation that doesnt like the new music, thinks that even though this happened in the past, the new dislike is more warranted now, than with past generations' disapproval. But, its not.

The parents of the baby boomers were appauled with Elvis. Remember, there was a time when they could only show him from the waist up on TV, etc. They really had a dislike for Wanda Jackson being a woman pioneering rock/rockabilly. Thought it was blasphemy.

Remember the back lash about the Beatles, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Marylin Manson, back masking The Eagles, NWA, J. Geils band, Madonna, WASP, 2 Live Crew, Post Malone, etc.

Being in a current generation, and disliking what the "kids" listen to, feels more real without the ability to personally relate to previous generational music dislikes.

Wanna know what the most popular music is with the current generation? Just ask the previous generation what they hate the most.

Just my .02 cents.
I get what you're saying, but it's not quite the same thing. All of the bands you listed were never hated on because of lack of musical substance. Nobody ever said "man those Zeppelin guys are terrible at music". They were hated because in most cases they were associated with immorality or even "the devil". Never lack of talent.

Want proof? Go anywhere in the country and scan the radio. You will STILL hear all of those bands you listed. Do you still hear Chingey, or Soilderboy on the radio? Hell no, and you won't hear Post Malone ever again after about a year or two.

True story:
I call on a car dealership here in town and the two clean-up guys are young black guys into rap. I always go back and bullshit with them and talk about music(that's all we really have in common). One day Post Malone was playing on the radio and I asked "what do you guys think about this cat?" They both agreed that it was "white girl music". Grinning
That being said, I give this guy a year tops.
JRT812
5/30/2017 6:03am
Hut wrote:
I'm confused why the need to feel embarrassed or the need to apologize? :huh: If you don't like it maybe just don't listen to it or...
If you don't like it maybe just don't listen to it or share it with others. Is that you?
Just messing around...
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/30/2017 7:39am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2017 7:41am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

JW381 wrote:
I feel for you, every station is like this: 1) Pick a genre 2) play 10 songs over and over all day 3) repeat next day

I put my headphones in and listen to albums on my iphone or Pandora when I'm at my desk, fuck radio.

While I'm at it, fuck all these "next big star" shows as well. O you found 39 guys with an acoustic guitar and a pretty nice voice and you are going to tell me they are the most talented thing to be "discovered"? GFY Grinning
TXDirt
5/30/2017 8:09am
If you like modern rap then the song isn't that bad. The video is absolutely cringe worthy though as most music videos are in my opinion. I like a very broad range of music types. I like some new rap, some old rap, some old country, some new country, some classic bands, some oldies, some classical, some punk rock. Fuck, I even like a few Justin Bieber songs.

I think a huge difference between many rap songs today compared to controversial groups in the 50-70's..... is that rap music today really denigrates and disparages women, promotes hard drug use (think coke, crack, heroine), promotes and glorifies violence/crime (murder, theft, robbery, rape, drug dealing).

That is a huge difference that I think has really had a negative impact in impoverished (black and white) communities whose youth listen to this type of music.

Not every rap song or rapper is like this, but on the whole, that is the message from many of them. And if you get into more obscure rappers, the violence, degeneration and promotion of crime is ever more hard core then what you hear/see on the radio. I've been listening to rap for a long time, and I have run across a few songs/wrappers that had so much hatred in them you would probably be shocked this type of content is being produced. Not only being produced but marketed and sold to youth.

MR. X
5/30/2017 8:29am
I gave up on local radio a few months ago . I listen to Joe Rogan s podcast during my commute now.
RhinoRider
5/30/2017 9:45am
His stuff isn't even catchy.

White guy, gold fronts, man bun, corn rows. Can't take serious.

Hut
5/30/2017 6:41pm
Hut wrote:
I'm confused why the need to feel embarrassed or the need to apologize? :huh: If you don't like it maybe just don't listen to it or...
JRT812 wrote:
Just messing around...
Right on! I didn't care for the video at all by the way... Laughing

Post a reply to: Well We're Screwed

The Latest