Welcome Home

Azcrf331
Edited Date/Time 3/26/2015 1:48pm
|
newmann
6/2/2014 10:26am
How many of our men in uniform lost their lives searching for this guy when he abandoned his post? How many died capturing the five prisoners that were handed over? Lots of bad vibes over this one and a lot of people are rightfully pissed in how this all went down. The military code of conduct doesn't go hand in hand with playing badminton with captors. Wasn't desertion punishable by death?
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
6/2/2014 10:48am
I have mixed emotions on this one. The new focos will be to kidnap and trade now.
TM
Racer92
6/2/2014 12:41pm
newmann wrote:
How many of our men in uniform lost their lives searching for this guy when he abandoned his post? How many died capturing the five prisoners...
How many of our men in uniform lost their lives searching for this guy when he abandoned his post? How many died capturing the five prisoners that were handed over? Lots of bad vibes over this one and a lot of people are rightfully pissed in how this all went down. The military code of conduct doesn't go hand in hand with playing badminton with captors. Wasn't desertion punishable by death?
This whole deal is fishy. Ole dad blathering off in Arabic about allah, releasing more terrorists and all that (and the mainstream media not reporting it) stinks, and stinks bad.

The Shop

wreckitrandy
6/2/2014 1:07pm
newmann wrote:
How many of our men in uniform lost their lives searching for this guy when he abandoned his post? How many died capturing the five prisoners...
Just goes to show how uninformed I really am. If he's a deserter, this is decidedly uncool.
bsm121
6/2/2014 1:38pm
Sets a pretty dangerous precedent.
J.F.S
6/2/2014 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2014 2:09pm
The worst part of it is, that "we never negotiate with terrorists" is out the window now, like ToolMaker say, kidnap and trade might become popular Sad
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
6/2/2014 2:52pm
Oh crap JFS agrees with me? Holy pickled catfish Batman.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
6/2/2014 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2014 3:01pm
Racer92 wrote:
This whole deal is fishy. Ole dad blathering off in Arabic about allah, releasing more terrorists and all that (and the mainstream media not reporting it)...
This whole deal is fishy. Ole dad blathering off in Arabic about allah, releasing more terrorists and all that (and the mainstream media not reporting it) stinks, and stinks bad.
Yep.
And even Soldiers from his former unit are outraged.

“I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on,” said former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl’s platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009. “Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him.”

A lot of soldiers are saying he just deserted and wasn't captured.
Desertion is a serious charge, punishable by death under Article 85 of the UCMJ.
But instead ,we treat him as a POW hero and release 5 terrorists to get him back.
Definitely strange.

Bob693
6/2/2014 4:14pm
FastEddy wrote:
Yep. And even Soldiers from his former unit are outraged. [i] “I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going...
Yep.

“I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on,” said former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl’s platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009. “Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him.”

Desertion is a serious charge, punishable by death under Article 85 of the UCMJ.
But instead ,we treat him as a POW hero and release 5 terrorists to get him back.
Definitely strange.

Had to do something to get the VA story off the front page.
Racer92
6/2/2014 5:09pm
FastEddy wrote:
Yep. And even Soldiers from his former unit are outraged. [i] “I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going...
Yep.

Definitely strange.

Not strange at all when you have a closet muslim piece of shit in the white house.

Now watch all the kool-aid faithful who voted for the empty suit go outta their way to defend this shit.
Racer92
6/2/2014 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2014 5:18pm
I have a friend who recently got out after 3 tours, was blown up from IEDs, had friends dismembered in front of him from ordinance and he said it was common knowledge (amongst deployed Army guys) that the guy was a deserter and a sympathizer. Joe was so mad and fuming I was worried he was gonna burst his carotid talking about it all.
Sandberm
6/3/2014 5:48am
Thanks for the link. I saw the headlines but just this morning started to read up on this situation.

Bergdahl made a commitment to his country and fellow soldiers and he flaked out on that. You just cant do that. Be a critic of the war after your service is completed but dont leave your fellow soldiers hanging.

And to the point of the President acting without congressional approval, that pretty much falls in line with what Ive read about President Obama, he never consults with those he needs to work with who may oppose his plans. Terrible.

We impeached a guy for a getting a blowjob in the Whitehouse, hows about this?
brlatm
6/3/2014 6:10am
We impeached a guy for a getting a blowjob in the Whitehouse, hows about this?

Probably give the POTUS another Noble Peace Prize and then let the 5 known terrorist come back to bite the US right square in the ass.
Sandberm
6/3/2014 6:39am
Heres a link to a twitter feed from one of Bergdahls fellow soldiers who served with him. Its kind of hard to follow but it appears the soldier went on twitter whilst drunk to give his side of the story of Bergdahl, then perhaps the government came calling and he is now in need of legal counsel?

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/143437-american-soldier-served-bowe-bergdahl-casts-doubt-official-story-fears-reprisal-obama-administration/
XXVoid MainXX
6/3/2014 7:10am
Sandberm wrote:
Heres a link to a twitter feed from one of Bergdahls fellow soldiers who served with him. Its kind of hard to follow but it appears...
Heres a link to a twitter feed from one of Bergdahls fellow soldiers who served with him. Its kind of hard to follow but it appears the soldier went on twitter whilst drunk to give his side of the story of Bergdahl, then perhaps the government came calling and he is now in need of legal counsel?

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/143437-american-soldier-served-bowe-bergdahl-casts-doubt-official-story-fears-reprisal-obama-administration/
I find anything related to twitter impossible to read/follow. Can someone put all that into something coherent?
Racer92
6/3/2014 7:55am
I find anything related to twitter impossible to read/follow. Can someone put all that into something coherent?
I have no clue why people use that 'service', it literally takes communication backwards a step. Its cyptic and nonsensical.

Theres a reason TWIT is the root of the domain name.
6/3/2014 7:56am
Azcrf331 wrote:
[img]http://www.tickld.com/cdn_image_thing/840244.jpg[/img]
I HOPE YOU ARE NOT REALLY SERIOUS!

Pretty clear this guy is batting for the other team now! And if you're not aware of it their team wants to behead you or blow you and your family up!
Curious which side you might be on?Angry
Sandberm
6/3/2014 8:14am
This article paints a Pat Tillman type of picture where the military lied to the parents of soldiers who died while looking for or who were in compromised situations because of Bowe B. Making soldiers sign confidentiality agreements to never disclose the truth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2646345/EXCLUSIVE-Outraged-parents-officer-died-searching-deserter-Bergdahl-hit-Obama-cover-just-like-Benghazi-claiming-told-LIES-hero-son-died.html#comments

How does one in good confidense send there young sons and daughters off to serve in our armed forces when there may be a very good chance that we will be lied to about the circumstances of their death, God forbid that should happen?
Sandberm
6/3/2014 8:16am
Racer92 wrote:
I have no clue why people use that 'service', it literally takes communication [i]backwards[/i] a step. Its cyptic and nonsensical. Theres a reason TWIT is the...
I have no clue why people use that 'service', it literally takes communication backwards a step. Its cyptic and nonsensical.

Theres a reason TWIT is the root of the domain name.
The guy was drunk clearly(unfortunatly).

He basically describes Bowe as a loner who didnt fit in or agree with the mission, decided to leave the unit and did so. The soldier goes about this in an attempt to refute any mention of Bowe and hero in the same sentence.
Racer92
6/3/2014 8:21am
Sandberm wrote:
The guy was drunk clearly(unfortunatly). He basically describes Bowe as a loner who didnt fit in or agree with the mission, decided to leave the unit...
The guy was drunk clearly(unfortunatly).

He basically describes Bowe as a loner who didnt fit in or agree with the mission, decided to leave the unit and did so. The soldier goes about this in an attempt to refute any mention of Bowe and hero in the same sentence.
I understand, thanks. I was only commenting on Twitter en toto.

Its a damn shame the Fed is silencing the persons who have facts about the kid. With that killer shooting people at Fort Hood, then the Boston bombing, now this thing, its blatantly obvious Obama and his minions are covering for muslim wackjobs. And the mainstream media is following his marching orders to the letter.
71Fish
6/3/2014 8:56am
J.F.S wrote:
The worst part of it is, that "we never negotiate with terrorists" is out the window now, like ToolMaker say, kidnap and trade might become popular...
The worst part of it is, that "we never negotiate with terrorists" is out the window now, like ToolMaker say, kidnap and trade might become popular Sad
Technically, we don't recognize the taliban as a terrorst organization. Only Russia does. But in reality, we should not be trading prisoners with them. This sets a terrible presidence and I see no good coming from it.
lestat
6/4/2014 12:47am
Racer92 wrote:
I understand, thanks. I was only commenting on Twitter en toto. Its a damn shame the Fed is silencing the persons who have facts about the...
I understand, thanks. I was only commenting on Twitter en toto.

Its a damn shame the Fed is silencing the persons who have facts about the kid. With that killer shooting people at Fort Hood, then the Boston bombing, now this thing, its blatantly obvious Obama and his minions are covering for muslim wackjobs. And the mainstream media is following his marching orders to the letter.
how exactly did obama and his minions cover for the wackjob muslims at fort hood and the boston marathon ??
6/4/2014 4:03am
It was either an incredibly risky undercover mission with almost certain death for the double agent. Or he just went AWOL and we gave up terrorists that we had in custody for a guy who caused us to lose American lives to try to find him. Odds are that it is the second option.
PalerBlue
6/4/2014 4:05am
J.F.S wrote:
The worst part of it is, that "we never negotiate with terrorists" is out the window now, like ToolMaker say, kidnap and trade might become popular...
71Fish wrote:
Technically, we don't recognize the taliban as a terrorst organization. Only Russia does. But in reality, we should not be trading prisoners with them. This sets...
Technically, we don't recognize the taliban as a terrorst organization. Only Russia does. But in reality, we should not be trading prisoners with them. This sets a terrible presidence and I see no good coming from it.
Two thing's.

Firstly, the whole "We never negotiate with terrorists" line is utter bollocks. Governments always negotiate with them, sooner or later - IF they can't defeat the utterly first. Israel, Ireland, Basques even the Taliban , the list is endless. The guys government won't talk to are is minority opponents who have no cards to play. Democracy simply does not work for these guys and violence DOES.

Secondly, I think that no POW's is NOT a good thing. There were plenty of stories about the horrific things the taliban did to captured Russian soldiers but nothing at all about what happens to Americans and British troops now. Do you think they would be treated any different? Being captured and then traded beats being mutilated and/or flayed alive. None of those boys signed up for that and the brass and politician who came up with the "no trade" paperwork idea sure are never going to be in danger of being captured themselves , or I expect the policy would be very different.

Oh, and I think the word you were struggling for was precedent.
newmann
6/4/2014 6:06am
Even that nasty piece of work Feinstein was on the news this morning sounding a bit pissed.
Racer92
6/4/2014 6:17am
lestat wrote:
how exactly did obama and his minions cover for the wackjob muslims at fort hood and the boston marathon ??
The fact you dont know supports my point. If I have to explain, you werent keeping up and/or watching only ABC/CBS/NBC.

Google is your friend.
Racer92
6/4/2014 6:29am
"None of those boys signed up for that "

Nonsense. When my son signed the papers to be in the USMC he was told, upfront, there was no guarantees what his MOS would be, where he would be sent, what action he would be involved in and active duty in the armed forces included a chance he could be injured, captured and/or killed. No sugar coating anything and the risks explained up front. That is why kids who enlist are given a special ribbon, upon completing Basic or at Commissioning, because they are volunteering in a time of war.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
6/4/2014 7:07am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2014 7:10am
Interesting...

"According to the Washington Times, US SOF (Special Operations Forces) allegedly had the location of SGT Bowe Bergdahl, and even knew how many guards were present several times over the years but supposedly SOF commanders felt their troops were too valuable to “lose” for a deserter. This is according to high level intelligence officials."

Read more: http://sofrep.com/35650/washington-times-sof-too-valuable-rescue-bergda…

Post a reply to: Welcome Home

The Latest