Wedding registries

Whose going through this bullshit ? Reason I say BS is befause I hate shopping. And all she wants to do is book these registries. All I would prefer is $100 bills at the wedding. Not gifts.

How do I make it look like I'm interested in doing this ? Any suggestions?!
|
hvaughn88
7/6/2016 2:40pm
Hahaha! I actually didn't mind it at all. My wife knew I didn't really care about it, so she didn't push the issue. Plus, I'm blessed that she has pretty good taste (I mean she picked me, rightWink ) so I trusted her to pick everything out. I threw in a few grilling and kitchen items because I like to cook, but that's about it.
7/6/2016 4:12pm
In trying to be like that but she's insisting I pick stuff.

I'm like I don't care. Honestly. That's fine. Yea I like that. And it turns into is there anything you don't like ?

And I'm like let's go to the Yamaha shop and I'll start asking you if you like this part. That part. Etc. this is frustrating. Lol.
SCR
7/6/2016 4:43pm
Invite her girlfriend, mom, or sister over to help. Once they get going they wont even notice that you left.
MR. X
7/6/2016 4:49pm
My wife did it with her sister and mom,most of the gifts were given at the wedding shower ,most everybody gave us a card at the wedding.

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/6/2016 5:21pm
Its a test. All women have a handbook for what to do in certain situations. On page 69, it talks about how far you should be able to take your future husband with wedding plans before he runs for the hills. It specifically says, the woman should find the razors edge of madness with their fiancé to better ensure a lifetime of control.
MR. X
7/6/2016 5:24pm
My wife didn't want me around cause she knows i can't stand shopping with her.
DPR250R
7/6/2016 7:18pm
Nothing in the home interests you? What about cookware? I can't cook for shit but the the craftsmanship of the nice stuff is cool.

You can register for stuff at Best Buy, Home Depot... Etc... Etc... Got to be some stuff at those spots for you.
SEE ARE125
7/6/2016 8:47pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2016 8:56pm
Put your favorite cereal on the list and then just enjoy letting her pick the shit out. Later, when you're married and driving down the road around dinner time, stomach growling, passing restaurant after restaurant, asking "What do you want to eat?" before finally ending up at home with a bowl of Corn Flakes in your lap, you'll reminisce about the time when she actually picked something out.
captmoto
7/6/2016 9:24pm
You are getting married but it's not your wedding. Once you get over that all the pressure falls off.
7/6/2016 9:59pm
We just got married. We're in our late twenties, have been living together long enough to legally be considered domestic partners. We just asked for cash and that what we got with some other random gift cards.

We flew to Mexico with close family, got married on the beach, and then had a reception at home. At the end of the day we didn't really profit because we had a lot invested in the thing. But it doesn't matter, we had a lot of fun with it and are old enough to not be too worried about money.

mxer146
7/6/2016 10:00pm
travelersjoy.com

We'd rather have an awesome honeymoon than crap for the house though. I'm into ours though, there's stuff I want.
7/7/2016 3:42am
We have been together for 8 years. We have everything we need. We don't need all this stuff. I said if people just do cards we can spend the money on the honeymoon and not worry about it. House, cars, dogs, we don't need the typical newly wed stuff people want that never lived together before or owned a house.

Hell I don't need a 250f. And I don't have one. We were walking around Macy's last night scanning UPC codes and I'm thinking all this shit is gonna end up in the trash one day. Except for maybe like 10 legitimate things....cutting boards, pressure cooker etc.

Then the prices make me nauseas. $4799 for an outdoor table set. Say what ? $5000 for something made in China that feels like a pile of crap? We weren't scanning stuff like that but it puts Crap into perspective. Makes a new dirtbike seems cheap.

And then dealing with my mother and her mother you would think it's their wedding. Shoulda just eloped or destinationed it. Much less stress that route it seems. Say wedding and prices for everything increase double. The wedding tax I call it. Oh you need a hall for a family reunion? $400. Oh you need the same hall for a wedding ? $800, and you gotta buy our food. Our drinks. Our blah blah. Wedding SHIT just puts a damper on the relationship. I want it to be over already.
7/7/2016 3:52am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 3:54am
I should back up. Sounds like I don't even want to get marrie. It's just really the registry part that's irritating. I didn't mind booking a photographer, the band, going through meetings with the priest. When I'm booking things I found out that I need to do it by myself because Everytime I try to negotiate she's kicking me under the table and afterwards lecturing Me on how it's rude to undercut people. And I'm thinking no it's not. I'm not under cutting That's called negotiating. We aren't paying $500 for a cake. $2000 for a photographer if I can negotiate to $300 and $1200. Why do brides buy into "that's just what it costs ?" That's insanity.

I just hope to god she and I can enjoy the wedding day itself without any BS.
KMC440
7/7/2016 5:47am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 5:50am
Whose going through this bullshit ? Reason I say BS is befause I hate shopping. And all she wants to do is book these registries. All...
Whose going through this bullshit ? Reason I say BS is befause I hate shopping. And all she wants to do is book these registries. All I would prefer is $100 bills at the wedding. Not gifts.

That's page 68 ...

Page 69 reads as follows ...

Shugah you ain't gotta do this disgustin thang ever again wit that pig of a man. See that ring on yo fingah, damn straight sistah that numbah don't exist no mo.

65 66 67 68 70 71 72 ...
DPR250R
7/7/2016 5:58am
Yes... it sucks. I was only slightly involved with the wedding registry and did the entire baby registry. There are def other things I would like to do with my time.

Just keep in mind that there are people in your life that do not want to give you cash... they want to give you a gift in hopes of you thinking of them when you use it. You might as well get involved in the process or they will pick what they want you to have instead of something you actually want.
IWreckALot
7/7/2016 7:02am
My wife kept registering for gimmicky things like a cereal dispenser. . . She gets caught up on the nick nack items and completely gets bored with plates and room decoration stuff that we would actually use. The only things we use from our wedding registry that we got are the towels, and kitchen wear. I like to cook so I made sure the things I wanted to cook with were on the list. Like you said, most of the stuff is made in China and its stuff you probably wont use.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
7/7/2016 7:55am
Learn it now "happy wife, happy life"
Some things you just have to make an effort to be interested in and know that she does the same for you.
Most people your age are OK with giving you a donation for your honeymoon but the older folks (your parents friends) might take offense to that.
They place a very high value on their time, they believe that actually making the effort to go buy something for
you is in and of itself valuable and will be appreciated. Don't take that away from them, they have long memories.
My nephew just got married and I heard my Mom on more than one occasion complain that they only wanted cash to help pay for the honeymoon. Start a conversation about some upgrades to your residence and add some items in from Home Depot. Separate out who you can request donations from and who you will send "registration list" to.
You don't have to take over this, just put in some participation.
TM
7/7/2016 9:45am
Whose going through this bullshit ? Reason I say BS is befause I hate shopping. And all she wants to do is book these registries. All...

I can get into being excited on that website. Simply because let's just have a good time on the honeymoon before we start having kids and we really get busy in life.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/7/2016 11:14am
Do what I did and sneak things like Beef Jerky and 5-Lb. bags of M&Ms into the registry. Also take a trip down the Craftsman Tool aisle or the Electronics department. Registry shopping only implies that you are interested in something; not that you expect everything on the list will be bought. If you're lucky like I was, at least a few of your choices will trickle into your wedding gifts.

Make sure to register at more than one place too. I saw Target on someone's response earlier; that's a great one. Pick a store that you have some kind of interest in.

Also, don't forget the money dance at your reception. That will pay for much of your honeymoon if there are a lot of people there.

Post a reply to: Wedding registries

The Latest