Waaaaaa !

Racer92
Edited Date/Time 4/20/2013 4:44pm
Boy did Obama throw a tantrum just now because his Assault Weapon ban didnt make it through! Laughing

|
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
4/17/2013 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2013 3:25pm
Wow man 90 percent of Americans supported it!!!!!!!!! Then he had the nerve to blame the Senators for playing politics! The man who acts like BENghazi doesn't exist? Where I come from looking down your nose at someone and lying your butt off will get you nowhere.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
4/17/2013 3:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2013 3:26pm
We just got bombed and his #1 priority is to take away our guns. What? Where's Huck?

Whats funny is as soon as I saw the title I knew what this was about....his cry babying was that bad.
WhKnuckle
4/17/2013 3:33pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2013 3:40pm
Well, it wasn't an assault weapon ban, nor a magazine size ban. It only extended existing background checks to gun shows and Internet sales. Virtually all Americans support that, and the anger is that our representative form of government can't see its way clear to represent 90% of the American people if an army of lobbyists tell them to represent THEM instead. To make it worse, the amendment actually PASSED by 54 to 46, but it couldn't overcome a Republican filibuster. So you have a minority of Senators who are willing to block a bill favored by the majority of Senators and 90% of Americans. That should make people plenty mad.

The Shop

Titan1
4/17/2013 3:42pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Well, it wasn't an assault weapon ban, nor a magazine size ban. It only extended existing background checks to gun shows and Internet sales. Virtually all...
Well, it wasn't an assault weapon ban, nor a magazine size ban. It only extended existing background checks to gun shows and Internet sales. Virtually all Americans support that, and the anger is that our representative form of government can't see its way clear to represent 90% of the American people if an army of lobbyists tell them to represent THEM instead. To make it worse, the amendment actually PASSED by 54 to 46, but it couldn't overcome a Republican filibuster. So you have a minority of Senators who are willing to block a bill favored by the majority of Senators and 90% of Americans. That should make people plenty mad.
If 90% of the American people supported it, why would Obama say:

"The president said that the failure of the bill came down to politics, with politicians having "caved to the pressure," fearing there would be voter backlash."

You'd think if 90% of the population supported it, the "voter backlash" would be if they DIDN'T pass, it, right?

I'd be thoroughly content if politicians lived in fear of "voter backlash". That means they are fearing voters more than their own agenda, or party politics, or lobbyist. And THAT is a good thing. Shame on the president for condemning congress for doing what-apparently-their constituents want them to do, when that flies in the face of his own agenda.

http://news.msn.com/us/obama-slams-senators-who-opposed-gun-measure
Racer92
4/17/2013 3:43pm
Maybe they can now turn their attention doing background checks for people buying envelopes! Or maybe ban larger than standard 'letter' sized envelopes that can carry too much. All that poisonous ricin being mailed around is unacceptable. Only way to fix this is to either ban it, or do background checks.
WhKnuckle
4/17/2013 3:45pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Well, it wasn't an assault weapon ban, nor a magazine size ban. It only extended existing background checks to gun shows and Internet sales. Virtually all...
Titan1 wrote:
If 90% of the American people supported it, why would Obama say: "The president said that the failure of the bill came down to politics, with...

"The president said that the failure of the bill came down to politics, with politicians having "caved to the pressure," fearing there would be voter backlash."

You'd think if 90% of the population supported it, the "voter backlash" would be if they DIDN'T pass, it, right?

I'd be thoroughly content if politicians lived in fear of "voter backlash". That means they are fearing voters more than their own agenda, or party politics, or lobbyist. And THAT is a good thing. Shame on the president for condemning congress for doing what-apparently-their constituents want them to do, when that flies in the face of his own agenda.

The pressure was from the NRA, not their constituents. I'll leave it to you to figure out who these Senators represent.
Titan1
4/17/2013 3:45pm
Also from that article:

""If action by Congress could save one person, if it could prevent people from losing their lives, we have the obligation to try," Obama said."

That is the biggest line of BS I've ever heard...freedom ain't free (pardon the cliché) ladies and gentlemen...and sometimes, it isn't just the G.I.'s that pay the price for it...freedom ain't for the faint of heart.

I'm not comfortable giving up any more of my freedom and liberties for a little (false sense of) security...and its a shame that more Americans don't share my opinion.
Titan1
4/17/2013 3:46pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
If 90% of the American people supported it, why would Obama say: "The president said that the failure of the bill came down to politics, with...

WhKnuckle wrote:
The pressure was from the NRA, not their constituents. I'll leave it to you to figure out who these Senators represent.
Obama said "voter backlash"...go argue with him.
WhKnuckle
4/17/2013 3:48pm
Titan1 wrote:
Also from that article: ""If action by Congress could save one person, if it could prevent people from losing their lives, we have the obligation to...
Also from that article:

""If action by Congress could save one person, if it could prevent people from losing their lives, we have the obligation to try," Obama said."

That is the biggest line of BS I've ever heard...freedom ain't free (pardon the cliché) ladies and gentlemen...and sometimes, it isn't just the G.I.'s that pay the price for it...freedom ain't for the faint of heart.

I'm not comfortable giving up any more of my freedom and liberties for a little (false sense of) security...and its a shame that more Americans don't share my opinion.
So it's your opinion that I can be a convicted felon and walk into a gun show and buy an AR15 cash? That's what you call liberty? That's what I call stupidity.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
4/17/2013 3:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2013 3:53pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
The gun show loophole is something that has been dealt with locally where I live.
No private party sales in the County at shows or any business.
If 90% of the people really support it,then they should have no problem getting it passed through State & local legislation then.No reason to even involve the Feds.

We then use these on internet/classified ads sales/private party sales/buys.
http://www.weapontrader.org/billofsale.pdf
Make 3 copies. Send one into the Sheriffs Dept.. to check the weapon in NCIC for theft.
I wont ever deal with anyone who doesn't have a CWP & will not sign a bill of sale or give me one.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
4/17/2013 3:48pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Does Obama have some kind of chip imbedded in your head because your math adds up the same as his.
WhKnuckle
4/17/2013 3:50pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
The gun show loophole is something that has been dealt with locally where I live. No private party sales in the County at shows or any...
The gun show loophole is something that has been dealt with locally where I live.
No private party sales in the County at shows or any business.
If 90% of the people really support it,then they should have no problem getting it passed through State & local legislation then.No reason to even involve the Feds.

We then use these on internet/classified ads sales/private party sales/buys.
http://www.weapontrader.org/billofsale.pdf
Make 3 copies. Send one into the Sheriffs Dept.. to check the weapon in NCIC for theft.
I wont ever deal with anyone who doesn't have a CWP & will not sign a bill of sale or give me one.
Oh, so if I'm a convicted felon where you live, I have to buy over the Inernet or drive to the next state to buy that AR15, huh? What an inconvenience.
jtomasik
4/17/2013 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2013 3:52pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
So it's your opinion that I can be a convicted felon and walk into a gun show and buy an AR15 cash? That's what you call...
So it's your opinion that I can be a convicted felon and walk into a gun show and buy an AR15 cash? That's what you call liberty? That's what I call stupidity.
Do you know that you can't possess a firearm if you get a DUI in Colorado? Not that I disagree with a convicted felon not being allowed to carry a weapon, but stupid exists on the flip side, too.
Titan1
4/17/2013 3:52pm
Titan1 wrote:
Also from that article: ""If action by Congress could save one person, if it could prevent people from losing their lives, we have the obligation to...
Also from that article:

WhKnuckle wrote:
So it's your opinion that I can be a convicted felon and walk into a gun show and buy an AR15 cash? That's what you call...
Hence the "false sense of security"...a convicted felon can get an AR15 from the truck of a car in the back ally...

Just because they can't get them at a gun show anymore doesn't mean they won't have them.

FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY!!!!!!!!!!!

Laws don't stop criminals...because criminals have no regard for the laws.

You are smarter than to fall for this smoke and mirrors gun control thing WhKnuckle...way smarter than this.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
4/17/2013 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2013 4:01pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Oh, so if I'm a convicted felon where you live, I have to buy over the Inernet or drive to the next state to buy that...
Oh, so if I'm a convicted felon where you live, I have to buy over the Inernet or drive to the next state to buy that AR15, huh? What an inconvenience.
Nope you can just go to one of your convicted felon buddies and buy it.

I sold guns as a licensed dealer for a few years & also worked the gun show circuit.
I cant say I ever once seen a NICS BG stop a Felon from purchasing a weapon.
Due to the fact they do not take that route.
Any holds or delays we ever got ,were always cleared up.
I made a lengthy post on here a few weeks back and told it how it was after Obama was in Denver spouting off lies.
WhKnuckle
4/17/2013 3:57pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
jtomasik wrote:
Do you know that you can't possess a firearm if you get a DUI in Colorado? Not that I disagree with a convicted felon not being...
Do you know that you can't possess a firearm if you get a DUI in Colorado? Not that I disagree with a convicted felon not being allowed to carry a weapon, but stupid exists on the flip side, too.
So, what's your point? Is that a felony? If it is, isn't someone a felon if he's been convicted of it? And isn't the point of background checks an effort to keep felons from buying guns? And as a practical matter, you can buy guns over the Internet or at gun shows with no background check anyway.

If your argument is that felons should be able to buy guns at will, go sell that idea to America. You have your work cut out for you. 90% of us think that's idiotic.
XXVoid MainXX
4/17/2013 4:01pm
I actually don't have a problem with felons who have done their time buying a gun for protection. I mean if they are going to break the law and shoot someone they can just as easily break the law to get a gun.
MR. X
4/17/2013 4:04pm
I could watch that video all night ! 90% ? What a complete lying piece of shit.
Racer92
4/17/2013 4:04pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
So, what's your point? Is that a felony? If it is, isn't someone a felon if he's been convicted of it? And isn't the point of...
So, what's your point? Is that a felony? If it is, isn't someone a felon if he's been convicted of it? And isn't the point of background checks an effort to keep felons from buying guns? And as a practical matter, you can buy guns over the Internet or at gun shows with no background check anyway.

If your argument is that felons should be able to buy guns at will, go sell that idea to America. You have your work cut out for you. 90% of us think that's idiotic.
Sam, so background checks is the ONLY thing that was included in that vote? Nothing else whatsoever?
Titan1
4/17/2013 4:05pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
jtomasik wrote:
Do you know that you can't possess a firearm if you get a DUI in Colorado? Not that I disagree with a convicted felon not being...
WhKnuckle wrote:
So, what's your point? Is that a felony? If it is, isn't someone a felon if he's been convicted of it? And isn't the point of...

"90% of us think that's idiotic"...well, 10% of US think you are fooling yourselves...and we're pissed that you are willing to trade OUR freedoms and liberty for a warm-unwarranted, false-fuzzy feeling.

If laws can prevent mass shootings...someone forgot to tell the Colorado theater shooter, and the sandy hook shooter that its against the law to kill people. Because I'm SURE-absolutely positive-if they knew that, they would have stopped in their tracks!

Big Government isn't the solution to this problem...
Racer92
4/17/2013 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2013 4:08pm
I actually don't have a problem with felons who have done their time buying a gun for protection. I mean if they are going to break...
I actually don't have a problem with felons who have done their time buying a gun for protection. I mean if they are going to break the law and shoot someone they can just as easily break the law to get a gun.
Go away with your logic and write me a new Bill to ban or at least limit high capacity envelopes! First it was Anthrax, now Ricin, we are powerless to stop this stuff, so something must be banned.
MR. X
4/17/2013 4:08pm
Titan1 wrote:
"90% of us think that's idiotic"...well, 10% of US think you are fooling yourselves...and we're pissed that you are willing to trade OUR freedoms and liberty...
"90% of us think that's idiotic"...well, 10% of US think you are fooling yourselves...and we're pissed that you are willing to trade OUR freedoms and liberty for a warm-unwarranted, false-fuzzy feeling.

If laws can prevent mass shootings...someone forgot to tell the Colorado theater shooter, and the sandy hook shooter that its against the law to kill people. Because I'm SURE-absolutely positive-if they knew that, they would have stopped in their tracks!

Big Government isn't the solution to this problem...
Bytor
4/17/2013 4:12pm
DUI is a misdemeanor for the first couple. Same with a marijuana possession misdemeanor is enough to not pass the BG check. It's stupid. The whole felony deal is stupid also. Lots of felonies are non violent crimes.
TerryB
4/17/2013 4:15pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
The Democratic Senators who voted against it said they caved to overwhelming pressure from their constituents. NBC Evening News. Where are you getting your stats? Oh yeah, Obama...
WhKnuckle
4/17/2013 4:19pm
WhKnuckle wrote:

Racer92 wrote:
Sam, so background checks is the ONLY thing that was included in that vote? Nothing else whatsoever?
Well, besides background checks, it expressly forbids the federal government from creating a national gun registry, and it extended the right of CCW permit holders to carry across state lines. But I would think gun people would LIKE that stuff. But some people just can't take yes for an answer.
Titan1
4/17/2013 4:19pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
TerryB wrote:
The Democratic Senators who voted against it said they caved to overwhelming pressure from their constituents. NBC Evening News. Where are you getting your stats? Oh...
The Democratic Senators who voted against it said they caved to overwhelming pressure from their constituents. NBC Evening News. Where are you getting your stats? Oh yeah, Obama...
Sheesh...even Obama said it was "voter backlash" that caused it not to pass...Whknuckle doesn't even belive Obama.
newmann
4/17/2013 4:20pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Oh, so if I'm a convicted felon where you live, I have to buy over the Inernet or drive to the next state to buy that...
As far as I am aware, you can't legally ship a gun to an individual when it is purchased over the internet whether they are a convicted felon or a honest law abiding citizen. Where do you come up with the shit you spew? It has to be delivered to a registered FFL who will do the standard background check. The last half dozen or so "high capacity" handguns and "scary black assault rifles" I have purchased were done that way.

Tell your buddy Obammy to take the guns away from the convicted felons in Chicago first and then we'll talk. Should be easy enough shouldn't it?
newmann
4/17/2013 4:24pm
Titan1 wrote:
Sheesh...even Obama said it was "voter backlash" that caused it not to pass...Whknuckle doesn't even belive Obama.
Didn't knuck turn his guns in to the local authorities to be melted down? Knuck?

Post a reply to: Waaaaaa !

The Latest