Vice Principals

TailSoHard
Edited Date/Time 9/27/2019 1:16pm
You guys watched the new Vice Principals show on HBO? Pretty hilarious so far, typical Danny McBride character though... They hinted at some upcoming motocross themes so that'll be interesting (and hopefully hilarious)
|
APLMAN99
7/27/2016 4:14am
I was pretty excited for it to start. Not bad so far but he is maybe playing a little too much Kenny Powers at times. That's certainly been a good type of character for him to play, though.

It's one that I'll keep watching.

The Shop

FolkLoar
7/27/2016 6:36am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I was pretty excited for it to start. Not bad so far but he is maybe playing a little too much Kenny Powers at times. That's...
I was pretty excited for it to start. Not bad so far but he is maybe playing a little too much Kenny Powers at times. That's certainly been a good type of character for him to play, though.

It's one that I'll keep watching.
Same here..

It's almost like Kenny Powers got a vice principal job after Eastbound and Down ended. That said, I loved that show and hopefully this new one will go in some crazy unexpected directions like Eastbound. I noticed that it has many of the same writers, producers, etc. (minus Will Ferrell)
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/27/2016 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2016 10:21pm
It's against my vice principals
TailSoHard wrote:
Well beauty is in the eye when you hold her...
Looks like someone got their grade 10!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/17/2017 7:30pm
Just a heads up Season 2/Final season is starting tonight.

Who shot Gamby?
APLMAN99
9/17/2017 9:11pm
Gotta admit, when the new Vice Principal first came on screen I kinda thought that RC had gotten into acting......
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/17/2017 10:11pm
Hired her because it reminded him of Gamby. Besides I think you all have the same barber lol.

Gamby's back mother fuckers.
nytsmaC
10/4/2017 3:11am
Yes! Just watches s02e01, great start. Fuckin Walton Goggins is hilarious, so flamboyant.
akmx17
10/4/2017 3:24am
nytsmaC wrote:
Yes! Just watches s02e01, great start. Fuckin Walton Goggins is hilarious, so flamboyant.
I think Goggins is my favorite actor.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/31/2017 12:24pm
After the last episode who do you guys think shot Gamby?

Personally I don't think it's Lee. I think it may be his wife Christine and here's why. In season one both Gamby and Lee were sharing the vice-principal role with one of them eventually taking over as principal. Being promoted to principal would obviously come with a pay raise so eliminating Gamby would guarantee Lee being promoted as the principal.

An episode or two ago shit hit the fan and Christine demolished Lee's BMW convertible. They're going through a divorce and in the last episode Lee mentioned that he got the Jeep in the divorce. All we've seen him drive was his BMW which hints that the Jeep was his wife's vehicle.

Gamby's kid found the mask hidden in the Jeep and scared the shit out of him prompting Gamby to flip out and asking his daughter where she found the mask. He then found the leather jacket and the gun hidden where the spare tire is located in the back of "Lee's" Jeep which ultimately points to Lee being Gamby's shooter. Would Lee be so stupid not to get rid of the evidence? I don't think so.

It's either Christine or Ms. Abbott who showed up out of nowhere on Gamby's spring break vacation. She could of planted the evidence in the Jeep to make it look like it was Lee that did it since she seems a little bit crazy and just a little obsessed with Gamby. She was jealous that Lee was going with Gamby in spring break and that she wasn't invited. Gamby is spending time with Lee and she's not liking it. There's a chance that could be her but I think it's unlikely. How would she have gotten the keys of the Jeep to plant the evidence?

Any thoughts on who it could be?
SEE ARE125
10/31/2017 12:59pm
I think it's Ms. Abbott. I think she shot Gamby because he was banging Ms. Snodgrass, and now that he's hanging out with Lee, she planted the evidence to divide them. There was really no point in her being there, she just showed up, then left without playing any real role in the vacation. She also seems crazy enough to do it. Christine also seems like a good guess, one I hadn't thought of. She has long dark straight hair that matches the description of the shooter, unlike Ms. Abbott's shorter curlier hair, and you described a perfect motive to ensure Lee got the Principal position. This last episode was fuckin' hilarious.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/31/2017 1:57pm
Ms. Abbott is definitly a little on the crazy side. She could of shot Gamby just to give her an excuse to get close to him and care for him since she's obsessed with him. She was jealous that Gamby had called Ms. Snodgrass so took his phone and threw it back at him. Makes a joke about being pregnant with Gamby's kid. Takes his toothpick and licks the other side and gives it back to him. The list goes on and since he's spending quite a bit of time with Lee she's not liking it.

Having Lee promoted to the principal would of pissed off Gamby in the earlier episodes but they had a pretty good bromance going on up until he found the mask in the Jeep. Like you said there was no real reason for her to be there on spring break other than maybe plant the evidence to cause friction between Gamby and Lee once again. I'm just not sure how she would of gotten access to the inside of the Jeep. Planting the evidence obviously will cause friction between those two but it doesn't take care of the relationship between Gamby and Ms. Snodgrass that she's not fond of. I guess we'll see in the next two episodes how things develop between Ms. Abbott and Ms. Snodgrass.

Like I mentioned I think it's either Christine or Ms. Abbott. I can't think of anyone else that could of shot him. There's Belinda the principal that got fired that Gamby thought was the one that shot him since she doesn't like him but she doesn't have the build of the shooter and they already explored that scenario in an episode.
Prntscrn
10/31/2017 2:07pm
idk but show is freakin hilarious. Thinking about it you guys are most likely right though, it has to be one of those two. I'm thinking Ms. Abbott
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/31/2017 2:41pm
Love the show. Was originally supposed to be a movie but it was too long so they decided to break it down in two season. Hopefully some of the higher up people decide to revise things and keep it going for a couple more season.
agn5009
10/31/2017 6:48pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Love the show. Was originally supposed to be a movie but it was too long so they decided to break it down in two season. Hopefully...
Love the show. Was originally supposed to be a movie but it was too long so they decided to break it down in two season. Hopefully some of the higher up people decide to revise things and keep it going for a couple more season.
Danny McBride has said he has no interest in doing more than 2 seasons. He said 2 seasons has been the plan the entire time. He doesn't want it to be one of these shows that runs on for numerous seasons.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/31/2017 6:55pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Love the show. Was originally supposed to be a movie but it was too long so they decided to break it down in two season. Hopefully...
agn5009 wrote:
Danny McBride has said he has no interest in doing more than 2 seasons. He said 2 seasons has been the plan the entire time. He...
Danny McBride has said he has no interest in doing more than 2 seasons. He said 2 seasons has been the plan the entire time. He doesn't want it to be one of these shows that runs on for numerous seasons.
Yeah 2 seasons has been the plan the whole time after they switched from movie to tv series but it still would be great to see it run for a couple more seasons.

Sadly I don't think it's going to happen. On the other hand it opens up a slot for another new show at HBO.
agn5009
10/31/2017 8:22pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Danny McBride has said he has no interest in doing more than 2 seasons. He said 2 seasons has been the plan the entire time. He...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah 2 seasons has been the plan the whole time after they switched from movie to tv series but it still would be great to see...
Yeah 2 seasons has been the plan the whole time after they switched from movie to tv series but it still would be great to see it run for a couple more seasons.

Sadly I don't think it's going to happen. On the other hand it opens up a slot for another new show at HBO.
Yep, and we only have 2 more episodes unfortunately. Hopefully McBride comes up with another great series after this one's over.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/31/2017 9:03pm
agn5009 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah 2 seasons has been the plan the whole time after they switched from movie to tv series but it still would be great to see...

agn5009 wrote:
Yep, and we only have 2 more episodes unfortunately. Hopefully McBride comes up with another great series after this one's over.
I looked things up and it appears he's got quite a few projects going on but it looks like most if not all of them are movies.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/6/2017 12:36pm
Man, last night's episode showed us that Lee Russell is a little more fucked in the head than originally thought.

Personally I still don't think that it's him that shot Gamby.

Did you see the look on Ms. Abbott's face at the end? Psycho or what.

Only 1 episode left in the series.
SEE ARE125
11/6/2017 9:08pm
Disappointing series finale, best part was the fight scene.
Finale is next week. Fight scene was pretty funny though.
11/7/2017 10:50am
Disappointing series finale, best part was the fight scene.
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Finale is next week. Fight scene was pretty funny though.
I thought they said that was the last one. Well that's good it didn't end like that.
Nighttrain
11/7/2017 7:31pm
Love this locally filmed show. Walton Goggins is killing it in his role as Mr Russell but he ain’t the one who tried to kill Mr Gamby. Bill Murray fingered Ms Abbott as the shooter.
agn5009
11/8/2017 6:54am
It's probably going to be Abbott. But I feel like they could throw us a curve ball and it could be Ray....
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/13/2017 4:46pm
Well looks like we were right after all. What did you guys think of the episode? I thought for sure Lee was a goner. Goddamn crazy lady lol. I really enjoyed the series.

I read an interview today with Danny McBride concerning the show and the possibility of a 3rd season. He said that before the show began filming that he wanted it to be split in two season but once production began he really enjoyed playing Gamby and got along with everyone. He mentioned that he might revisit Vice Principal and the characters at a later date down the road if they can come up with a story but that for now the story of Gamby and Lee Russell is put to rest.

On the other hand he and crazy lady Ms. Abbott are already working on something new for HBO. Not sure what it will be about but given his track record it'll definitely be funny. Can't wait to see what else he comes up with.

Post a reply to: Vice Principals

The Latest