Vaping?

alphado
3/5/2015 6:39am Edited Date/Time 3/15/2015 2:47pm
What is with this shit? People look ridiculous puffing on these giant pipe things. This punk at work is doing it and stinking up the whole office. Am I wrong for not wanting to have to breathe this shit in?
|
71Fish
3/5/2015 6:57am
It's the new cool thing kids are doing.
Xracerdone
3/5/2015 7:11am
I think they smell like shit & should be banned from indoor use. I actually had to ask a friend to either smoke it outside or leave my house as he kept arguing there is no smell so I should let him smoke.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
3/5/2015 8:26am
Westin Pieck family owns a vape shop.
3/5/2015 8:40am
It's the same crap that's in a cigarette. I'm sure they will cause just as many health problems. I think it's hilarious watching the people that hang them around their necks that can't go five minutes without puffing on them Someone blew that shit in my face at a bar once and it took everything within me to not punch them in the face.

The Shop

3/5/2015 9:38am
I never paid much attention until weed started to become legal. From what I understand, vaping is the way to go instead of old school smoking a joint. A dude at work went to CO for a weekend pot vacation and filled me in on it.
I'm too old for that shit anymore. I feel slighted growing up in generation X.
TailSoHard
3/5/2015 9:40am
For what it's worth, I quit smoking cigarettes the day I bought a vape, used it for a little under a year, and haven't touched it (or cigarettes) in two months now. Some people use it responsibly, some people don't. I find myself getting annoyed with people using them inside, but I also get annoyed by people smoking cigarettes outside by the door, so it's a crapshoot.

Mine saved my life though, so they're not all bad. Still better than smoking cigs

newmann
3/5/2015 9:58am
alphado wrote:
What is with this shit? People look ridiculous puffing on these giant pipe things. This punk at work is doing it and stinking up the whole...
What is with this shit? People look ridiculous puffing on these giant pipe things. This punk at work is doing it and stinking up the whole office. Am I wrong for not wanting to have to breathe this shit in?
You are just upset because your vaper clashes with your designer skinny jeans. You have good taste in gold chains though!

mxrose3
Fantasy
853rd
3/5/2015 10:17am
TailSoHard wrote:
For what it's worth, I quit smoking cigarettes the day I bought a vape, used it for a little under a year, and haven't touched it...
For what it's worth, I quit smoking cigarettes the day I bought a vape, used it for a little under a year, and haven't touched it (or cigarettes) in two months now. Some people use it responsibly, some people don't. I find myself getting annoyed with people using them inside, but I also get annoyed by people smoking cigarettes outside by the door, so it's a crapshoot.

Mine saved my life though, so they're not all bad. Still better than smoking cigs

Congrats dude!
Atmos
3/5/2015 10:21am
Vaping is for douchebag hipsters.
Alphado, I'd suggest your concerns about vaping to your superiors and file a complaint in writing.
TailSoHard
3/5/2015 11:01am
TailSoHard wrote:
For what it's worth, I quit smoking cigarettes the day I bought a vape, used it for a little under a year, and haven't touched it...

mxrose3 wrote:
Congrats dude!
Thanks!!

Most people don't know, but you can adjust the levels of the different glycerins in the liquid they use to vape. You can make it so you get a huge gigantic cloud of smoke, or you can get some that leaves no cloud or trace of any smells or anything. It just depends on your preference. So for example, I had a "work vape" that had almost no cloud at all, and a "home vape" that made clouds big enough to fill up my entire car with one puff.

But again, the hipster douchebags that use the giant-cloud variation inside public places are just as annoying and guilty as someone who smokes cigarettes inside. I can't stand them either
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
3/5/2015 12:52pm
It's ok as long as it's butterscotch.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
3/5/2015 2:06pm
I can see using it to get off cigs or "medical" maryjane but anyone else doing it is stupid.
Xracerdone
3/5/2015 2:50pm
There's been quite a few studies coming out showing E cigs are bad because of the metal that burns inside it (I am not clear on everything) and that vapors actually get trapped deeper in the lungs then smoke does & there is still tar in there.
4stroke4DWIN
3/5/2015 3:11pm
My wife and I have them (expensive small ones) they don't have any smell, maybe the cheap oils have a smell but ours don't. But, the folks that have the huge one's that look like a dildo hanging from there necks look stupid. That was my exact words to the sales guy at the store lol.
500guy
3/5/2015 4:14pm
TailSoHard wrote:

mxrose3 wrote:
Congrats dude!
TailSoHard wrote:
Thanks!! Most people don't know, but you can adjust the levels of the different glycerins in the liquid they use to vape. You can make it...
Thanks!!

Most people don't know, but you can adjust the levels of the different glycerins in the liquid they use to vape. You can make it so you get a huge gigantic cloud of smoke, or you can get some that leaves no cloud or trace of any smells or anything. It just depends on your preference. So for example, I had a "work vape" that had almost no cloud at all, and a "home vape" that made clouds big enough to fill up my entire car with one puff.

But again, the hipster douchebags that use the giant-cloud variation inside public places are just as annoying and guilty as someone who smokes cigarettes inside. I can't stand them either
I'm glad it help you quit, but I wouldn't be so fast to say these things won't harm you.

Turning a chemicle into a vapor and breathing it is not healthy and just think of all the possibilities for spores and germs to live in the vapor.

End of story if you think they are good or not, they should be banned from public and work place.
rallendude
3/5/2015 5:49pm
It dawned on me last week at the SX race that it's highly likely that smokers that have no interest in quitting are buying these to use inside places that don't allow smoking inside.
sleeve1
Fantasy
2134th
3/5/2015 6:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2015 6:01pm
the shop i work in is non smoking. as soon as these hit the market all the smokers that work there went out and got them and started to use them in the building. after a short time some non smokers started to complain and the owners contacted their insurance provider who told them they they consider them just like cigarettes and that they should not be not allowed to be used in the building. i personally don't care because i work in a area by myself...
IWreckALot
3/6/2015 7:29am
Most of the buildings in Texas treat them the same as cigarettes. Seems like a lot of people say they're going to use them to quit smoking, but end up adding them to their habit. I know a few people successfully quit using them. From my understanding, the trick is to get a sweet tasting flavor, and once you get away from cigarettes long enough, the taste of a cigarette is off putting to you. If someone is supplementing vapor for a cigarette, I encourage it. Even if it's worse for you (which I highly doubt), if it gets you off of cigarettes, I'd see it as a good thing.

I dunno, I've never seen the appeal in regular nicotine or tobacco products in general. I enjoy a cigar or a dip from time to time, but nowhere near a regular basis. It's more of a once every month or two. It's been like that for years.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
3/6/2015 7:40am
The guy in the next unit over at the business park smokes one. Because the walls aren't perfectly sealed our unit stinks like candy every time he's using. The next thing I think is that these "vaporizers" don't make the smell on their own, only when you inhale the "vapor" and exhale the vapor. So logic would have it that if you can smell this stuff you're breathing air that's been in their lungs and exhaled. While this may be true anyway, if I don't have to smell it it just doesn't seem as disgusting.
TM
TailSoHard
3/6/2015 8:33am
500guy wrote:
I'm glad it help you quit, but I wouldn't be so fast to say these things won't harm you. Turning a chemicle into a vapor and...
I'm glad it help you quit, but I wouldn't be so fast to say these things won't harm you.

Turning a chemicle into a vapor and breathing it is not healthy and just think of all the possibilities for spores and germs to live in the vapor.

End of story if you think they are good or not, they should be banned from public and work place.
Well I mean, I never said they won't harm you, because they definitely will. Luckily, there are extremely clean facilities that produce the juice that have to pass the same (or more) safety standards as medical/pharmaceutical facilities, so the germs/spores thing doesn't really bother me that much. You just have to make sure you get the liquid from the right place.

And good luck getting them banned, cause you'd have to ban cigarettes at the same time otherwise people will just go back to smoking cigs. I agree that people should be smoking them outside, just like a regular cigarette.

The problem lies in the fact that most people don't quit smoking cigarettes after they buy one. For example, a guy I work with still smokes a pack a day, also smokes his vape pen (inside the shop at work), AND takes Chantix everyday. THAT is when it becomes bad for you. If you give up smoking cigarettes and take a couple puffs of some low-nicotine level vapor every couple hours, you'll be much better off. So, yes, they are bad for you, but only if you abuse them. Just like everything else in this world. Moderation is still key, people...

The best part about them is that once you're done smoking nicotine juice, you can use it for other "herbs" and "oils" Cool

FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
3/6/2015 11:08am
My buddy recently got a job at a body shop, he was saying that the other employees all take ten to fifteen minute cig breaks like every 20 minutes while everyone else is busting ass. It's a busy fast paced assembly line of cars at this place. He said that he went out there for 1 minute and got asked if he smoked by the boss and when he said no he was told to get back to work. No one does the vaping because then there would be no breaks. Lol Merica
IWreckALot
3/8/2015 11:00am
FLmxer wrote:
My buddy recently got a job at a body shop, he was saying that the other employees all take ten to fifteen minute cig breaks like...
My buddy recently got a job at a body shop, he was saying that the other employees all take ten to fifteen minute cig breaks like every 20 minutes while everyone else is busting ass. It's a busy fast paced assembly line of cars at this place. He said that he went out there for 1 minute and got asked if he smoked by the boss and when he said no he was told to get back to work. No one does the vaping because then there would be no breaks. Lol Merica
This drives me insane. Fortunately, most of the people at my work don't smoke, but there are a few that you can never find them when you need them because they're always sneaking away for a smoke.
3D
3/10/2015 1:52pm
December 4th I bought one and never smoked again. I started with a very cheap one, then got something a lot better. Anyway, since then I've cut the nicotine down to almost nothing. Next step is none. It has worked wonders for me. I never vape indoors. It's disrespectful in my opinion even though mine doesn't have a huge cloud. I went to a vape shop once to check out some options and I'll never go to another. It was a cloud in there with a bunch of wanna be cool guys sitting on a couch comparing vape clouds. So for me, it helped me kick a 26 year habit overnight and I'm thankful for that.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/12/2015 10:29am
I walked through a cloud of vape last weekend in Daytona. The guy asked if it smelled good. I think I bummed him out when I said it smelled like Fruity Pebbles.
SF45
3/12/2015 11:57am
I've seen some people really puffing the hell out of those things. That's a lot of nicotine.
SEEMEFIRST
3/14/2015 10:08pm
I vape after a big dose of refried beans. They don't call me "Vapor Man" for nothing.
That_Guy
3/15/2015 2:47pm
i think people who vape are more obnovious than smokers and if you say something they say 'its not smoke, its a vapor, so its ok'
its crap
fumes from a roofing tar pot are vapors to, so go suck on that

Post a reply to: Vaping?

The Latest