University Medical Center (UMC)

jmar
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 6:48am
This is a real tragedy, and I don't like the fact that the University of Arizona Medical Center has there PR department working full time to milk this thing for everything its worth. Lot's of updates with doctors that really have noting to say, and all updates are set up either in front of a backboard that's plastered with UMC, or in front of the hospital sign.
|
PD441
1/11/2011 7:10am
Wow.

They've pulled off miraculous work in this situation and are probably constantly being asked for updates by the media. Would you prefer PR from broom closet? UMC is the only Level 1 trauma center in southern Arizona and they deserve props.

Surely there's better stuff for you to bitch about isn't there, Jim?
jmar
1/11/2011 7:32am
PD441 wrote:
Wow. They've pulled off miraculous work in this situation and are probably constantly being asked for updates by the media. Would you prefer PR from broom...
Wow.

They've pulled off miraculous work in this situation and are probably constantly being asked for updates by the media. Would you prefer PR from broom closet? UMC is the only Level 1 trauma center in southern Arizona and they deserve props.

Surely there's better stuff for you to bitch about isn't there, Jim?
This is a national tragedy, not an MTV awards show. They are taking advantage of a very bad situation. My gears started turning on one of the press conferences where they brought up two or three doctors that said noting more than a scripted UMC PR campaign, then finally bought in the neurosurgeon that worked on Ms. Gifford's.
jmar
1/11/2011 9:55am
It's Hospital Administrators, which for the most part are no different than wall street hacks.

It's all about increasing revenue.
PD441
1/11/2011 10:01am
Well, they've fixed me a couple of times and I'm glad they're in Tucson. I bet Gabby Giffords is thankful, too.

The Shop

jmar
1/11/2011 10:49am
They're a hospital PD441, that's what they do. I don't like the fact that they are using this terrible situation as a PR blitz.
jmar
1/11/2011 1:05pm
Sherwood wrote:
It's a business what do you expect?
Big business at that. I guess you're right. There are no ethics or morals with it comes to big business.
Void Main
1/11/2011 1:51pm
jmar, what you say could very well be true but from the first few press conferences I watched with the medical guys I didn't notice it. I was left being seriously impressed with the two or thee doctors that spoke. I couldn't help but think that I wished our politicians were that smart and that smooth and that focused on the job at hand.
jmar
1/11/2011 2:26pm
Void Main wrote:
jmar, what you say could very well be true but from the first few press conferences I watched with the medical guys I didn't notice it...
jmar, what you say could very well be true but from the first few press conferences I watched with the medical guys I didn't notice it. I was left being seriously impressed with the two or thee doctors that spoke. I couldn't help but think that I wished our politicians were that smart and that smooth and that focused on the job at hand.
It's not about the doctors, it's about the administrators.

Get the name out there and increase donations.
Void Main
1/11/2011 2:38pm
Yeah, like I said, I didn't see that in the TV press conferences I watched. Maybe they didn't start rolling until the actual doctors got to the podium. I wish my daughter could hook one of those guys instead of the DirtyFilter types. Wink

Post a reply to: University Medical Center (UMC)

The Latest