UK staying or leaving EU ?

500guy
I've seen lots of banter back and forth on this issue.

What do you British guy's think ?

To me it sounds like you are dealing with many of the same issues we have here in USA, immigration and all the benefits they receive and the feeling or over taxation without representation.
|
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/21/2016 11:47am
500guy wrote:
I've seen lots of banter back and forth on this issue. What do you British guy's think ? To me it sounds like you are dealing...

To me it sounds like you are dealing with many of the same issues we have here in USA, immigration and all the benefits they receive and the feeling or over taxation without representation.
i thought about it the same way, do you think that any states would ever look at doing this in the US?
500guy
6/21/2016 11:50am
scott_nz wrote:
i thought about it the same way, do you think that any states would ever look at doing this in the US?
Texas threatens to leave the Union what feels like daily.

everything is so polarized here it feels like there could possibly be some sort of revolt but I doubt it ever gets to that.
PalerBlue
6/21/2016 11:52am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2016 11:53am
500guy wrote:
I've seen lots of banter back and forth on this issue. What do you British guy's think ? To me it sounds like you are dealing...

Pretty much every Brit around here posted their thoughts already here.... Brexit?

I've met virtually no one who wants to stay in and yet I worry somehow we'll fail to get out.
kongols
6/21/2016 11:57am
500guy wrote:

PalerBlue wrote:
Pretty much every Brit around here posted their thoughts already here....[url=http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Non-Moto,21/Brexit,1303555] Brexit?[/url] I've met virtually no one who wants to stay in [i]and yet[/i] I worry...
Pretty much every Brit around here posted their thoughts already here.... Brexit?

I've met virtually no one who wants to stay in and yet I worry somehow we'll fail to get out.
Yeah, the odds do not look too good lately.

The Shop

PalerBlue
6/21/2016 11:57am
scott_nz wrote:
500guy wrote:
Texas threatens to leave the Union what feels like daily. everything is so polarized here it feels like there could possibly be some sort of revolt...

everything is so polarized here it feels like there could possibly be some sort of revolt but I doubt it ever gets to that.
Perhaps a group of states could get together (possibly southern ones) form a new un-federal government and secede from the Union. What a novel idea Tongue
PalerBlue
6/21/2016 11:59am
500guy wrote:

PalerBlue wrote:
Pretty much every Brit around here posted their thoughts already here....[url=http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Non-Moto,21/Brexit,1303555] Brexit?[/url] I've met virtually no one who wants to stay in [i]and yet[/i] I worry...

kongols wrote:
Yeah, the odds do not look too good lately.
In what way "not good" ? That we'll vote out or we'll be forced to stay?
MR. X
6/21/2016 12:12pm
newmann wrote:
;) [img]http://www.coachketcham.com/uploads/1/1/5/4/11543873/6833595.png[/img]
Wink

I like it.
kongols
6/21/2016 12:14pm
PalerBlue wrote:
In what way "not good" ? That we'll vote out or we'll be forced to stay?
Out.
dr516
6/21/2016 12:32pm
newmann wrote:
;) [img]http://www.coachketcham.com/uploads/1/1/5/4/11543873/6833595.png[/img]
Wink

I’m moving
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
6/21/2016 1:00pm
500guy wrote:
Texas threatens to leave the Union what feels like daily. everything is so polarized here it feels like there could possibly be some sort of revolt...

WoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo Aint that the truth.
6/21/2016 1:36pm
Going to be close, out for me, atleast only two more days of listening to all the Leave/Remain crap
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
6/21/2016 1:40pm
Going to be close, out for me, atleast only two more days of listening to all the Leave/Remain crap
Well we still have almost 6 full months of presidential election campaigning and shitty biased coverage before we will get any peace and quite. SickSick
kongols
6/21/2016 2:26pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Well we still have almost 6 full months of presidential election campaigning and shitty biased coverage before we will get any peace and quite. SickSick
Elections never end.
hillbilly
6/21/2016 2:44pm
New mayor will have them loosing their heads soon.
6/21/2016 3:59pm
Both campaigns have their strengths and weaknesses. A strength for Remain is that, however much you grumble about something, it's easier to make the case for the status quo - even when the majority of people agree that they wouldn't vote for joining the EU if we were already out. It's like having that job you really don't like and are always moaning about, but when it actually comes to doing something about it that's not necessarily an easy step to take. Another strength for Remain are the "undeciders" who I think invariably, when push really comes to shove, are significantly more likely to vote Remain. The economic argument is also easier for Remain because again, it's a known quantity, whereas Leave are presenting a case that as of now only possibly makes sense on paper.

On the Leave side their strength is definitely immigration and democracy. Both these things tend to create a lot of passion in people, and I think it's fair to say that people who intend to vote Leave and are much more likely to go out and use their vote - so I'd say that voter turnout is on the Leave side, which could be crucial. On a similar theme it's also easier for the Leave camp to make a positive case for leaving the EU. Remain on the other hand is often hampered by the fact that they themselves aren't necessarily all that keen on it (Jeremy Corbyn) and at best concede that it is woefully corrupt and has a lot of problems - forcing them to take the "We wish to stay in and reform it" line of defence, which at this point is starting to carry increasingly less and less credibility with people.

I'm voting Leave personally.
lestat
6/21/2016 9:40pm
500guy wrote:

Excellent analysis !
M-M
6/22/2016 3:11am
I don't know anyone who's voting remain and I'll also be voting Leave.

*Fingers crossed*

hillbilly
6/22/2016 2:36pm
I bet Boris would be fun to get drunk with.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/22/2016 3:11pm
hillbilly wrote:
I bet Boris would be fun to get drunk with.
not sure about that,

Prince Harry on the other hand,

Post a reply to: UK staying or leaving EU ?

The Latest