Two NYPD Officers executed

Edited Date/Time 12/29/2014 7:24am
Terrible loss....Now it's time for Mayor de Blasio and his political companion Rev Al to raise a glass and toast each other.
|
borg
12/20/2014 7:20pm
I'm sure Obama ,Holder and Sharpton are sleeping comfortably tonight.
SEEMEFIRST
12/20/2014 10:45pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
Why is everyone upset with the Mayor?
He is siding with the "Anti-police" protesters. They've already told him to not bother to show up to "KIA" funerals, and that was before this. he wants to keep on Sharpton's good side I guess.

The Shop

Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
12/20/2014 11:00pm
I am assuming thet were White since they haven't said anything? Obama went on vacation.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
12/20/2014 11:02pm
Oreintal American and a Latin American. Not worth mentioning by the race baiters.
Hut
12/21/2014 12:18am
"Two brave men won't be going home to their loved ones tonight, and for that, there is no justification," Obama said in a statement while vacationing with his family in Hawaii. "The officers who serve and protect our communities risk their own safety for ours every single day - and they deserve our respect and gratitude every single day."

Terrible situation. They need to get the rift under control immediately before it gets worse.
SEEMEFIRST
12/21/2014 12:46am
The article made it sound as though one of them was female.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
12/21/2014 4:42am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2014 5:06am
They are at war because of people like you unable to judge people by the content of their character.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
12/21/2014 4:44am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2014 4:55am
Hut wrote:
"Two brave men won't be going home to their loved ones tonight, and for that, there is no justification," Obama said in a statement while vacationing...
"Two brave men won't be going home to their loved ones tonight, and for that, there is no justification," Obama said in a statement while vacationing with his family in Hawaii. "The officers who serve and protect our communities risk their own safety for ours every single day - and they deserve our respect and gratitude every single day."

Terrible situation. They need to get the rift under control immediately before it gets worse.
A statement? they weren't worth getting a live TV for? It was worth going on TV to whine about someone asking for help to get something off a shelf and call it racist but not this. damn.
APLMAN99
12/21/2014 6:20am
MotoMo165 wrote:
Why is everyone upset with the Mayor?
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
He is siding with the "Anti-police" protesters. They've already told him to not bother to show up to "KIA" funerals, and that was before this. he...
He is siding with the "Anti-police" protesters. They've already told him to not bother to show up to "KIA" funerals, and that was before this. he wants to keep on Sharpton's good side I guess.
And therein lies the biggest problem; false perception.

Acknowledging that there are instances where law enforcement officers are in the wrong isn't "anti-police". The fact that some law enforcement officials want to spin it that way calls into question whether they see themselves as public servants or as being entirely above the laws they have sworn to uphold.

tvo314
12/21/2014 6:59am
APLMAN99 wrote:
And therein lies the biggest problem; false perception. Acknowledging that there are instances where law enforcement officers are in the wrong isn't "anti-police". The fact that...
And therein lies the biggest problem; false perception.

Acknowledging that there are instances where law enforcement officers are in the wrong isn't "anti-police". The fact that some law enforcement officials want to spin it that way calls into question whether they see themselves as public servants or as being entirely above the laws they have sworn to uphold.

Well said.
borg
12/21/2014 7:52am
Obama and Holder were in a position to put a lid on the rioting and demonstrating in Ferguson but instead they ignored the evidence and the rule of law and played to the rioters and protesters instead. You can figure out why. Sharpton could have helped the situation by staying out of it and working on improving his TV show for the 5 or 6 people that watch it.

False perception is a problem when law enforcement is being blamed for the tragedy in Ferguson that was clearly not the case and the 2 top law enforcement officials in the country refuse to have the backs of the guys on the street. It sickens me.
APLMAN99
12/21/2014 8:14am
borg wrote:
Obama and Holder were in a position to put a lid on the rioting and demonstrating in Ferguson but instead they ignored the evidence and the...
Obama and Holder were in a position to put a lid on the rioting and demonstrating in Ferguson but instead they ignored the evidence and the rule of law and played to the rioters and protesters instead. You can figure out why. Sharpton could have helped the situation by staying out of it and working on improving his TV show for the 5 or 6 people that watch it.

False perception is a problem when law enforcement is being blamed for the tragedy in Ferguson that was clearly not the case and the 2 top law enforcement officials in the country refuse to have the backs of the guys on the street. It sickens me.
Once again, false perceptions.

Law enforcement wasn't blamed for the tragedy in Ferguson. Law enforcement personnel from the area were questioned for their handling of it, though. From the lack of basic investigation of the crime scene all the way through to the grand jury transcripts that showed a prosecutor playing the role of defense attorney.

If we believe that we should "have their backs", it implies that we should defend them even when there should be some hard questions asked. That's a very bad way to enforce the law. Police and LEOs should not have to have us turn a blind eye to their actions in any way. Too many people think we should, though.

And I'm mostly a supporter of the police. My experience with law enforcement is overwhelmingly positive, which makes me pissed off at all the folks condoning the poor behavior that taints the perception of the entire field.
reded
12/21/2014 8:14am
Better bring a rubber coat to this one, forecast is calling for 100% chance of shitstorms.
hillbilly
12/21/2014 8:15am
The shooters name was Ishmael,another muslum lone wuf?
XXVoid MainXX
12/21/2014 8:44am
borg wrote:
Obama and Holder were in a position to put a lid on the rioting and demonstrating in Ferguson but instead they ignored the evidence and the...

APLMAN99 wrote:
Once again, false perceptions. Law enforcement wasn't blamed for the tragedy in Ferguson. Law enforcement personnel from the area were questioned for their handling of it...

Law enforcement wasn't blamed for the tragedy in Ferguson. Law enforcement personnel from the area were questioned for their handling of it, though. From the lack of basic investigation of the crime scene all the way through to the grand jury transcripts that showed a prosecutor playing the role of defense attorney.

If we believe that we should "have their backs", it implies that we should defend them even when there should be some hard questions asked. That's a very bad way to enforce the law. Police and LEOs should not have to have us turn a blind eye to their actions in any way. Too many people think we should, though.

And I'm mostly a supporter of the police. My experience with law enforcement is overwhelmingly positive, which makes me pissed off at all the folks condoning the poor behavior that taints the perception of the entire field.
False perceptions is right. Sure, some procedural things might have been done differently "after" the death of Michael brown but the false perception is that something wasn't handled properly "leading up to" the death of Michael brown and there just isn't any evidence to support that. Darren Wilson is the person who's back that should have been "had" , unless there was some evidence to suggest that he did something wrong and the evidence didn't seem to show that he did anything wrong. In both the St Louis and New York incidents the subject was resisting. Sure it's unfortunate that they ended up dead but in both cases they have themselves to blame for it. It's pretty simple, whether the cop is right or wrong, don't resist. They can't just not do anything about it at that point. Where the cops failed in the St Louis situation is not adequately protecting the community and business from being burned to the ground by criminals. There is where they failed. Luckily no innocent people died in those fires.
borg
12/21/2014 8:58am
borg wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
Once again, false perceptions. Law enforcement wasn't blamed for the tragedy in Ferguson. Law enforcement personnel from the area were questioned for their handling of it...

Hands in the air, don't shoot. Demonstrations and riots were and are still aimed at law enforcement. Law enforcement including the court system. And, BTW, part of the job of the prosecutor in a grand jury hearing is to provide exculpatory evidence.

Majority View: Exculpatory Evidence is a Must

In most states, prosecutors can’t present half-truths to grand juries. If prosecutors have strong, credible evidence that points to innocence, they must divulge it. That doesn’t mean, however, that they have to offer every piece of evidence that’s helpful to the accused or that might be used at trial by the defense.

From Here

APLMAN99
12/21/2014 9:02am
False perceptions is right. Sure, some procedural things might have been done differently "after" the death of Michael brown but the false perception is that something...
False perceptions is right. Sure, some procedural things might have been done differently "after" the death of Michael brown but the false perception is that something wasn't handled properly "leading up to" the death of Michael brown and there just isn't any evidence to support that. Darren Wilson is the person who's back that should have been "had" , unless there was some evidence to suggest that he did something wrong and the evidence didn't seem to show that he did anything wrong. In both the St Louis and New York incidents the subject was resisting. Sure it's unfortunate that they ended up dead but in both cases they have themselves to blame for it. It's pretty simple, whether the cop is right or wrong, don't resist. They can't just not do anything about it at that point. Where the cops failed in the St Louis situation is not adequately protecting the community and business from being burned to the ground by criminals. There is where they failed. Luckily no innocent people died in those fires.
One thing I finf odd is that this recent mantra of "don't resist" is usually championed by those with strong belief in the Second Amendment, and it's purpose to "resist" what they deem a repressive government, police state, etc.

An awful lot of people felt that the armed individuals who went to the Bundy ranch to "resist" the government enforcing the law were patriots for resisting.....

This is getting a bit far afield of these murders being reported, but the Garner murder would have been the equivalent of using lethal force on hillbilly for selling untaxed liquor, something that I can't imagine any of us would support. I don't think any of us would feel that hillbilly should be killed simply for selling a few jars of liquor, but put him as the victim there and then imagine cops running around wearing t-shirts justifying his death and the reaction on here would be quite different.

My heart goes out to the families of these two officers who lost their lives at the hands of this lunatic.
XXVoid MainXX
12/21/2014 9:09am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2014 9:18am
This is getting a bit far afield of these murders being reported, but the Garner murder would have been the equivalent of using lethal force on hillbilly for selling untaxed liquor, something that I can't imagine any of us would support. I don't think any of us would feel that hillbilly should be killed simply for selling a few jars of liquor, but put him as the victim there and then imagine cops running around wearing t-shirts justifying his death and the reaction on here would be quite different.

Now that's a false perception if there ever was one. Garner "murder" as you put it. Garner wasn't "murdered". He did die unfortunately because 1) he was restisting, and 2) died because he wasn't healthy enough to resist, something that wasn't apparent on the surface. And most definitely I would rise up against government if they were way out of line, and in neither of these cases were they way out of line.

I can't stand it that the cops in my town sit on the Interstate overpass "collecting revenue" all day from passersby instead of protecting the town. Seriously, it pisses me off to no end. However, when they stop me for speeding I don't say "fuck you" and punch them in the face and drive off. No, I sit there politely while they write me a ticket. After all I "was" breaking the law. If I did tell them to fuck off I would expect to get in a wrestling match. I would probably have a heart attack and die myself if I did that because I'm no longer in the best of shape. But, it's "my fault" if that happens.
12/21/2014 9:21am
Amazes me that everybody has to see everything in black and white...especially in this forum.

If you show any sympathy toward the issue of black people being unfairly singled out by cops, and shot much more often than white people....you're an Sharpton loving cop-hating SOB.

If you support the police and the incredibly difficult and dangerous job they do every day....you're a hateful racist supporting an evil system.

What if- you believe police are overly aggressive towards blacks and need more training....and you also support the fact that cops do a dangerous job and need our support.

hillbilly
12/21/2014 9:29am
hillbilly wrote:
The shooters name was Ishmael,another muslum lone wuf?
No Ishmael is an Amish name. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/12/21/74607/s1200_kingpin_movie_poster_1996_1010202900.jpg[/img]
No Ishmael is an Amish name.

I spelled it wrong, ismaaiyl is correct or the way this dirtbag did.

Maybe he thought it was muzlum.

To bad he did himself,a cop should had the pleasure of giving him hot lead piercings.
hillbilly
12/21/2014 9:32am
Amazes me that everybody has to see everything in black and white...especially in this forum. If you show any sympathy toward the issue of black people...
Amazes me that everybody has to see everything in black and white...especially in this forum.

If you show any sympathy toward the issue of black people being unfairly singled out by cops, and shot much more often than white people....you're an Sharpton loving cop-hating SOB.

If you support the police and the incredibly difficult and dangerous job they do every day....you're a hateful racist supporting an evil system.

What if- you believe police are overly aggressive towards blacks and need more training....and you also support the fact that cops do a dangerous job and need our support.

It is almost 3 to 1 whites killed by cops to blacks ,per 2012 numbers.
APLMAN99
12/21/2014 9:34am
Amazes me that everybody has to see everything in black and white...especially in this forum. If you show any sympathy toward the issue of black people...

Then you'd believe pretty much the same as I do.....
tunedlength
12/21/2014 9:48am
False perceptions is right. Sure, some procedural things might have been done differently "after" the death of Michael brown but the false perception is that something...
APLMAN99 wrote:
One thing I finf odd is that this recent mantra of "don't resist" is usually championed by those with strong belief in the Second Amendment, and...
One thing I finf odd is that this recent mantra of "don't resist" is usually championed by those with strong belief in the Second Amendment, and it's purpose to "resist" what they deem a repressive government, police state, etc.

An awful lot of people felt that the armed individuals who went to the Bundy ranch to "resist" the government enforcing the law were patriots for resisting.....

My heart goes out to the families of these two officers who lost their lives at the hands of this lunatic.
Does Hillbilly get killed for selling shine or killed while resisting?
Makes a difference.
h&m_cycle
12/21/2014 9:58am

hillbilly wrote:
It is almost 3 to 1 whites killed by cops to blacks ,per 2012 numbers.
yeah, whites are 77.7 % of the population too.

blacks are 13.2 % of the population.

12/21/2014 10:04am
That's the law of the land basically everywhere else in the world too. Don't resist and your odds of getting shot by a cop go down drastically. If I were you I would worry more about getting shot by a mugger than a cop.

Post a reply to: Two NYPD Officers executed

The Latest