Top Gear

A. DLeary
3/27/2015 11:07am
The BBC is going up take a pretty big hit in revenue because of this. I don't like cars,but the chemistry and jokes between the guys made it a must warch for me.

The big rumor right now is that NETFLIX is going to be throwing money at them to try to get a similar series after their one year non-compete clause is finished.
Grieby54
3/27/2015 11:24am
scott_nz wrote:
your right about the BBC, but there is not many jobs that you can hit a co worker and keep your job,

That's true, and I accept that it was a stupid moment from Jeremy. With that said in many ways it isn't really comparable with most peoples...
That's true, and I accept that it was a stupid moment from Jeremy. With that said in many ways it isn't really comparable with most peoples jobs. These guys (certainly while they're filming some of the more lengthy sequences) virtually live in each others pockets for weeks on end. They're filming long hrs, eating crap, staying in ropey hotels, often doing dangerous things etc; and basically after a while tempers flare and people come to blows (usually not physically). It shouldn't happen but it's human nature. You can sometimes pick this up in some of the previous episodes where suddenly one of the guys has clearly just had enough and isn't interested in filming any more - one of them will say "fuck it" to a challenge, and then just head off set to find something to eat in the local town etc. They aren't exactly young and I wouldn't be surprised in the producers sometimes don't know when to quit and just end up pushing too far, trying to wind them up and get a reaction. I don't know if that's what happened here but that'd be my guess.

Lastly, though I once again accept that it shouldn't have happened; as far as reports go from people who witnessed it, it really wasn't a big thing. More handbags at 10 paces. As I said above - knowing the BBC and their huge dislike of Jeremy Clarkson (it really can't be overstated how much he's hated by some within the corporation) this whole thing has a whiff of making a mountain out of a molehill. Otherwise I would definitely sympathise more with the chap who got smacked. Funny thing is that I don't even watch the show that often and I certainly don't always agree with Jeremy. But I'm just sick and tired of the PC brigade within the BBC. Whatever they replace it with will be something horrendously watered down and basically no fun.
Yea, I'd hate to get be forced to drive super and hyper cars in some of the most beautiful places in the world. I'd hate to get paid into the 7 (maybe even 8) figures to do that, too. Rough life these guys lead.

I told my wife the other week that this would literally be my dream job. Drive around incredible cars, go to all corners of the earth to do so, and get paid to do it.

The guy went to the hospital, and regardless of whether or not the assault was an exceptionally painful one, it's still assault over being served cold-cuts instead of a steak.
3/27/2015 12:14pm
Grieby54 wrote:
Yea, I'd hate to get be forced to drive super and hyper cars in some of the most beautiful places in the world. I'd hate to...
Yea, I'd hate to get be forced to drive super and hyper cars in some of the most beautiful places in the world. I'd hate to get paid into the 7 (maybe even 8) figures to do that, too. Rough life these guys lead.

I told my wife the other week that this would literally be my dream job. Drive around incredible cars, go to all corners of the earth to do so, and get paid to do it.

The guy went to the hospital, and regardless of whether or not the assault was an exceptionally painful one, it's still assault over being served cold-cuts instead of a steak.
I'm not saying it's a hard job (though there is far more to it than just driving around), but isn't all beer and skittles either. Nothing ever is. No matter how much someone's getting paid, people do get tired and eventually reach a point when they've had enough and no longer wish to be goaded. Again though, no one yet knows what happened in full. If it was truly and utterly an unprovoked attack over a cold dinner, then OK, he (Jeremy) had it coming and deserved to lose his job. I suspect though (and this is partly due to what some within the BBC themselves feel about the show) that there was far more to it than that. I mean C'MON what sort of self respecting bloke goes to hospital over a fat lip? Since heard that no charges are going to be pressed anyway.
Old-Man
3/27/2015 1:22pm
71Fish wrote:
Sounds like they (BBC) just needed a reason and Jeremy obliged. I wonder why they kept renewing his contract if they had personal feelings against him...
Sounds like they (BBC) just needed a reason and Jeremy obliged.
I wonder why they kept renewing his contract if they had personal feelings against him. I guess money outweighs moral objection.

My wife and I love the show. She is from Argentina and got a kick out of their Patagonia episode, even though many Argentinos didn't. Maybe she has been in Utah too long.
That Patagonia episode was intense. Trying to get the two sides together that soon was a big mistake. They hated the group and wanted their hide for it..it was funny though, wonder who ended up with the three cars.
Remember they had to leave them behind because they were so visible/Identifiable?

They always had good shows, remember when Tom Cruise got beat by Cameron Diaz in the Top Gear track?

The Shop

Old-Man
3/27/2015 1:44pm
OK I had that wrong Diaz~ 145.2 Cruise~144.2

In the "Reasonably Priced car"..LOL
KMC440
3/27/2015 2:46pm
Beer and Skittles ....... Silly mmmmmmmmm
jamma10
3/27/2015 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2015 3:27pm
Grieby54 wrote:
Yea, I'd hate to get be forced to drive super and hyper cars in some of the most beautiful places in the world. I'd hate to...

I'm not saying it's a hard job (though there is far more to it than just driving around), but isn't all beer and skittles either. Nothing...
I'm not saying it's a hard job (though there is far more to it than just driving around), but isn't all beer and skittles either. Nothing ever is. No matter how much someone's getting paid, people do get tired and eventually reach a point when they've had enough and no longer wish to be goaded. Again though, no one yet knows what happened in full. If it was truly and utterly an unprovoked attack over a cold dinner, then OK, he (Jeremy) had it coming and deserved to lose his job. I suspect though (and this is partly due to what some within the BBC themselves feel about the show) that there was far more to it than that. I mean C'MON what sort of self respecting bloke goes to hospital over a fat lip? Since heard that no charges are going to be pressed anyway.
The reason they missed dinner at the hotel is because (this is what has been reported anyway) Clarkson, Hammond and May decided to stay longer in a pub near the Top Gear test track in Surrey before boarding a helicopter up to Yorkshire. By the time they arrived at their hotel dinner service had finished for the night, so a cold buffet had been arranged for them. When he was told he couldn't get a hot meal Clarkson threw a childish tantrum, which is when he ended up arguing with and assaulting the producer. The manager of the hotel ended up cooking a steak for Clarkson himself especially.

Clarkson is an obnoxious fucking tool as far as Im concerned, and Im glad he was given the boot.
3/27/2015 4:16pm
jamma10 wrote:
The reason they missed dinner at the hotel is because (this is what has been reported anyway) Clarkson, Hammond and May decided to stay longer in...
The reason they missed dinner at the hotel is because (this is what has been reported anyway) Clarkson, Hammond and May decided to stay longer in a pub near the Top Gear test track in Surrey before boarding a helicopter up to Yorkshire. By the time they arrived at their hotel dinner service had finished for the night, so a cold buffet had been arranged for them. When he was told he couldn't get a hot meal Clarkson threw a childish tantrum, which is when he ended up arguing with and assaulting the producer. The manager of the hotel ended up cooking a steak for Clarkson himself especially.

Clarkson is an obnoxious fucking tool as far as Im concerned, and Im glad he was given the boot.
Yep fair enough, I'm in the wrong on this one. I think he's a good presenter personally but the incident in question looks to be just as you describe with even Jeremy coming out now and saying that it wasn't Oisins fault http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32076395. I stand corrected, he deserved to get bumped.

Post a reply to: Top Gear

The Latest