Today is independence day

borg
Edited Date/Time 7/2/2013 10:13pm
I took the financial collapse pretty hard. I'm in residential remodeling. I piled up quite a bit of debt thinking good times were just around the corner. They weren't. It took some time to realize that. For about 2 years I have been living like a hermit, paying down debt. Five minutes ago I sent the final payment on the Visa. I am now debt free.

The hermit life is not that bad. I'm going to stick with it a while. Take that 2 grand a month and pack it away for me instead of sending it to some bank.

How does that go? Blah blah blah, blah blah blah, paying off your credit card, priceless!
Fuck you Visa. Never again.

Taking my daughter out for Mexican food for dinner tonight. Might even have a beer or two.
|
tunedlength
7/1/2013 8:33pm
Good job!
Many do not have the discipline to claw their way out of that situation..
AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
7/2/2013 5:24am
You mean you did all of that without the help of (and in spite of) the Federal Government?? Shocking!!!

Good for you! Being debt free is a liberating experience. Now, go teach our Congress what you know and learned so they can do likewise......

Kudos borg!
JW381
7/2/2013 1:03pm
I can't believe you were living the hermit life, but you kept paying your monthly Vital subscription?! That shoulda been the first thing to go, man. I barely have enough money to ride after I pay my Vital subscription.

The Shop

S.Loyer
7/2/2013 5:28pm
Congrats man!
I am 9 months away from inheriting all my student loan debt.
Planning out how I am going to live like a hermit to pay it all off.
Should be fun.
borg
7/2/2013 6:46pm
S.Loyer wrote:
Congrats man! I am 9 months away from inheriting all my student loan debt. Planning out how I am going to live like a hermit to...
Congrats man!
I am 9 months away from inheriting all my student loan debt.
Planning out how I am going to live like a hermit to pay it all off.
Should be fun.
Apparently you are young so all your earning years are in front of you. You'll do fine. Being a penny pincher can be difficult at first if you're not used to it. I wasn't used to it. I ate out every night, was a regular at a local watering hole and spent $250.00 a month playing golf. That shit had to change. After a few months it gets to be a game. You start noticing the prices on everything. It feels good when you beat the system.

I don't miss the bars now. I cook at home and I play golf during the week when I can instead paying the big bucks on the weekend. Believe it or not, those 3 things alone saved me about $1200 a month.

Anyway, I have no advice for you. You don't need advice from 60 Y/O man that rents a room and just got even with the world.
7/2/2013 8:45pm
JW381 wrote:
I can't believe you were living the hermit life, but you kept paying your monthly Vital subscription?! That shoulda been the first thing to go, man...
I can't believe you were living the hermit life, but you kept paying your monthly Vital subscription?! That shoulda been the first thing to go, man. I barely have enough money to ride after I pay my Vital subscription.
Uhh...you pay for this?
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
644th
7/2/2013 10:13pm
Congratulations on a job well done. I know I should have went bankrupt once after a bad business deal that prompted a legal battle. I took the hard road and it took me 4 years to break even. Also in that 4 year time frame, I got ripped off for 50 G on a bad transaction and didn't have enough money to fight it and right the wrong. That was tough. I remember a friend of mine that found himself in a tough situation as well and took the hard road. He said he didn't feel sorry for homeless people at all, stating that they aren't broke, they are even. Funny but when you get down and think about it, it is kind of true. Good times are ahead my friend. Best of luck to you. Oh, and yes, I know the price of every fucking thing. I am one thrifty bastard to this day. Thank God I have a great family.

Post a reply to: Today is independence day

The Latest