This may or may not be popular, but...

Nerd
12/11/2009 3:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:29am
How come no one is talking about what Tiger's wife did to make him want to cheat on her?

It's possible that he's just a freak, but in 99.9% of cases, if one partner cheats, they're both responsible.

And after hearing about what she did to that home in England where they stayed during the British Open (his worst round of golf ever or something), she doesn't exactly seem like a complete victim to me.

So, while I don't think this should even be a news story, how come no one is going on and on about how his wife was a psycho and drove him to cheating on her?
|
eddie
12/11/2009 3:33pm
what did she do to the home in england ? just wonderin ....

12/11/2009 3:37pm
Maybe she just doesn't keep herself clean if you know what I mean.
SteveS
12/11/2009 3:38pm
I thought it wasn't politically correct to blame the woman.
JPT
12/11/2009 3:42pm
One of the claims is that he started nailing one of them while they were just engaged. Besides, a crazy wife might drive you into the arms of another woman, but a dozen? Don't think that one will fly.

Nice cast though.

The Shop

captmoto
12/11/2009 3:44pm
It's a trust issue with women. He can afford all the trashed rooms or houses or whatever, but you can't put a dollar value on trust. Nerd, ever been cheated on?
jmar
If Tiger was unhappy then he should have parted ways with his wife then he could do as he pleases.

Blaming her because he can't keep his dick in his pants is not just unpopular, it's stupid.
Dropbear
Might be an open marriage and the apparent bust up is just to appease the masses out there?
12/11/2009 3:45pm
I'm thinking she is rocking a Togo's #9 where it counts.
TeamGreen
12/11/2009 3:45pm
Nah, I can't agree with you on this.

I've been around way too many of 'these kids' that make too much and have Waaaaaay Too Much Attention cast on them to assume that she's culpable.
sc961
12/11/2009 3:46pm
No one is talking about the wife because she isn't the famous one in their union.

Tigers behavior is big new, and big money for the media reporting on it. Elin might be a sidenote when all the energy wears off from the side action numbers growing.

Until then, most people will wonder what her name is.
72kiteboarder
12/11/2009 3:48pm
Nerd wrote:
How come no one is talking about what Tiger's wife did to make him want to cheat on her? It's possible that he's just a freak...
How come no one is talking about what Tiger's wife did to make him want to cheat on her?

It's possible that he's just a freak, but in 99.9% of cases, if one partner cheats, they're both responsible.

And after hearing about what she did to that home in England where they stayed during the British Open (his worst round of golf ever or something), she doesn't exactly seem like a complete victim to me.

So, while I don't think this should even be a news story, how come no one is going on and on about how his wife was a psycho and drove him to cheating on her?
Yeah, you should run for congress. LOL!
SteveS
12/11/2009 3:51pm
jmar wrote:
If Tiger was unhappy then he should have parted ways with his wife then he could do as he pleases. Blaming her because he can't keep...
If Tiger was unhappy then he should have parted ways with his wife then he could do as he pleases.

Blaming her because he can't keep his dick in his pants is not just unpopular, it's stupid.
She isn't going to let him go because her contract with him requires her to stay married to him 10 years to get the money she married him for.
Nerd
12/11/2009 3:55pm
captmoto wrote:
It's a trust issue with women. He can afford all the trashed rooms or houses or whatever, but you can't put a dollar value on trust...
It's a trust issue with women. He can afford all the trashed rooms or houses or whatever, but you can't put a dollar value on trust. Nerd, ever been cheated on?
I very well may have been, but if I was, I don't know about it. But if I was, it's my fault, too.

People don't tend to just run off with someone else. Ask marriage counselors. What happens is that one of the two wants something that they usually just stop getting. Sometimes it's as simple as the sex dying off in the marriage, so the man eventually gets tired of asking for it and finds it somewhere else. Sometimes, it's that the wife is a nag and the guy wants to be with a woman who treats him like he's not an idiot, so it's for his self-esteem in that regard.

But very, very rarely is it the fault of the one person alone.

Relationships are a two-way street, and it usually takes both sides to screw it up completely.

As for what she did to the house, she caused $15,000 in damage to the house she and Tiger were staying in during the British Open because she threw a fit.
Big Lenny
12/11/2009 4:06pm
If you guy's knew anything about women, you'd see Nerd has a point...
`ol Ger
12/11/2009 4:06pm
Nurd. Two things.

1) Laura Schlessinger and you are in a queer state of agreement (IF YOU TAKE THIS POSITION ON ELIOTT SPITZER TOO).

2) No. Tiger is wholly responsible for his own choices, and there a line of connection between his consequences and his choices.

regards,

g
Nerd
12/11/2009 4:08pm
`ol Ger wrote:
Nurd. Two things. 1) Laura Schlessinger and you are in a queer state of agreement (IF YOU TAKE THIS POSITION ON ELIOTT SPITZER TOO). 2) No...
Nurd. Two things.

1) Laura Schlessinger and you are in a queer state of agreement (IF YOU TAKE THIS POSITION ON ELIOTT SPITZER TOO).

2) No. Tiger is wholly responsible for his own choices, and there a line of connection between his consequences and his choices.

regards,

g
I take this position on everyone EXCEPT for the people who cheat just because "they can" (and this may be Tiger, by the way, but I don't know, so I'm speaking generally because it's a serious exception to the rule), and also EXCEPT for the people who are in the "religious right" and talk about "family values" and crap like that.

Tiger is just a golfer.
Nerd
12/11/2009 4:09pm
Oh, and I knew Dr. Laura would agree. I don't like her much, but she has a good point in one area, which is that most men are nice dogs, but if you don't pet them once in a while, they'll run away. That's why she has that book, "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" or whatever.
jmar
12/11/2009 4:10pm
Big Lenny wrote:
How long you been married Lenny?
Nerd
12/11/2009 4:13pm
The old (true) joke is:

Divorces happen because men marry women hoping they won't change, and women marry men hoping they will. Neither one happens.

So, from the male perspective, you know as well as I do that many times women will be on their "best behavior" during courting, and then things can change once the ring is on the finger. It's one of the oldest "truths" around. Every comedian in history has talked about it.

So, just making up a scenario (because no one really knows), but what if Tiger's wife changed? He liked her the way she was, obviously, which is why they got married in the first place. If she changed, and she refused to change back, is this still ALL Tiger's fault?

ALL of it?
Nerd
12/11/2009 4:15pm
And, by the way, people who are saying that it's suspect that he had sex with so MANY women, to me that actually means that he wasn't trying to start another RELATIONSHIP. He had one of those. He was trying to fill another hole (pardon the pun) somewhere else. The number of women is evidence that he wanted to keep his marriage together. So is the fact that he hired prostitutes, because they're supposed to keep it to themselves.

These are things that lead me to believe he wanted to keep his marriage, but wanted to have what was missing from the marriage from somewhere else.

It's selfish, but it's not mean or evil.
`ol Ger
12/11/2009 4:34pm
Nerd wrote:
I take this position on everyone EXCEPT for the people who cheat just because "they can" (and this may be Tiger, by the way, but I...
I take this position on everyone EXCEPT for the people who cheat just because "they can" (and this may be Tiger, by the way, but I don't know, so I'm speaking generally because it's a serious exception to the rule), and also EXCEPT for the people who are in the "religious right" and talk about "family values" and crap like that.

Tiger is just a golfer.
There are going to be some issues on both sides yes, but the burden of adultery lies at the door of the adulterer.

As Jmar said, a wise individual will resolve issues instead of violating the marriage covenant.

go do the right thing,

`oG
`ol Ger
12/11/2009 4:37pm
Nerd wrote:
And, by the way, people who are saying that it's suspect that he had sex with so MANY women, to me that actually means that he...
And, by the way, people who are saying that it's suspect that he had sex with so MANY women, to me that actually means that he wasn't trying to start another RELATIONSHIP. He had one of those. He was trying to fill another hole (pardon the pun) somewhere else. The number of women is evidence that he wanted to keep his marriage together. So is the fact that he hired prostitutes, because they're supposed to keep it to themselves.

These are things that lead me to believe he wanted to keep his marriage, but wanted to have what was missing from the marriage from somewhere else.

It's selfish, but it's not mean or evil.
If I may say so. This is the lamest attempt at marriage counsel I have heard since April 2003.

`oG
CamP
12/11/2009 4:42pm
Tiger has been on a pedestal all his life. I guess he thought he was entitled to anything he wanted in life, including any woman. Now he's getting what he never wanted. Crucified by the press and the scorn of the entire world. Be careful what you wish for Tiger.
Void Main
12/11/2009 4:43pm
Nerd wrote:
How come no one is talking about what Tiger's wife did to make him want to cheat on her? It's possible that he's just a freak...

I take it all back. You would make a great politician.
12/11/2009 4:44pm
Anyone that would cheat is a low life selfish slime ball....Not happy? Be a man and get a divorce, then do what you want.

There is no excuse.

The adulterer, and the adulterer alone is responsible for their actions.
MX479Guy
12/11/2009 4:47pm
So what she threw a fit and damaged a house. Money is not an object to them, and thats like me breaking a hockey stick because i got mad.

At least she didn't cheat and sleep with other guys and have unprotected sex.

Tigers is gonna have a long road to recovering that golden boy image.
Nerd
12/11/2009 4:55pm
MX479Guy wrote:
So what she threw a fit and damaged a house. Money is not an object to them, and thats like me breaking a hockey stick because...
So what she threw a fit and damaged a house. Money is not an object to them, and thats like me breaking a hockey stick because i got mad.

How do you know she didn't?

And yamaharider4life01, it's okay to just get a divorce, but not to cheat, right?

So, really, all you have a problem with is the timeline. You don't like that he didn't get a divorce BEFORE doing all this. So, because he did them backward, now it's a problem.

What you don't seem to understand is that the underlying issues that would cause him to dump her are probably just WORSE than the ones that cause him to "just" cheat on her.

And it's a two-way street. If his wife was cheating on him because he's always gone and she's lonely and she tried to work it out with him and he refused to listen, he's at fault just as much as she is.
Void Main
12/11/2009 4:57pm
MX479Guy wrote:
So what she threw a fit and damaged a house. Money is not an object to them, and thats like me breaking a hockey stick because...

Nerd wrote:
How do you know she didn't? And yamaharider4life01, it's okay to just get a divorce, but not to cheat, right? So, really, all you have a...

And yamaharider4life01, it's okay to just get a divorce, but not to cheat, right?

So, really, all you have a problem with is the timeline. You don't like that he didn't get a divorce BEFORE doing all this. So, because he did them backward, now it's a problem.

What you don't seem to understand is that the underlying issues that would cause him to dump her are probably just WORSE than the ones that cause him to "just" cheat on her.

And it's a two-way street. If his wife was cheating on him because he's always gone and she's lonely and she tried to work it out with him and he refused to listen, he's at fault just as much as she is.
It's not cheating if you are not married.
jmar
12/11/2009 5:11pm
MX479Guy wrote:

Nerd wrote:
How do you know she didn't? And yamaharider4life01, it's okay to just get a divorce, but not to cheat, right? So, really, all you have a...

And it's a two-way street. If his wife was cheating on him because he's always gone and she's lonely and she tried to work it out with him and he refused to listen, he's at fault just as much as she is

That's where you and I disagree. There is no good reason to cheat and if you choose the path of infidelity then you are the one that is at fault.

Marriage is a contract of trust.
Big Lenny
12/11/2009 5:15pm
Big Lenny wrote:
jmar wrote:
How long you been married Lenny?
26 years...

Post a reply to: This may or may not be popular, but...

The Latest