This is how I spell badass.

jtomasik
Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 9:22am

|
vetmxr
7/21/2014 8:49pm
As far as I'm concerned......that young man should never pay any sort of tax again in his life. And even that would not begin to make good on our debt to him. That man my friends is a hero in every sense of the word. The way this country treats its veterans makes me sick to my stomach.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/21/2014 9:15pm
vetmxr wrote:
As far as I'm concerned......that young man should never pay any sort of tax again in his life. And even that would not begin to make...
As far as I'm concerned......that young man should never pay any sort of tax again in his life. And even that would not begin to make good on our debt to him. That man my friends is a hero in every sense of the word. The way this country treats its veterans makes me sick to my stomach.
I agree, I think if you do your time in the military you never should have to pay federal tax again.
jtomasik
7/22/2014 8:25am
It's a shame our public and the politicians we let into office abuse great people like this.
Racer92
7/22/2014 8:52am
lostboy819 wrote:
I agree, I think if you do your time in the military you never should have to pay federal tax again.
No Federal Tax? Heck people wouldnt even believe me if I told them how many thousands of dollars in dress uniforms my kid had to pay for himself. Just the Mameluke sword and Sam Browne was a cool grand. (I bought my son his as a TBS graduation present) If they wont even pay for uniforms they mandate you wear, they sure as hell aint gonna give you any other breaks.

Respect and thanks to Mr. Pitts for his service and sacrifice.

The Shop

coolhand
7/22/2014 9:14am
Thank you for your service Mr. Pitts, damn shame you had to get the big one from the ass clown.

All the way !
LoudLove
7/22/2014 2:31pm
lostboy819 wrote:
That would make numerous former militiary millionaires very happy! Plus the folks who most often cry for special attention due to their prior military services are the ones who deserve it least. Although waivers for Medal of Honor receipients isn't a bad idea.
smeg
7/22/2014 3:17pm
Gonna get ripped for this but here goes......

Let me preface this by saying I was in the military and have respect for all these guys.

I don't quite understand what he did. From what I heard in that clip all he did was stay alive. He was in a foxhole, everyone got killed but him, he fought to stay alive. He didn't run out under fire and save anyone. He was the last one alive and he expended all available ordinance to try and preserve his life. Wouldn't anyone do that?

Again, I don't know the whole story, just what was in the clip.
jtomasik
7/23/2014 9:22am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2014 9:29am
smeg wrote:
Gonna get ripped for this but here goes...... Let me preface this by saying I was in the military and have respect for all these guys...
Gonna get ripped for this but here goes......

Let me preface this by saying I was in the military and have respect for all these guys.

I don't quite understand what he did. From what I heard in that clip all he did was stay alive. He was in a foxhole, everyone got killed but him, he fought to stay alive. He didn't run out under fire and save anyone. He was the last one alive and he expended all available ordinance to try and preserve his life. Wouldn't anyone do that?

Again, I don't know the whole story, just what was in the clip.
He held the post and prevented it from being overrun, until reinforcements arrived. Not sure what branch you were in and what your experience is, but "heroic" doesn't just mean saving fellow soldiers or killing the ones you're fighting. It can also include defending your positions and taking over or eliminating other positions.

He could have surrendered. Instead, he fought and successfully defended the post. Seems to me like the man did his job well.

Post a reply to: This is how I spell badass.

The Latest