JRT812
9/14/2017 8:14pm
My heart hurts...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/14/2017 8:20pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
And an electrical outlet that shouldn't be there lol. Water and electricity don't mix.
newmann wrote:
No joke, that's why you put them all at work bench level!:blush: [img]https://i.imgur.com/iDKexVa.jpg[/img]
No joke, that's why you put them all at work bench level!Blush

Wow that sucks. What the hell happened there? Related to the big storm/hurricane you guys had in Texas?

On the other hand pretty cool to see someone run the 13. That was my first number but they took it away from me. They said something about being reserved for the pro numbers..... I was on 85's at time. Honestly what difference would it make if some kid ran a 2 digit number? Switched numbers and got over it. Still.... I was born on the 13th and wanted it. Practically no one wears it and it looks cool.
ledger
9/14/2017 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2017 9:07am
newmann wrote:
No joke, that's why you put them all at work bench level!:blush: [img]https://i.imgur.com/iDKexVa.jpg[/img]
No joke, that's why you put them all at work bench level!Blush

I was hoping not to see this ^^^^. Damn. sorry newmann.
woodsrider427
9/15/2017 4:21am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
And an electrical outlet that shouldn't be there lol. Water and electricity don't mix.
Completely allowable by code, we do it all the time (on a GFCI branch circuit). Some disposals are hard wired, others plug in. We also put the switch for the dishwasher (required by code) under there.

Newmann, sorry to see that, that's terrible. Best wishes to you and your family.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/15/2017 5:02am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Completely allowable by code, we do it all the time (on a GFCI branch circuit). Some disposals are hard wired, others plug in. We also put...
Completely allowable by code, we do it all the time (on a GFCI branch circuit). Some disposals are hard wired, others plug in. We also put the switch for the dishwasher (required by code) under there.

Newmann, sorry to see that, that's terrible. Best wishes to you and your family.
Might be allowed where you live but pretty sure that's a no go here.

Codes are different everywhere you go.
woodsrider427
9/15/2017 1:08pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Completely allowable by code, we do it all the time (on a GFCI branch circuit). Some disposals are hard wired, others plug in. We also put...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Might be allowed where you live but pretty sure that's a no go here.

Codes are different everywhere you go.
Yeah, it might be different up there. NC bases their code book on the IRC (International Residential Code), which I imagine most areas of US do the same. I don't see a problem with a receptacle being there (especially on a GFCI circuit), there isn't supposed to be any water under there.
newmann
9/21/2017 7:52am
Looking good!

In other news, I have sheetrock going back in on all my interior walls! Had to cut out to 4 foot and have been listening to the insurance adjuster babbling about floating out x amount. I had my sheetrock guys skim all the walls to the ceilings so that the new light spray on texture will be consistent the whole way up. Insurance owes to put things back as they were so I am going to hold them to that. Three weeks out so far and after a second meeting with flood adjuster he tells me it will be another 10 days to 2 weeks before he has his estimate will be submitted to the company for "review". Apologized for not being able to release to me $10,000.00 off of my contents coverage and $10,000.00 off the house coverage just yet. "Been having computer problems" he says. I've already written checks, handed out cash and swiped credit cards for three times that at this point. I feel sorry for all the folks who don't have the means to take care of things on their own. Waiting on the insurance company would have all your stuff ruined to the point that nothing can be salvaged.

Also while things were out I had my plumber come in and clean up a few things as well as replace all the stub outs under the counters as they had all been cut back to the point they were going to be too short to replace the valves again. Nail plates over all plumbing running through the walls as I guess they had never heard of that back in 1981. Heck, I don't think half the plumbers out there have heard of those even today.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
9/22/2017 5:32pm
Wow, Joe just stumbled in here. Didnt realize your damage. Sorry that happened.

newmann
10/3/2017 12:38pm
Cabinets going in! Serious case of deja vu...Laughing

Walls getting textured today and hopefully a floor grinder is on the way to strip up all the old thinset mortar from the tile removal.

newmann
10/13/2017 3:25pm
Hopefully when it's all done you don't get a 500 year flood.Smile I understand your frustration. Save up for years and this is supposed to be fun and exciting and a feel good moment. Then all sorts of little stuff starts happening. Trust me though, when it's done you'll be tickled shitless. I know I will be when mine is done, for the second time.
newmann
11/7/2017 5:00pm
Floors...again! Getting close, still having difficulty coming to grips with spending all this money in a couple of months. Took four years last time...lol. Insurance company dragging some serious ass while the credit cards continue to melt.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/7/2017 5:22pm
^^^ Casing on the left side of the door where the light is turned on next to the island is cut short. Other than that, looks good.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
newmann
11/7/2017 6:12pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
^^^ Casing on the left side of the door where the light is turned on next to the island is cut short. Other than that, looks...
^^^ Casing on the left side of the door where the light is turned on next to the island is cut short. Other than that, looks good.

LOL. Those little details are getting fixed as they pop up. But that’s okay, just keep fuggin with me. Same shit I have to put up with from my kids , Maverick! Oldest son whose house also flooded sent me this pic last night as he was trimming out the details on his house.

He knows I am a bit OCD (about certain things). I replied “ I’ll be right over”. Laughing
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/7/2017 6:24pm
^^^ LOL. That's OK. I'm the same. Just seeing those screws not being all positioned the same way is annoying. 1 out of 6 is a complete fail.

They all need to either be placed vertical or horizontal. Those are the only two options and the only way it's acceptable. At least that's how I see it lol.
newmann
11/7/2017 6:29pm
Seems I taught him well. Next reply was “ you can rest easy, I fixed it”. Good boy, good boy...lol

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/7/2017 6:37pm
Now that's a proper looking wall plate lol.

It's all in the details. I notice random shit all the time. I don't know what it is, it's like my eyes are programmed to notice things most people wouldn't even bat an eyelash to.
newmann
11/7/2017 6:58pm
Being in the collision repair business, 1mm can make or break stuff some times. It's a bit of a curse when dealing with things where people view 1/4 inch as "acceptable". I can't imagine the hell machinists go through!Laughing
JAFO92
11/7/2017 7:14pm
newmann wrote:
Floors...again! Getting close, still having difficulty coming to grips with spending all this money in a couple of months. Took four years last time...lol. Insurance company...
Floors...again! Getting close, still having difficulty coming to grips with spending all this money in a couple of months. Took four years last time...lol. Insurance company dragging some serious ass while the credit cards continue to melt.

Hmmm, you sure that baseboard is all from the same run........ Wink
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/7/2017 7:17pm
A cousin of mine used to machine parts for commercial airplanes and he said he's seen it more than once people scrapping 50k+ worth of pieces because small margin errors are just not acceptable when you're dealing with planes. Can't risk something going wrong when lives are potentially at stake.

He no longer does that for a living but I agree. I don't know how those guys do it on a daily basis without going insane.
newmann
11/7/2017 7:25pm
newmann wrote:
Floors...again! Getting close, still having difficulty coming to grips with spending all this money in a couple of months. Took four years last time...lol. Insurance company...

JAFO92 wrote:
Hmmm, you sure that baseboard is all from the same run........ Wink
Oh my. Not even going to post that pic. Laughing
woodsrider427
11/8/2017 4:36am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
^^^ Casing on the left side of the door where the light is turned on next to the island is cut short. Other than that, looks...

newmann wrote:
LOL. Those little details are getting fixed as they pop up. But that’s okay, just keep fuggin with me. Same shit I have to put up...
LOL. Those little details are getting fixed as they pop up. But that’s okay, just keep fuggin with me. Same shit I have to put up with from my kids , Maverick! Oldest son whose house also flooded sent me this pic last night as he was trimming out the details on his house.

He knows I am a bit OCD (about certain things). I replied “ I’ll be right over”. Laughing
That one drives me nuts too, luckily my electrician is a bit OCD about his work too so I very rarely have to correct them.
newmann
12/5/2017 7:45am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2017 8:11am
Finally, appliances are arriving. It’s happening, Part 2.

newmann
12/5/2017 8:45am
It’s a beast. And of course the granite is too tight by about 1/32 “. She's a no go for the moment. Oh well, off to work I go.

Hut
12/5/2017 8:57am
newmann wrote:
It’s a beast. And of course the granite is too tight by about 1/32 “. She's a no go for the moment. Oh well, off to...
It’s a beast. And of course the granite is too tight by about 1/32 “. She's a no go for the moment. Oh well, off to work I go.

So is that a direct replacement to what was there before the flooding? What happened to the old one? Does it get trashed or rebuilt? Just curious since it looks mostly stainless
newmann
12/5/2017 9:15am
newmann wrote:
It’s a beast. And of course the granite is too tight by about 1/32 “. She's a no go for the moment. Oh well, off to...

Hut wrote:
So is that a direct replacement to what was there before the flooding? What happened to the old one? Does it get trashed or rebuilt? Just...
So is that a direct replacement to what was there before the flooding? What happened to the old one? Does it get trashed or rebuilt? Just curious since it looks mostly stainless
Considering it was soaking for a week in two foot of water with ecoli levels 130 times above normal as well as sewer, oil, gas, pesticides...and who knows what else was floating around I’m not real sure I would want to be eating anything cooked in it. I think it would probably fire up and run with the exception of the lower warming drawer. Biggest concern would be the insulation being compromised after being wet. Still arguing with the insurance company over the cost so the old one is still in the garage taking up space. Besides, it’s hard for my tight ass to cart such an expensive piece to the curb. I have a friend interested in it so we will see what happens.
newmann
12/5/2017 9:16am
And yes, direct replacement but the granite was pulled and reinstalled. A little cleanup on the edge and hopefully it will be a good fit again.
Hut
12/5/2017 9:19am
newmann wrote:
Considering it was soaking for a week in two foot of water with ecoli levels 130 times above normal as well as sewer, oil, gas, pesticides...and...
Considering it was soaking for a week in two foot of water with ecoli levels 130 times above normal as well as sewer, oil, gas, pesticides...and who knows what else was floating around I’m not real sure I would want to be eating anything cooked in it. I think it would probably fire up and run with the exception of the lower warming drawer. Biggest concern would be the insulation being compromised after being wet. Still arguing with the insurance company over the cost so the old one is still in the garage taking up space. Besides, it’s hard for my tight ass to cart such an expensive piece to the curb. I have a friend interested in it so we will see what happens.
It looks commercial so I was just curious if it could have been rebuilt. Maybe at the factory? Probably not worth it though, these days manufacturing is so streamlined it's less expensive to just replace everything.
Nice looking though
Now what, grind the granite?
Hut
12/5/2017 9:20am
newmann wrote:
And yes, direct replacement but the granite was pulled and reinstalled. A little cleanup on the edge and hopefully it will be a good fit again.
nice tight fit
Foghorn
12/5/2017 2:10pm
newmann wrote:
Same thing happened to me. I think it cost me $50 to bring in the granite guy. Way cheaper than buying the proper tools.

Post a reply to: The official kitchen thread

The Latest