The best race I saw Saturday

Larry
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 9:30am
Was the last 5 laps of the Daytona Prototypes from Homestead. Scott Pruett is one tough hombre.
|
XBUTCHX
3/8/2010 10:54am
Scott Pruett is a bad ass! Under rated by most of the pubic I think. But insiders know his is the shizz. That's why he's been around so long, always with a ride!
indy_maico
3/8/2010 12:39pm
Larry wrote:
Was the last 5 laps of the Daytona Prototypes from Homestead. Scott Pruett is one tough hombre.
Scott is unbelievable, and one of the most fit drivers I know.

I mean, the guy will be 50 in a couple of weeks, and you would never know it. He looks the same as he did when he was 30.

If he hadn't hurt his legs so bad back in 1990, he would have set a lot of open-wheel records for wins. He tried driving Indycars with a little success after that, but he really couldn't cope with the driving position and the limited movement of his ankles, etc.
Larry
3/8/2010 12:54pm
My favorite Pruett story is the one where he took all of his savings and rented an Indycar for a race to show all of the top guys what he could do. i think he had a full time indycar ride (when that series meant something) about 30 minutes after that race was over.
indy_maico
3/8/2010 1:06pm
Larry wrote:
My favorite Pruett story is the one where he took all of his savings and rented an Indycar for a race to show all of the...
My favorite Pruett story is the one where he took all of his savings and rented an Indycar for a race to show all of the top guys what he could do. i think he had a full time indycar ride (when that series meant something) about 30 minutes after that race was over.
He was the victim of some bad timing in CART, too.

When he was at Patrick Racing, and they stuck with Lola chassis when the Reynard became the benchmark. They switched to Reynards, but the first year that Cosworth ran the XD engine it was a disaster. (Remember Robby Gordon jumping on the sidepod and kicking the Ford logo on the engine cover when he grenaded one at Mid-Ohio in Walkers Valvoline-sponsored Reynard?)

Then Patrick went thru the phase of jumping to the Swift chassis, which was a step backwards from the Reynard, then Scott jumped over to Arciero-Wells which ran a Reynard, but had Toyota engines which were probably the worst engine in CART at the time. By the time they came good, Scott was out of Indycars and back in sports cars.

Post a reply to: The best race I saw Saturday

The Latest