The King has a set

coolhand
Edited Date/Time 2/25/2014 4:04pm
|
TX24
2/10/2014 6:07am
I don't agree she got her ride because she's female, I think she got it because many people think she's hot.

Even though I respect Kyle P. he had a ride for years without very good results.
2/10/2014 9:03am
TX24 wrote:
I don't agree she got her ride because she's female, I think she got it because many people think she's hot. Even though I respect Kyle...
I don't agree she got her ride because she's female, I think she got it because many people think she's hot.

Even though I respect Kyle P. he had a ride for years without very good results.
Kyle? Thats Richard who was quoted. 200 wins 7 titles and a bitchin cowboy hat. Danica is a talented driver but not a racer
Old-Man
2/10/2014 9:29am
Kyle? Thats Richard who was quoted. 200 wins 7 titles and a bitchin cowboy hat. Danica is a talented driver but not a racer
Your right, She's not a racer. When she was in Indy cars she had a hard time around others and that has transferred to Nascar. Watch her, When she gets around other cars the same speed (and it's always the same cars each week) she either backs off or wrecks and then gets on the horn and bitches about it.

Nascar loves her because she brings a shit load of female viewers to the playground. Petty's should be happy for that

The Shop

mx757
2/10/2014 10:10am
I don't think he said anything untrue at all. She only has a ride because she is a female that is decently hot, and can get sponsorship $ into the team. She will be a threat at superspeedway races only because there is no braking and driving the car into the corner hard.

Honestly, Dale Jr is only slightly better, relying on his name to bring in sponsor $ and a ride. If his last name were anything other than Ernhardt, Petty, or Allison, he wouldn't have his ride.
TX24
2/10/2014 10:19am
TX24 wrote:
I don't agree she got her ride because she's female, I think she got it because many people think she's hot. Even though I respect Kyle...

I know who Richard is. I just meant his sons last nine seasons only had 7 top ten finishes. I guess if you can bring the money in.
msmola2002
2/10/2014 8:48pm
I went to the Indy race at Watkins Glen a couple years back. There was a truck selling merchandise for penske and another truck with half Danica and half someone else, then a shack with the rest. Probably 30% of the females there had Danica crap on.

She may suck as a racer but she is a marketing wet dream.
APLMAN99
2/20/2014 7:04am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2014 7:05am
It took Tony Stewart a while, but his feelings about Richard Petty's comments that Danica Patrick could only win a Sprint Cup race if "everybody else stayed home" finally bubbled over.

Before a live audience at an appearance near Daytona International Speedway, Stewart told Performance Racing Network that he suggested to his Stewart-Haas Racing driver that she challenge the 76-year-old Petty, NASCAR's all-time leader in wins (200) and co-holder of the championships record (7), to a match race.

"I think that (a race) would pretty much settle it once and for all, maybe get him to shut up a little bit, too," Stewart said. "I will supply the cars. If he wants to race her, I'll make sure they have exactly the same setup in the car and give him the chance. He can drive one of my 14 cars. I don't care."

I think that (a race) would settle it once and for all -- maybe get him to shut up a little bit, too. ... I will supply the cars. If he wants to race her, I'll make sure they have exactly the same setup in the car and give him the chance. He can drive one of my 14 cars, I don't care.

And if Patrick were to win the race, Stewart said, "If I were her, I'd take (the checkered flag) over there and cram it up his (butt)."

Stewart said Petty doesn't understand how much NASCAR has changed since his era, and how much harder it is to be successful now. When Petty drove the circuit, Stewart said that his equipment was almost always superior to that of his competition.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/10485750/tony-stewart-s…
huck
2/20/2014 8:55am
APLMAN99 wrote:
It took Tony Stewart a while, but his feelings about Richard Petty's comments that Danica Patrick could only win a Sprint Cup race if "everybody else...
It took Tony Stewart a while, but his feelings about Richard Petty's comments that Danica Patrick could only win a Sprint Cup race if "everybody else stayed home" finally bubbled over.

Before a live audience at an appearance near Daytona International Speedway, Stewart told Performance Racing Network that he suggested to his Stewart-Haas Racing driver that she challenge the 76-year-old Petty, NASCAR's all-time leader in wins (200) and co-holder of the championships record (7), to a match race.

"I think that (a race) would pretty much settle it once and for all, maybe get him to shut up a little bit, too," Stewart said. "I will supply the cars. If he wants to race her, I'll make sure they have exactly the same setup in the car and give him the chance. He can drive one of my 14 cars. I don't care."

I think that (a race) would settle it once and for all -- maybe get him to shut up a little bit, too. ... I will supply the cars. If he wants to race her, I'll make sure they have exactly the same setup in the car and give him the chance. He can drive one of my 14 cars, I don't care.

And if Patrick were to win the race, Stewart said, "If I were her, I'd take (the checkered flag) over there and cram it up his (butt)."

Stewart said Petty doesn't understand how much NASCAR has changed since his era, and how much harder it is to be successful now. When Petty drove the circuit, Stewart said that his equipment was almost always superior to that of his competition.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/10485750/tony-stewart-s…
That'll sting a little....
Old-Man
2/20/2014 9:06am
huck wrote:
That'll sting a little....
The flag up his ass or the words?
SEEMEFIRST
2/20/2014 8:05pm
Perhaps there is some truth to what he said, but why did he feel the need to?

There are a dozen hairy leg also rans out there every weekend too. Why doesn't he call them out?

I just don't understand why he had to stoop so low. I've never been a huge Patrick fan, but that was pretty unprofessional of Petty.
APLMAN99
2/20/2014 9:37pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Perhaps there is some truth to what he said, but why did he feel the need to? There are a dozen hairy leg also rans out...

There are a dozen hairy leg also rans out there every weekend too. Why doesn't he call them out?

I just don't understand why he had to stoop so low. I've never been a huge Patrick fan, but that was pretty unprofessional of Petty.
Especially when his son got by primarily on his last name for many, many years........
SEEMEFIRST
2/20/2014 10:46pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Perhaps there is some truth to what he said, but why did he feel the need to? There are a dozen hairy leg also rans out...

APLMAN99 wrote:
Especially when his son got by primarily on his last name for many, many years........
Yessir.

Perhaps she doesn't have what many of the top guys have, but to insinuate she was just handed a ride is blatently inaccurate.
She ran a fairly solid IRL career, and did pretty damn good in an Indy 500 or 2. You don't get the kind of opportunities she got without some decent prior expierence. I know guys like Matsushita just bought their way into open wheel cars, but Danica's dad doesn't have Panasonic money like Matsushita dad does.
mx400bee
2/21/2014 6:23am
I met Petty at a Plymouth Dealership in 64` when I was 10 on a Sat. morning and the only people there was my dad and I. He`s a great guy and spent a lot of time with me but back then not many cared about anything NASCAR. Petty ran every race possible with Plymouth`s support and more than half of his 200 wins were on local tracks against locals in what was mostly roll caged street cars. No doubt that Richard Petty knew how to drive a car but put him in the same situation as most of those he raced against and The King might not be sporting all those wins and records today. I say give Danica 2 more years with more seat time and Stewart showing her the ropes and then decide who can or can`t race. I still remember all those years the King raced when he was way past his prime and cruised around with the start and park cars. Was really sad to see a Champ end his career like that.
Old-Man
2/25/2014 4:04pm
Guess the "Race" is gaining some speed, Richard Petty said he would race Danica.

Now this is looking more and more like a publicity stunt for Nascar

Post a reply to: The King has a set

The Latest